• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

White Claw

That might be worth a phone call to DCL.

I just looked up the ingredients (I've never had one) and unlike beer that is brewed with malted grains or cider/wine that are made from fermented juice to get the alcohol content - or even the old Zima that was a "Malt beverage" similar to beer the White Claw ingredients specifically say: carbonated water, alcohol, natural flavors. They may not allow it.

However, the ABV is only 5%. There are many beers with much higher ABV and they are allowed. I think OP has a good case to bring it.
I am aware, but the policy is not based on alcohol volume, it is "
2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces)." If they allowed this, they'd have to allow hard lemonade, hard root beer, boozy ice cream, etc. many of which have an alcohol content less than most beers. I don't think it is just about people getting drunk on the ship they are worried about, it is also that they want to limit the variety of what you can bring on board so that people who want to drink cocktails buy them at the bars and make money for the cruise ships. A spritzer is basically a pre-mixed cocktail.

I am aware, but the policy is not based on alcohol volume, it is "
2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces)." If they allowed this, they'd have to allow hard lemonade, hard root beer, boozy ice cream, etc. many of which have an alcohol content less than most beers. I don't think it is just about people getting drunk on the ship they are worried about, it is also that they want to limit the variety of what you can bring on board so that people who want to drink cocktails buy them at the bars and make money for the cruise ships. A spritzer is basically a pre-mixed cocktail.

Honest question-Do we have any accounts of people not being allowed to bring those alcoholic beverages that you mentioned, or are we just assuming Disney will not allow it?

Honest question-Do we have any accounts of people not being allowed to bring those alcoholic beverages that you mentioned, or are we just assuming Disney will not allow it?
I don’t think it is assumption if the policy specifically says only wine beer and champagne may be brought on board and says they will confiscate any “liquor or spirits”—those drinks do have liquor/spirits in them

I don’t think it is assumption if the policy specifically says only wine beer and champagne may be brought on board and says they will confiscate any “liquor or spirits”—those drinks do have liquor/spirits in them
So the answer to my question was no, you do not have first hand knowledge. Those drinks are malt based beverages with low ABV. They are not classified as “liquor or spirits” as you claim. Additionally a cursory search revealed this thread which indicates that white claws WOULD in-fact be allowed. https://www.disboards.com/threads/alcohol-policy.3731280/

So the answer to my question was no, you do not have first hand knowledge. Those drinks are malt based beverages with low ABV. They are not classified as “liquor or spirits” as you claim. Additionally a cursory search revealed this thread which indicates that white claws WOULD in-fact be allowed. https://www.disboards.com/threads/alcohol-policy.3731280/
Of course not, if I think it is against the rules, I am hardly going to try to bring it on, am I? There was one person who posted said in your linked thread that said they were able to carry it on--that may have been something that was expressly permitted, or it may be (as the other person in the thread you linked said) simply a case of the DCL agent not paying too much attention to what was in the cans. There have also been numerous reports on this board of people who did something that is technically against DCL policy on various occasions and got away with it (e.g., smoking on verandahs, non-potty trained kids in diapers in the pools, and yes, even sneaking rum and other hard spirits onboard).

There is also a much longer thread on this than the one you linked, with lots of posts for and against. It did include an account of MIkes Hard Lemonade being confiscated, and that has a similar alcohol content. https://www.disboards.com/threads/another-alcohol-question.3483474/

I'm going to chalk this one up to YMMV, and you might be able to do it, but I do think the PP should be aware that wine, beer, and champagne are the only forms of alcohol that DCL states are allowed in its official policy.

As I said earlier this might be worth the phone call to DCL. How it's sold is a valid statement, but it doesn't matter how it is sold, it matter's what they will consider it at the port.

Worst case... they confiscate it and you have to pick it up when you get home.

As I said earlier this might be worth the phone call to DCL. How it's sold is a valid statement, but it doesn't matter how it is sold, it matter's what they will consider it at the port.

Worst case... they confiscate it and you have to pick it up when you get home.

That’s my plan. I sail in 2 weeks and my plan is to just try it and worst case I’ll just get it back at the end and I’ll drink it in the hotel 😆

I’ll report back with if it makes it through or not though

That’s my plan. I sail in 2 weeks and my plan is to just try it and worst case I’ll just get it back at the end and I’ll drink it in the hotel 😆

I am thinking of bringing sake on-board this time. If they confiscate it, I will drink it post cruise as we are not returning home right after the cruise.

What was the verdict? Did you make it on with the White Claw?

What was the verdict? Did you make it on with the White Claw?
Right? I’m invested in this thread and need an update. Are there truly no laws when it comes to Claws?

I carried on Truly Hard Seltzers 2 weeks ago. I had it in my carry on, it went through the security machine. Nobody even looked in it. I would’ve brought Claws but the gas station by our hotel had Truly which I like a lot too!

Guys, white claw is not considered hard alcohol, although I know this post is old, but the "hard seltzers" fall in the beer and wine category and are actually considered a malt beverage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter