• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Caynon Cafe lunch vs 50's Prime Time Cafe

mariemorgan

Earning My Ears
I hear they are very similar in the fact that they both joke around with you. Which one would you prefer if you just did one on your trip?

It's hard to pick, I would honestly pick depending on the location of where I would be that day . Also the menus are different so that could be a major factor . They are both good to try once ! I thin! Primetime would be my pick if I had to pick .

Pick the one where you prefer to eat... as far as the antics are concerned this may or may not happen.. depends on server, family, time of day and maybe which the direction the wind is blowing. with that said I prefer whispering canyon as I like the food there had good fun servers and some that just gave us good service.

I really like 50's PTC. I think their Fried Chicken is really good and we have had GREAT servers there

I was unaware that the dining experiences were similar. I never dined at the 50's PTC. Many years ago I stayed at Fort Wilderness, so it was a complete surprise when we had lunch at the Whispering Canyon. My wife asking for ketchup was a real treat...for me! I've heard rumblings based on the "Worst Dining Experiences" thread that Whispering Canyon isn't what it used to be. I was thinking about bringing my son there on our rest day. I'd rather not go through the hassle if it's going to be a bust.

I was unaware that the dining experiences were similar. I never dined at the 50's PTC. Many years ago I stayed at Fort Wilderness, so it was a complete surprise when we had lunch at the Whispering Canyon. My wife asking for ketchup was a real treat...for me! I've heard rumblings based on the "Worst Dining Experiences" thread that Whispering Canyon isn't what it used to be. I was thinking about bringing my son there on our rest day. I'd rather not go through the hassle if it's going to be a bust.
Neither place is about the food, but similar enough if you are weighing your options.

Getting to/from Wilderness can be a waste of time if you are planning to be in Hollywood Studios.

Along with the above noted suggestions to choose the restaurant based on where you will be located at the time - with which I heartily agree - I would also like to add that it may boil down to a preference for the types of food served.

WCC seemed to offer alot of BBQ style food - think BBq Ribs, baked beans, corn bread, etc. They also have an eclectic mix of Pacific NW items such as PNW style crab cakes (whatever that is), trout, and other fish. The theme escapes me sometimes. Without meaning to sound picky, we did not care for the BBQ items - Think BBQ sauce spread over flacid, uninspired ribs.

50's PTC seemed to offer more of a 1950's style diner fare - fried chix, meatloaf, etc. We thought the food was better here - but not by a landside.

Both places promote the antics of the waitstaff - as has been noted, which can definitely be hit or miss. The one time we dined at WCC we were seated way in the back behind large pillars, we didn't see any of the "action" & our waitstaff was less than enthusiastic. I'm told this can happen at both restaurants, tho we've been very luck at PTC.

IMHO we had a much better time the 3 times we've dined at PTC. Conversely, once was enough at WCC. YMMV.

Base your decision on proximity and on type of food - and have a great time!

I ate at WCC last fall after years of wanting to but never getting around to it. We loved it! The antics were great (not just ketchup), and it seemed the entire dining room was into it. Now I haven't had 50s in over a decade, had it a couple times, and unfortunately the waitstaff didn't really get into the antics either time. We are going to 50s this coming trip though, ironically over WCC, simply because of location and the menu. I am really hoping to get a server who is into the shtick though. That's the draw for me, especially since we're picking this over other restaurants that are a part of the Fantasmic dinner package.

I hear they are very similar in the fact that they both joke around with you. Which one would you prefer if you just did one on your trip?

Hard to choose. Both are very good....

I'm going to say 50'2 P/T for this has been a staple of our family for about 8 or 9 visits.
We've always had great service. And by that I mean played the part and all...Even the chef who accommodated my DW & her GF allergy went well above n beyond.

WCC we've eaten twice, and both times were fun. I'm the meat eater in the family so I loved it. Not soo much everyone else.

Nice choice, if only because I personally love the atmosphere at PT. We went a few years ago and lucked out with a really great server. But even if they'd been a dud, I'd have loved the theming (and I prefer the food choices at PT).

I think you made the right choice. 50's PT is a must do for us on every trip. We love the food. We find that the waiters take cues from you and even if our waiter starts out mild, they realize that we are looking for the antics and we always have a great time.

WCC is good, but we find the food inconsistent (some times great and some times just okay) and the fun and games are also hit or miss. If the restaurant isn't too full, it is often quiet, and some of the waiters do not get into the act.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter