Who can use the Monorail???

YYCGal

Earning My Ears
Hi anny - we're new to this forum, so if this ? is in the wrong place, just let me know where to post it...

We have a MYW Pass w ParkHopper. Can anyone just jump onthe monorail or do you need to be a resort guest??

Anyone can use the monorail or any other WDW transportation.

Anne

Hi
Anyone can use the monorail. It's one of the only "free" things in Disney. Actully, not free, you have to pay to get to the parking lot first!

I do not believe it is true that anyone can ride the monorail. I have been asked to show a park admission ticket before boarding at the TTC.

I do not believe it is true that anyone can ride the monorail. I have been asked to show a park admission ticket before boarding at the TTC.

I have also seen them ask for resort ID during peak times for the resort loop as well.

Now I would have to say thats about 3 to 5% of all the times I have been on the monorail and we ride it alot.

That doesn't make sense a many choose to buy tickets at the MK or Epcot. Or perhaps are meeting people at one of those parks who is holding their tickets.

Anne

I have also seen them ask for resort ID during peak times for the resort loop as well.

Now I would have to say thats about 3 to 5% of all the times I have been on the monorail and we ride it alot.

That I can see, although if someone is heading to a resort for a meal that they have an ADR for, that's not going to work. I have seen people held at the TTC unless their name was on the ADR list for Cindy's breakfast on early entry days though...

Anne

For the record what I've seen the most was bus drivers requiring a guest to show a resort ID card to take a bus from DTD to a park or resort. That was to keep people from parking for free at DTD and hopping a bus to a park. Now that buses no longer run to the parks, it's not as big of a deal.

Anne

The last tiem we stayed at POFQ, there was a substantial wait to take the boat to DTD. Come to find out, the 10, yes 10 people in front of us were sight seeing and parked at DTD and took the boat to POFQ. They said they do it often, and have never been asked for any ID or anything. Needless to say, I advised them we were staying there and moved up in line the 10 spots since we were paying for their sight seeing.

They said they do it often, even taking a bus from DTD to Poly or Contemporary and then riding the Monorail to the different spots. Sometimes they will even ride it to watch the fireworks at the different parks.

The last tiem we stayed at POFQ, there was a substantial wait to take the boat to DTD. Come to find out, the 10, yes 10 people in front of us were sight seeing and parked at DTD and took the boat to POFQ. They said they do it often, and have never been asked for any ID or anything. Needless to say, I advised them we were staying there and moved up in line the 10 spots since we were paying for their sight seeing.

They said they do it often, even taking a bus from DTD to Poly or Contemporary and then riding the Monorail to the different spots. Sometimes they will even ride it to watch the fireworks at the different parks.

Many people do this. The technical answer is that if you are staying on property or have a park hopper pass, you have the permission to ride boats, buses, and monorails. Yes, you were staying at POFQ, but you didn't have any right to jump in front of those folks. Staying at a particular resort does not give you line jumping rights, unfortunatley.

Duds

Many people do this. The technical answer is that if you are staying on property or have a park hopper pass, you have the permission to ride boats, buses, and monorails. Yes, you were staying at POFQ, but you didn't have any right to jump in front of those folks. Staying at a particular resort does not give you line jumping rights, unfortunatley.

Duds

You only have to have a park hopper pass, even for the busses? I've seen signs about being prepared to show a resort ID before getting on a bus before. I've never seen anything about park hopper passes before:confused3

You only have to have a park hopper pass, even for the busses? I've seen signs about being prepared to show a resort ID before getting on a bus before. I've never seen anything about park hopper passes before:confused3
The odds of you being asked to do that are miniscule. I've never seen it done (although as others have said, they have). But honestly, I wouldn't give it another thought. WDW pretty much assumes you're visiting more than one park on your visit.

We were asked to show either our resort ID or park tickets this past Sept. I don't remember what they actually asked for because they were one in the same for us. Anyway, twice at the TTC I was asked to show it before boarding either the bus or the monorail during EMH and Magical Beginnings hours.

In the years that I have been there, I have never been asked to show id for transportation. Again, I have not used transportation when it was really busy, ie park opening/closing.

Hmmm - more and more confusing. It almost sounds like the 'rules' are very flexible and are at the discretion of the WDW employees...

I've been there at all different times & never been asked to show resort ID. :confused3

Like I said, many years ago you needed resort ID to ride the buses. Now you need nothing. They want people to go to the hotels and spend money in the restaurants and gift shops.

Anne

If you have park passes, you are entitled to any of the WDW transportation options. Now, if you are trying to get to the parks via a bus, boat, or monorail, for EMHs, you may quite possibly have to show resort ID since you have to be a resort guest in order to get into the park for the EMHs. The bus drivers/monorail folks may just be making sure it is only the actual resort guest that is hopping on board that early/late.
Otherwise, anyone can ride the monorail.

We were asked to show either our resort ID or park tickets this past Sept. I don't remember what they actually asked for because they were one in the same for us. Anyway, twice at the TTC I was asked to show it before boarding either the bus or the monorail during EMH and Magical Beginnings hours.

That was to keep non-resort guests who do'nt have the right to do EMH/MB to get near the place. That's a special circumstance.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter