• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who collects the $25 for extra checked baggae

plutofan523

Earning My Ears
With Delta and many other airlines now only allowing you to check 1 bag per person, how is that going to work with DCL onboard airline checkin? :confused3 I am still planning to check 2 bags, so will DCL collect the extra $25 when I do the onboard airline checkin? Or can I not use DCL onboard airline checkin if we go over our 1 bag per person? I called DCL this morning and they were not even aware of the new fare :scared1: They told me to call back after 9am and to talk with their air department to see if they know.

Most likely, you will pay when you check your baggage at the check-in counter.

OK, here is how it will work (i just got off the phone with DCL) and you can still use DCL onboard airline check-in:

When you leave for MCO you will check your baggage at your home airport and they will charge you the $25 per extra bag when you checkin for that part of your trip. Not roundtrip

When the cruise is over and it is time to go home :guilty: Disney will only give you 1 luggage tag for each ticketed passenger. If you have any additional baggage you will need to take it with you on the motorcoach and check it in yourself when you get to MCO and delta will then charge you the $25.....

When the cruise is over and it is time to go home :guilty: Disney will only give you 1 luggage tag for each ticketed passenger. If you have any additional baggage you will need to take it with you on the motorcoach and check it in yourself when you get to MCO and delta will then charge you the $25.....
:sad2: What a hassle. I actually paid more for my tickets on United because I didn't want to deal with my luggage at the end of the cruise so I chose a participating airline and bought ground transfers. I could have had a TV and cheaper flight with Frontier. :headache: We are going on the 15 day cruise, so there is no way around this for us.

OK, here is how it will work (i just got off the phone with DCL) and you can still use DCL onboard airline check-in:

When you leave for MCO you will check your baggage at your home airport and they will charge you the $25 per extra bag when you checkin for that part of your trip. Not roundtrip

So much for on board check in then.

I wonder how the airlines are going to handle that? "Yes I checked one bag in with Disney. Now I'm checking another bag in with you". Seems like it might be something that would cause the TSA to take a second look at you. I think a lot of cruisers might get flagged for the extended searches at security.

So much for on board check in then.

I wonder how the airlines are going to handle that? "Yes I checked one bag in with Disney. Now I'm checking another bag in with you". Seems like it might be something that would cause the TSA to take a second look at you. I think a lot of cruisers might get flagged for the extended searches at security.
You are so right. I didn't even think about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter