Who DOESN'T make itineraries when they go?

I have tried to not make itenaries, but I'll admit it.. I am addicted to planning every waking moment when I am at WDW. :guilty: I even planned right down to when I would spend time in the hammock at the Poly this past Oct. :Pinkbounc

We used to have everything written down step by step. Now I am lucky if we have our transportation from the airport booked ahead of arrival! Yikes I think I need to do that this week! It is fun planning when you have the time. But we have taken so many trips to Disney I stopped planning a few yrs ago. Most of our trips are decided only about a month or two before we go.

No itenerary. We decide the night before which park to go to the next day. We get up when we wake up, eat when we're hungry, and choose the rides as we walk around by looking at the wait times.

I'm such a goof, I have a whole bunch of ideas for what I want to do and when I want to do them but in reality I know that I'll just fly by the seat of my pants when we get there. Doesn't stop me from planning though! :earboy2:

We always go with my MIL/FIL or my parents so there are four adults wishes to consider, and no one else is as obsessed as I am with all things Disney. The only thing that we all did on a schedule last trip was a PS for Sci Fi Dine In, I tried to get them to do a Fantasmic package this trip but no one wanted to commit to being in MGM on any given day. We are what hopper passes were designed for, we are all over the place :Pinkbounc just hopping along.

The funny thing about our last trip was that my MIL asked my son every morning where we were going to go (he was two at the time!) and then we went there. I thought about protesting at letting a two year old decide our routine but as it turned out every suggestion he had I completely agreed with. He's my little prodigy, my WDW boy. :D :love:

This is the first time since 1995 that we do not have an itnerary. We are not planning a thing, no ressies, no specific day of going to parks. I just wonder how it's going to go. But I am looking forward to it. We just want to do certain things. But we will do them when and if we get to them! :)

This is the first time since 1998 that I have planned what Parks to be in which days & that was done to accomodate PS for a bunch of restaurants we want to go to. I am concerned we are going to be there a busier time than we are used to, so I think PS's are going to be necessary. Also, DH is coming with us this trip & he's more into relaxing, having nice meals etc.... than ride time.
Usually it's just DS & me & we wing it.
After all these trips & all this time researching, I pretty much know what Parks are good what days & when good times to ride are.
We hop all over the place too. I can't think of the last time we spent an entire day in one Park.

We don't. We pretty much wing it when we're there, but in January you can. During a busy time I probably would. Most restaurants you can get in without a PS and there are pratically no lines so we can ride whatever we feel like without having to get Fast Passes etc. And we also take into account the weather, if its really chilly, we might go to AK and not Epcot because it can get pretty cold in Epcot at night in January.

I make an itinerary before i go only to pass time and get my self excited about the trip (as if i wasnt before hand) i make my PS but once i get there its what ever bus gets to the bus stop first is where i go to but i never rush myself to see everything i take it slow it is suppose to be a vacation :earboy2:

TDC Nala said:
I no longer have itineraries. used to, in the old days.

Don't you mean that you don't have daytime itineraries? It is my understanding that you have a permanent evening itinerary at WDW. ;)

Since I travel solo to WDW, whatever I feel like doing when I wake up is what I do. If I decide that it is a park day then I decide on which park. If I decide it is a resort day then I stay at the resort. Since it is just me, I don't find it necessary to plan that much ahead.

Now with the new packages coming out and me adding the dinning option to that, I will have to do a little pre-plaining for meals, but that will be done the moring I get up as well.

We don't have a plan when we go. We'll usually decide if we're going to a park the night before so I know if I have to get up or not. We've been so many times we don't need one and we usually don't book that far in advance (for our last trip, we booked the hotel about 2 weeks before). We live in South Florida so we can get there easily. I might plan more when we have kids and take them.

The times I've been to Walt Disney World in the past, I vacationed without an itinerary. As a child, I had no choice. As an adult, I simply didn't know any better.

Next time I go I'll definitely have one, but will be flexible with it.

Now that I'm a DVC owner I will probably stop doing itineraries, at least detailed ones like I've used in the past. The only need anymore will be for priority seatings and must sees.

All trips in the past had varying degrees of planning but this trip is different since it's our first without our DS who will still be in college and we are spending the last part of the vacation days at a convention offsite.

I may even fly down ahead of DH and just do the solo thing as I did one time before. My DH doesn't walk fast or far anymore and since we know the crowds will be horrific due to spring break and Easter we'll just pick a park and go for it! We'll also go back to the room and rest often.

As for park choices - sometimes we just get up and get on the first bus that arrives at the stop!

I will make a couple of PSs and determine the three things DH most wants to do and see and make sure he does them! That makes him happy and in turn, me happy!

Looking forward to our first stay at the Swan (unless we get a code for a deluxe between now and then to go with all our PHs!)

we have been going as a family since the 80's and I really planned those trips. I would have index cards that I would carry with me along with a loaded backpack. On this last trip the only thing we had planned was one PS before MNSSHP. We stayed at universal and had FOTL and a club level room. We would get up in the morning and wander down to breakfast and swim or hang out in the lounge. We would walk over and have lunch at city walk at someplace that wasn't busy and wander into a park. We would stay for a few hours go back to the hotel and swim and hang out in the lounge. The kids still talk about this being the best vacation we have ever taken. They said this is the first time we have ever had a laid back trip. I have learned my lesson. No more itineraries!

I did one once, darn thing almost killed me! I was so stressed out! I learned my lesson and other then a few priority seatings, knowing the park hours, early entry days and extra magic hours we play it by ear!

On our trip we didn't have so much of an itenerary. I did research on which parks was the least crowded on a certain day, and we would go on that day. I did my research about FP, which rides will be open/close, and info about restraunts and which rides to hit first. I didn't write everything down and didn't book reservations for restraunts. We just went with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter