White Pass Railroad and Bike Tour or Chilkoot Charters?

I will pass on the biking! I would be the annoying slow person freaking out the busses on my side!!!

Going to bump in case anyone has other input...we still aren't totally decided, but the responses here are making me want to pick Chilkoot Charters...

Here's another way of phrasing it: Past cruisers who have taken one or both excursions, if you were me (knowing what you know now), which would you pick? Would you do the same excursion again, or pick the other?

We took the bike tour in Aug. 2002. I had not ridden a bike for a couple years prior and it was still doable. It was kind of scary since you're starting out at the top of a mountain there is really not a chance to start out slow. They do give you the chance to change your mind and hop a ride in the van down to town a couple minutes into the ride, and one girl in our group took them up on that offer. You really are riding the brakes for the entire trip down. I really enjoyed riding around town on the bikes once we got down off the mountain. It was raining on the mountain the day that we went so there was water being thrown up into my eyes the entire time we were going downhill, which was not fun at all. And it was really foggy so we couldn't see any of those awesome views. The views from the train on the way up were still wonderful though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter