Who brings their own golf cart?

I have a 33' fifth wheel and I put a swivel wheel trailer behind it with our golf cart on that. Traveled from Chicago to the Fort 4 times. Works great. My golf cart is a 2001 Club Car DS. We'll be there in 2 weeks with it.

We bring 2 with us. But we travel with 3 families in a grand gathering reservation. Up until this January, 2 of the families had a class A and we could tow a golf cart behind each one. We actually modified my car trailer to load 2 carts on it 2 years ago, and I moved to a 5th wheel. The one family still has a class A and towed the 2 carts down.

We have looked at the swivel system as well for the 5th wheels, but have not made any move on building 1.

We rented a GC from the Fort a couple of times and saw how much easier it made moving our kids around. We bought one and tow it behind our 37' MH in an enclosed trailer, along with a lot of stuff our special needs kids need on an ongoing basis.

I have a 33' fifth wheel and I put a swivel wheel trailer behind it with our golf cart on that. Traveled from Chicago to the Fort 4 times. Works great. My golf cart is a 2001 Club Car DS. We'll be there in 2 weeks with it.

We bring 2 with us. But we travel with 3 families in a grand gathering reservation. Up until this January, 2 of the families had a class A and we could tow a golf cart behind each one. We actually modified my car trailer to load 2 carts on it 2 years ago, and I moved to a 5th wheel. The one family still has a class A and towed the 2 carts down.

We have looked at the swivel system as well for the 5th wheels, but have not made any move on building 1.

We rented a GC from the Fort a couple of times and saw how much easier it made moving our kids around. We bought one and tow it behind our 37' MH in an enclosed trailer, along with a lot of stuff our special needs kids need on an ongoing basis.

Anyone care to share pics of their set up?

I am not sure I ever took pictures of trailer all loaded up with 2 carts. But I will double check. Its really just a car trailer that we load one cart across the nose in front of the axles, and then the second one loads normally. the trailer is actually well balenced that way.

Where did ya get if if ya don't mind me asking?

Where did ya get if if ya don't mind me asking?

I'll post some pictures when I get home. I actually scored the swivel wheel trailer off of Craigslist used about 2 years old. The trailer comes out of Texas from Fastmaster products. Great company.

Last year I blew out the tire in Georgia on my way down. Luckily I had a spare so I was on my way pretty quickly. Once I got to Disney I called the company because I didn't want to travel all the way back to chicago without a spare. He said the shipping would be expensive so he found one at a discount tire and I went and picked it up.

We have a class a motorhome and an enclosed trailer that we either haul our golf cart or motorcycle. Sorry, cannot post pictures yet due to post count. A word of advise, if you decide on an enclosed trailer pay attention to the height as quite a few carts are to tall to drive in without first removing the top.

We had a trailer when we bought our GC. The GC would not fit, so we bought another trailer. Then DW bought a longer roof to cover the rear seat. Then the GC was too high to fit. We have to remove the roof every time. I guess we're due for another new trailer. :lmao:

We had a trailer when we bought our GC. The GC would not fit, so we bought another trailer. Then DW bought a longer roof to cover the rear seat. Then the GC was too high to fit. We have to remove the roof every time. I guess we're due for another new trailer, before we buy a 6 seater.... :lmao:

It made since for us to buy one as many times as we stay at the Fort ( 4 times in the last 6 months ) Every time I would look at our statement after we were home the cost the the rented cart was adding up. This cart has payed for it self 4 or 5 times over. We pull a 14 foot trailer most all the time with the cart and motorcycles or bicycles in it. Disney has a great lot to drop your trailer during your stay. Can't wait until 4-3-14 for our 6 niter to celebrate my DW's birthday .party:

I'm pulling a travel trailer and put the Club car in the bed of my f-250. Have to take the tailgate off to have room for the trailer jack to turn but it fits, with no room to spare. Going to fab up a extension to the bed of the truck just to make it completely safe.

If all the weight of the cart is on the bed, I would consider fabbing a safety rail incase you loose a cargo strap, but don't go crazy if the cart fits.

I'm going to fab up some with 2" angle iron so that the rear tires fit in the kinda like a saddle/wheel stop. Will still have it strapped down tight but this way when I load it it will fit solid while I get out.

Sounds like a plan to me. I would also recommend moving above the 1" tie down straps. While the cart is only 1200# or so with batteries I have actually seen the ratchets on those 1" straps fail. We always use either 1 2" strap across the floor of the golf cart or one holding the front and another holding the rear just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter