Who are your favorite ABD Guides?

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
Just curious, with all the combined adventurers on the boards, who are ya'll's favorite guides and on which adventures?

Aw, man, they're all my favorites! How do you expect me to choose? :)

Sayhello

Big shout out to Marco and James on Bella Italia tour, and Alisa and Nadine in Germany. :yay:

What trips does Dusty usually do? Is there a way to find which guides you will get?
As I understand it, even the guides themselves don't know where exactly they'll be assigned until just a few months before the ABD's. Some have Facebook fan sites that they update.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating, these guys are the Top Guns of Disney cast members. I remember all mine - Jason, Clementine, Jennae, Henry, Christian, Steven, Michael, and Dean. I couldn't choose a favorite. It seems to be that there are a few "patriarchs" though. Those that have been around since the early days. Those that are often seen in promo pieces by ABD. Those who's names are instantly recognized by fellow AbD guides. Jason and Jennae fit that description.

I've only been on 3 ABD's so far but have been fortunate enough to have great guides on all of them. I'd rate Dean and Michael (Back Stage Magic) very high. But I have to give my highest praise to Dusty.

As I understand it, even the guides themselves don't know where exactly they'll be assigned until just a few months before the ABD's. Some have Facebook fan sites that they update.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating, these guys are the Top Guns of Disney cast members. I remember all mine - Jason, Clementine, Jennae, Henry, Christian, Steven, Michael, and Dean. I couldn't choose a favorite. It seems to be that there are a few "patriarchs" though. Those that have been around since the early days. Those that are often seen in promo pieces by ABD. Those who's names are instantly recognized by fellow AbD guides. Jason and Jennae fit that description.
I remember all mine, too. :) Chris and Cheryl, Jesse and Rae, Robyn and Tina, Landon and Adam, Elena and Landon again (the only Guide I've had twice so far!) & Zoe and Hanneke. Wonderful, wonderful. The only ones that weren't totally stellar were Jesse and Rae in Alaska. But that was because there seemed to be a personality clash between the two. They were both good at their jobs, and everything ran smoothly, but it was obvious that for whatever reason, Rae didn't respect Jesse. It was still a fabulous trip, but didn't quite have the total ABD magic because of that.

I so want to have Jennae for China... :)

Sayhello

I think Jason is fantastic, and the local guide Craig Ziman in South Africa makes that trip the best of the four we've taken. Having him and Jason together...well...life doesn't get any better.

I've only been on one ABD trip, but Jennae in China was awesome!!! So upbeat, helpful, energetic, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, fun,....

I completely agree with everyone's take on how great the guides are. The one's that stand out for us are: Marc and Maddie (Alpine Magic)- They were a great team and complemented each other really well. Tiffany (Wyoming)-boundless energy and a wealth of knowledge. Jennae and Bettie (Jennae knows everything and Bettie was awesome with the kids).

Six adventures so far:

Michael and Jamie / BSM #1
Michael and Christian / BSM #2
Adam and Landon / Nights and Lights
Heidi and Marco / Viva Italia
Christian and Natalia / BSM #3
Kelly and Jackie / Emerald Isle

They were all great, cannot wait to see who we get on our next adventure.

Dusty is like the energizer bunny on crack.

While I have enjoyed almost all of my guides I was extremely impressed with Troy on the Viva italia Trip last year, he was new to both Disney and ABD and my trip was the first one he was "on his own" meaning he wasn't shadowing anyone and you would have thoght he had worked from the begining with ABD he was so good.

I have done BSM 3x and the mini BSM. I have had Michael for 3 of the 4. Love him (and Jaime). Going to San Francisco in October; it will be weird to have a different guide!

Dusty and Marco B were our Guides for Signature Viva Italia in May 2013. They are both FANTASTICO!!!

Anibel and Marcello were unbelievably awesome on our Bella Italia trip! (summer 2014). Practically perfect in every way! They made the trip even more memorable.

Hanneke and Zoe were our guides for Scotland in 2013, and they were phenomenal. We had Jennae and Bette for Central Europe last summer. Jennae was fabulous, a lot like Hanne and Zoe. Bette was awesome because of her German background and speaking the language. Not quite as bubbly as the other guides we've had, but still great and a nice counterbalance. A source has told us that we have Dusty as one of our guides this summer on the Baltic add-on (along with James), so I'm glad to see all of the positive comments about him.

Hanneke and Zoe were our guides for Scotland in 2013, and they were phenomenal. We had Jennae and Bette for Central Europe last summer. Jennae was fabulous, a lot like Hanne and Zoe. Bette was awesome because of her German background and speaking the language. Not quite as bubbly as the other guides we've had, but still great and a nice counterbalance. A source has told us that we have Dusty as one of our guides this summer on the Baltic add-on (along with James), so I'm glad to see all of the positive comments about him.

You will love Dusty and James! They work very well together and do a great job with both kids and adults. We still talk about Dusty's toner-time. Wish we were going too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter