White Elephant Fun- Postponed---- Maybe we can do a Friday Night?

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
Has anyone ever. done a White Elephant exchange online. It's just like the ones people do around the hoildays. The hostess gets all the information e-mailed to her and then letters the goodies, sets the picking order and the fun begins. I though it might be fun. I could host one evening if there is enough interest.
Let me know what you think,
Shawna

EDIT: Maybe we can do a weekend night- that way it can be later!
Shawna

I would be interested. I have "watched" them over on the CK board and they can be a hoot!

I'm not sure how this works online. Care to elaborate?

First, the hostess picks a time and a date. Then anyone who wants to play gets an item that is around $5.00 and can be mailed in a $.37 envelope. You e-mail the hostess what your item is. The hostess puts together a list of people who are participating and starts a thread. You need to be online when we play so that it does not take weeks to finish. Then gives each item a letter. The first person gets to pick an letter. The hostess then announces what is in the gift and the next person to pick. The next person can steal or pick a letter- It keeps going until everyone has picked. The last person can steal from anyone! Then you exchange snail mail addresses with the person you are getting or giving an item to- everyone mails their own.
It is just like when you go to a party except it's all online.

Does that help?
Shawna

Thanks! That's perfectly clear ::yes:: New items - not stuff we have laying around, right? As long as I'll be home the evening you do it, I'm in! :teeth:

This sounds like a hoot! Will we do this in a thread on the evening you choose? I'm guessing that's how it would be - so that we can all see what's going on.

At a regular one people all try to end up with the large package 'cause "big is best" or the envelope thinking it's a gift certificate. So we'll be choosing a "letter" to get a prize, but will we know who it's from? (If PattyT or Nicurn participated we might all assume their item was Prima Flowers.) :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

piratesmate said:
Thanks! That's perfectly clear ::yes:: New items - not stuff we have laying around, right? As long as I'll be home the evening you do it, I'm in! :teeth:

This sounds like a hoot! Will we do this in a thread on the evening you choose? I'm guessing that's how it would be - so that we can all see what's going on.

At a regular one people all try to end up with the large package 'cause "big is best" or the envelope thinking it's a gift certificate. So we'll be choosing a "letter" to get a prize, but will we know who it's from? (If PattyT or Nicurn participated we might all assume their item was Prima Flowers.) :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Before the evening of fun ends- everyone will know who gave what item and who won it- Then you will know who to give your address to. This is a simple, fun and inexpensive swap!

When should we try for?

Shawna

Any evening is good for me, but I turn into a pumpkin at 10pm Eastern.

Since I'm a teacher- I have to be at school at 7:00am--- therefore, I'm in bed by 10 pm everynight!
Shawna

piratesmate said:
Any evening is good for me, but I turn into a pumpkin at 10pm Eastern.

I'll post everything Monday Morning before i go to school. Then we can start around 7:30 EST. Please let me know if you are interested.

Shawna

Ummm, I really wanted to do this but I don't know if I can get out to the store before Monday evening! :( I'll let you know later today if I can't. Also, are you sure you'll have enough people to do it that quickly?

In addition to getting to the store I'll have to see if DH can drive the kids to math class tomorrow night. (The county runs a program for advanced kids whose needs aren't met in their own district, so it's like regular school & they can't miss.) We car pool with other families & it's our turn. I wasn't expecting it to be so quickly or I'd have mentioned it yesterday.

So I'm ok with waiting until next week- That way everyone has a chance to get to the store....
Shawna

Cool - thanks! I didn't want to miss it but would have understood if you moved ahead anyway.

piratesmate said:
Cool - thanks! I didn't want to miss it but would have understood if you moved ahead anyway.
This is a very stressful week for me, so I'm ok with moving it. That way maybe more people can get something and join in all the fun!
Shawna

but I have a scrapbook crop next Monday night. Will it be at 8pm sharp? I should be home by 9ish....Would love to play but if I cant this time, I will next time.

Just a thought....due to the time difference on the West coast, maybe a little later would be better. Some of those ladies may still be at work when the game begins. Just a thought.....

Let's plan on Monday at 7:30. I know it is a little early, but I want to leave plenty of time. If you want to plan an will come in late- PM me- I will see what I can work out.

Shawna

OK - I sent you a PM with what I got. Is there anything else you need from me? Besides showing up Monday night at 7:30??

Sounds like fun! :Pinkbounc Except it cost me more than $5! :( I liked what I got so much I had to buy a duplicate for myself. :blush: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So you find any scrapping item for around $5 that can be mailed with .37 right? Can it be more than one item that totals around $5 or just one item? Also, that would make it 4:30 for us west coasters, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter