Who do you use for EVC rental?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
We have used several companies over the years and wanted to hear about recent experiences for scooter rentals. I prefer someone who can drop off at bell services so we don't have to schedule to meet anyone.

They aren't one of the featured vendors, and thus can't drop off the ECV unattended at Bell Services, but I always use Walker Mobility. They have terrific service, nice people, and scooters with great battery life. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Used Apple scooters with no issues last visit and will use them again next week.

I'm with Florida Mobility Rentals this time, and it's been fine. By far the cheapest quote I had - and I could have had the extra rear basket on the back for only $15 for the entire 2 weeks! Some places charge that per day!!!

Incidentally, while Disney say only preferred vendors can leave scooters with them, when I went to the luggage section at AoA and said I was waiting for a scooter, they said that one hadn't been left for me yet. I said it wasn't a preferred vendor - and was told 'that doesn't matter'!!!

I'm with Florida Mobility Rentals this time, and it's been fine. By far the cheapest quote I had - and I could have had the extra rear basket on the back for only $15 for the entire 2 weeks! Some places charge that per day!!!

Incidentally, while Disney say only preferred vendors can leave scooters with them, when I went to the luggage section at AoA and said I was waiting for a scooter, they said that one hadn't been left for me yet. I said it wasn't a preferred vendor - and was told 'that doesn't matter'!!!

Did you get caught in the rain much? How did that go? Thanks

We also used Walker Mobility for my dad this past October and would happily use them again.

Did you get caught in the rain much? How did that go? Thanks

Last year it was only the once, but it was a real humdinger of a storm and the scooter died! It's forecast to rain this week, but only showers so hopefully we'll either miss them or the ponchos will do the job.

I am following this thread, we are bringing my parents in May and my dad can't walk long distances. This is a new territory for us and we aren't sure which companies are the best. He would need a sun shade also due to his skin. Do all companies offer a sun shade, drink holder, basket etc( I know for an additional fee)? I am afraid of break downs, rain, or just poor customer service. Any advice?

Our trip in November was my first using an ECV. We had a split stay with a cruise in the middle.

For the first part of our stay I rented from Walker Mobility. Since I had never used an ECV, I wanted to meet with an actual person who could show me how to use it. I was pleased with the rental and have no problem recommending them. I did experience two challenges: (1) you have actual appointments to make and meet for pickup and drop off of the scooter. This means scheduling around them, which is not always the ideal. (2) I found the hand action used to activate the ECV frustrating (doable, but for me it was frustrating) because of the direction of the hand motion required. Once I got the second scooter of the trip I realized how much I preferred the Buena Vista scooters activation motion.

For the second part of our stay I rented from Buena Vista. Because they are a Disney preferred vendor, they can leave the scooter with Bell Services, and you can leave it with Bell Services at the end of your stay. When I picked it up, the CM who delivered it to me actually showed me how to use it and made sure I was comfortable with it, which was unexpected but great ! I also appreciated not having reservations to have to meet for pickup and drop off -- the scooter was there when I checked in, and I dropped it off before we checked out. Very easy. Also, as noted above, I liked the hand motion used to activate the ECV MUCH MUCH better than the other scooter -- it was physically easier to do for me.

For future trips, Buena Vista will be my choice.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter