White wall verandah?

Nyanchan

Earning My Ears
I'm spoiled, I admit it... I've only every had a room w/a verandah. This time we've got a white wall verandah. Has anyone ever stayed in this type of room?

What impact did it have on your room stay? Can you see out at all??

Thanks!

D~

We had the navigators veranda last year on our cruise. We were in the back of the boat and it was awesome. The only downfall is that you have to be standing up to see over the railing.

It was great to go out there in the evenings and watch the stars and feel the incredible sea breeze.

Don't think we could ever cruise without a veranda either.

My favorite stateroom, 5650, is "white wall" verandah room. It is the farthest aft one, so I love the peace and quiet. You cannot see through the wall, but since these rooms are aft, they are typically in nice, quiet locations.
Barb

I've had the white wall verandah and the plexi one and to be honest I wouldn't take a room that had a white wall verandah again. I loved being able to sit down in the chair and just watch the water, if I wanted to watch the water in the white one I had to stand up the whole time. And not only that but if you have kids the only way for them to see is for you to either hold them or them stand on a chair or the little table (of course I stood right there with my arms around her "just in case= but still nerve racking!!")

I personally love the aft white metal verandahs. We've stayed in 6652 twice and it's large enough to have a lounger as well as the table and two chairs. It's very quiet in the aft section and at night time it's like sitting on your own private porch.

Several people prefer the white-wall verandahs becase MOST (but not all looking at deck plans) are larger than the plexiglass verandahs. The farther back you go, the bigger they get. The last set of cabins (which are handicap cabins) have HUGE verandahs.

Originally posted by Whiskers
How can you tell which cabins are plexi and which are white wall?

*I copied part of BuzzBoyMom's post to answer your question*

Originally posted by BuzzBoyMom

Most Category 3's have transparent verandah railings. Rooms 8100, 8102, 8600, and 8602 have solid-wall verandah railings.

Most Category 4's have transparent verandah railings. Rooms 8088-8094 and 8594-8598 have solid-wall verandah railings.

Most Category 5's have transparent verandah railings. Rooms 7130-7138 and 7630-7638 have solid-wall verandah railings.

Navigator's Verandahs” have full solid outside walls except for an open-air window-sized cut-out.

Most Category 6's have transparent verandah railings. Rooms 6144-6154 and 6644-6654 have solid-wall verandah railings.

Most Category 6's have transparent verandah railings. Rooms 5142-5150 and 5642-5650 have solid-wall verandah railings.

Tink

If you look at the deck plans on the DCL website, the aft verandah cabins that have a * next to the cabin number are white wall I think.

The verandah staterooms that are aft of the navigators verandahs have the white walls.
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter