• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyons

notafan

Earning My Ears
Just finished 5 days on the dining plan. Whispering Canyon food was great service awful. Took forever to get waited on after we were seated, server only came by once to see if everything was OK. By the time she came back to see if we were ready for dessert were tired of waiting and just paid and left. Wouldn't go back there.

Boma and Chef Mickey had great food and the service was acceptable. Lots of character interaction at Chef Mickey

1900 Park Fare and The Garden Grill had great food, and character interaction was accetable. Servie was better than at Whispering Canyon but nothing spectacular.

All in all the quality of the dining plan (and mousekeeping) have gone down considerably while the cost of the trip has gone up. It is going to reach a tipping point where it isn't worth it.

Just finished 5 days on the dining plan. Whispering Canyon food was great service awful. Took forever to get waited on after we were seated, server only came by once to see if everything was OK. By the time she came back to see if we were ready for dessert were tired of waiting and just paid and left. Wouldn't go back there.

All in all the quality of the dining plan (and mousekeeping) have gone down considerably while the cost of the trip has gone up. It is going to reach a tipping point where it isn't worth it.

I am sorry about your service at WCC. Sounds like you had the same service we did. Was Debbie your waitress? :rolleyes1

I do have to agree about the Disney quality going down in many areas while the prices continue to rise. I have not lost all hope for it to be restored....yet!

We have ressie next month for this, never have been there. Was hoping for a great family dinner with the kids:confused3

I want to see the Wilderness Lodge and was thinking about eating at Whispering Canyon. Is it over-rated? Maybe I should eat at their quick service instead? Any ideas? Thanks.

That's terrible about the Whispering Canyon. We'll be eating there in Sept. so I hope we get a decent server.

We're eating at Chef Mickey's too.

We just returned from staying at Wilderness Lodge and ate at Whispering Canyon on our first night.

Our service was impeccable. Our waitress was wonderful...very attentive and fun. The food, in my opinion, is just alright but my daughter had a great time. We were on the dining plan. Had the skillet...everything was hot but nothing was really exceptional. Dining plan also included all you can drink milkshakes. They were very good.

So don't worry...overall it was a good experience.

:)

I just returned from Disney myself yesterday. I booked reservations at the Whispering Canyon Cafe based on what I'd read in the "official" guidebook. It wasn't just the food that I was going for, but the atmosphere is what I was looking for, for my children.

When we arrived, the restaurant was whooping it up, with their hankerchiefs swinging, kids were parading around on wooden horses, and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Our food was good, dessert was fabulous and we had to take it with us because we were so stuffed.

I guess my two complaints is that our waitress was very busy and did her best, but we felt a little ignored. My second complaint is that we weren't seated in the main room, where all the action was going on. We were in a room off of the main room, so we heard the fun, but weren't part of it. I would definitely go there again and request the main room.

We also took our shuttle bus to MK from our resort, then caught the ferry to the Wilderness Lodge from there. It was a nice relaxing ride and the lodge was beautiful to walk around.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and ate at Whispering Canyon our first night. We were seated off the main dining room but still had a great time. My 4 year old happened to be very thirsty when we got there and was serious when he asked for a big glass of water (he had no clue what was going to happen). He got his BIG glass of water.
I had the roasted chicken and thought it was delicious. My 10 year old took a sampling of it also(the portion was huge) and loved it too!
I will absolutely go back there(the lodge and the restaurant).

We also ate at Chef Mickey's. Thought the character interaction was good. Food was ok.

I would also highly recommend the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Again, good food, huge portions, great service. We had "Aunt Donna"

I'm glad to read some positive reviews. WCC seems so mixed, with some people having a blast and others not so. We are going in Sept, and this is where we're eating the first night. It's our first time in a deluxe resort (previously just spent 1 night in Pop) AND with children (3 yr old + 6 month old). Does the night of the week or time of meal make a difference? We're eating there on a Saturday evening at 5:30 pm.

We ate at Whispering Canyon on Friday evening. We were early and were still seated 1/2 hour before our scheduled ressie. We were taken back to the "quiet" area and I asked if this was in the area of the action and the young lady said no and then I asked if there was any way that we could be seated in the "action" area..well, we were able to move and that was great:) Our waitress was Lazy Suzan and she was ok. The other people that waited on us were great...Lazy Suzan did not come back for quite awhile to see if we were ok..I did get a refill but only in the same size glass...We had the skillet and I thought it was great...we took the dessert with us as we weren't able to eat it then...it too was delicious...Our waitress wasn't really in on the antics that were going on,but we enjoyed the others:)However, for the price, I wouldn't go again, even on the dining plan...But that is my opinion...my little nephew had to sing with other little boys Happy Birthday to a sweet little girl named Maggie...they were all adorable:) It was a great way to end our perfect Disney week...

We have ressies for our trip next month - it'll be our first time eating at WCC. The ressie is for 4:05 pm - is that too early for any of the antics? We're going not only for the food but for the atmosphere too.

Thanks.

We ate at the WC on Saturday night. We had an awesome time. The kids rode around the restaurant on hobby horses and did the Hokey Pokey. They loved the yelling, swirling napkins and bringing crayons and ketchup to different tables. Our service was very good. We had to take the dessert to go. The only complaint was a horrible kid's meal with dried up pasta and overdone chicken. I didn't complain because our youngest just shared the skillet with the rest of us. My kids already want to go back again.

We had a great time when we went. Huge portions, and the kids had alot of fun. We are definitly planning to return. The dining room is loud and boisterous, but so are our kids, so this worked well. Plus the visit to WL inspired us to stay there on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter