Who do I tip in cash? How much cash?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I'm wondering how much money I need in $1 bills. We are driving ourselves to the port. Will I need to tip anyone before the luggage arrives in our room? (Do I need to carry a lot of $1's on me at embarkation?)

How much do you give room service each time for coffee or a small snack?

I brought $30 in ones and $20 in two dollar bills.

I brought back about $20.

I tipped either Two or $four depending if I orderd a lot or a little.

But I ALWAYS am told I overtip, so maybe $1- $2 is ok.

Jim

We tipped the porter who took our bags when we arrived/left DCL terminal, I think I gave about $8 each time (arriving/departing)

Then a few $$ each night for room service... great deal for those chocolate chip cookies, milk & coffee!!!

You can also get change from Guest Services also if you run out of singles. Aside from porters, room service, etc.

I also tipped the guy at Pinocchio's Pizza on the last night as I saw him from open till close every day and I thought this guy totally deserves a tip. He was so appreciative and shocked.

It is so nice to hear someone on these boards mention Edison(the pizza guy)!!!!

He was my kids favorite. Our 6 year old insisted on writing him a note and giving him a gift and a tip! I had never even seen the guy and DS said he was the happiest worker on the ship! He is from Brazil and recently got a big promotion to the Kid's Club! Wow DS is so excited to go back next fall and see if he would be in his age group! He has never enjoyed the kids activities, so hopefully Edison will be there!

As far as tipping, we tipped in $5 increments most of the time as we had 7 people and 11 bags! I am glad I did not keep track I don't think I want to know the total! We had to tip a lot more as we were evacuated from coast to coast before we ever got on the Magic! Maybe I should have kept track for insurance. lol

missyoh8

Edson is fantastic...he really was one of the most happy CM's onboard!! Always served pizza with a great big smile!!!

MJ

We tipped the airline bag taker guy 10.00....the guy who takes the bags at the port 10.00...tipped 15 for taking them all the way back to our car and packing them in the trunk for us...Room Service anywhere from 2-5.00 but never less than 2.00. I think I went through more 5.00 bills than 1's this past cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter