Who do you go with on a typical DVC trip?

Who do you go with on a typical/average DVC trip?

• Alone, all by myself.

• With my significant other (& nobody else).

• With one friend.

• With a group of friends.

• With my immediate family only.

• With my extended family.

• I don’t use my DVC points, I just rent them out.

• Other (please explain).

Results are only viewable after voting.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
Who do you go with on a typical/average DVC trip?

I know people may go with friends on trip and family another, etc. On average, what do you do most often?

I'm interested to see how people use their DVC points.

All of our trips have been immediate family only. Me, DW, and DD's. My daughters are 15 & 13, and I bought DVC to ensure that we would have high quality vacation time together.

We may take friends or guests in the future, but for now it's important to us that we spend our vacations as a family only.

We are taking 10 friends with us in October and two other friends with us in December. Our immediate family trips are fewer than before, since our "kids" are in their early careers and can't get away as much as we would like.

We're empty nesters, and have only owned for a year. Right now, we're taking short trips alone, (including the cruise, yipee)! But we have ressies for 2 "family and friends" trips with plans for 2 more larger group trips as well, I'm just waiting for the windows. We're looking forward to showing off our "homes away from home." Once this flurry of activity is over, by '06, we expect to have mostly family vacations.

Bobbi:D

I voted other because I travel with my immediate family, hubbie, two girls and one son, but we always bring a neice or nephew, plus my mother usually joins us.

We have gone by ourselves, with some good friends and this trip is with our parents.

I voted other because I have had some trips with good friends/room-mates from college, by myself, and with immediate family. There is no single category I belong to based on how I travel.

SimbaCub
VWL/SSR Nov/Dec 04

I go with my dh and 2 kids. My mom and sis also join us at WDW. Sometimes my dad joins us but he's just not into WDW -- he is changing though!

For HH it's just my immediate family.

Kristen :earsgirl:

I voted Other

I have made solo trips - great fun.

Made trips with only one friend.

Most of my trips with my mother - these will stop shortly - she is just too old to enjoy the drive down there. I have offer to fly her and pick her up at the airport - but she doesn't want me to leave her.

Some trips with my brother's family.

Some trips with several friends.

I have even taken co-worker on trips.

I also this year rented points

you didn't give the choice - all of the above.....

For now, I voted immediate family only (thinking those who actually live in the household), but things are a changing.

The majority of our trips have been just us and the kids left at home.. but I did fall into some extraordinary good airfares a couple of times where just me and one of the kids went and I even went alone once.. hadda get a fix! Actually went to see dd #2 and those granbabes down Miami way, but couldn't take the withdrawl so went to WDW for the other half of my stay.

This Dec DW and I will go it alone for our anniversary, next June DW, DD#4 and her best friend will have a graduation trip, Maybe squeek in another duo trip (Dw has been hinting strongly for a cruise) before June 06 when BIL and SIL will join us.. Oct 07 is spoken for by other BIL and SIL (thak God my side are such outlaws) DS #1 & #2 and spiuses have been promised a trip soon, and have given the warning "no granbabes till you get to WDW with us!.. yeah, that'll work.. Still gotta get the other grandbabies and DD #3 there by 08 too they will be 5 and 7, perfect age!.. By pure chance I found DD#1 will be in WDW this Dec during the same dates we will be.. Hey,, she is within 25 miles, I am counting it as a trip together!! (Hope to sit those granbabies at SAB while they have an adult night at PI) DS #3 just went with us, he's in college now and although he says he misses Mickey, we all know he is lusting after Cindy. Will do him good to wait for a few years..

points.. I need points!,.. money, I need money!

I checked other only because we are a family of 3 and always take others with us to fill up a 1 or 2 bdrm.

So it's either extended family or close friends.

DH and I always went alone until DS (almost 3 now) came along and now the last 3 trips have been all about him (and the best trips we've ever taken since our WDW honeymoon!).

Our upcoming trip in Nov/Dec will just be the three of us and next October, after taking DS on his first Disney cruise, we'll be meeting my best friend, her DH, and their DD for a week at WDW. Hopefully my dad will be joining us for a few days, too. I can't wait to share WDW with all of them!

We have only been with our immediate family so far. We hope to have some of our siblings & their kids join us at some point. :teeth:

Well, I voted for going with my SO, DH, however I was really surprised there was only one who typically goes solo. I had the option of that, too since my trips are a 50-50 split between those 2 choices. Since we joined DVC, I go twice a year, once with DH (that trip is always to OKW) and once a year by myself (BCV). However, this coming trip, usually my solo one, is uniquely with 21 yo DS. So SO trips took the slight edge in the #s over solo trips.

We usually go with the entire family wether it be my mom and dad asn sisters and brother or with DW's parents and her sister and brother and their families. We usually have about 12 people going in total.

SM there are several of us solo travelers in the others!!!

I like to go solo and I also like to include family, co-workers, friends - just depends!!!

We've done a bit of all of the above! We've been with just the 2 of us, the 5 of us, 5 of us plus our au pair, with my parents, and with my BIL & SIL.

Our November trip is the 5 of us, our au pair and another au pair, and meeting up with my sister and her crew who are staying at their Marriott timeshare.

Part of the joy of taking the au pairs is for them it is something they have dreamed of all their lives. The joy on their faces when they see the castle makes DVC worth every dime.

3 out of 5 trips w/ extended family (mostly my parents)
2 out of 5 trip (including upcoming trip) w/ just immediate family

DH and I go alone.

We also go once a year usually with a group of friends.

We also go once a year usually with DSIL & DBIL.

We've also gone on occasion with another couple.

We jsut love to go!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter