• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon

jackglick

Mouseketeer
I had read awhile ago that they were going to be putting in a quiet section for customers who do not enjoy the antics there. Do you know if this has ever been done. Would love to go but can not deal with the cornyness of it. They have a great menu.

without the cornyness, why bother??? We had the BEST waiter, Deputy Doug, and so much fun and none of us are kids. C'mon, you're at DISNEY!!!

I"m not really sure how they would do it with the way the restaurant is designed. MAYBE the far end of it could be designated for that?

But even everyone in the lobby next to the restaurant is hearing all the noise from there.

It is fun though and if you aren't really 'engaging', then I have found that they leave you alone for the most part.
But, if you don't want the interaction, just go to Trail's end buffet over at the Ft. Wilderness campground instead...great food, BBQ and other items and no antics.

A quiet section? LOL, why bother going to the restaurant then? Just don't ask for ketchup and you'll be fine. I made the mistake of asking for that my first time there and ended up with every ketchup bottle in the restaurant on my table :rotfl:

It's not the antics that I find annoying---it's the resultant noise!!!! I.e., I enjoy the interaction and teasing at PTC---- but no one is running around and being unnecessarily loud. That and the grease that passes for food at the WCC is cause enough to avoid it.:hippie:

Yes they do! It's a section at the back of the restaurant, and they call it 'The Library'. We never requested it but we were sat there twice. I'm sure you could request it though. It's quite nice back there if you're not into the loud antics.

Yes they do! It's a section at the back of the restaurant, and they call it 'The Library'. We never requested it but we were sat there twice. I'm sure you could request it though. It's quite nice back there if you're not into the loud antics.

This is NOT a quiet area. We were sat in this area on our last trip at WCC and it was louder than being in the middle of the restaurant.
This is why....there is a door to the kitchen in this corner that the servers love to use and they bang on it everytime someone goes in or out of it.
There is only a few tables back there and it would be ideal if they didn't bang around. But I can safely tell you that it does get on your nerves.
We love WCC and do not mind the antics or the noise....but I seriously didn't like the constant pounding on that door.

OP, no they haven't put in a quiet spot. Don't think they will, unless they do think the back corner is quiet. LOL

I studied it enough to reason that they don't do it as antics, but as the door is solid wood there is no way for someone to know if another person is coming out or in, so the pounding alerts the people on the other side they're coming thru it.

This is NOT a quiet area. We were sat in this area on our last trip at WCC and it was louder than being in the middle of the restaurant.
This is why....there is a door to the kitchen in this corner that the servers love to use and they bang on it everytime someone goes in or out of it.
There is only a few tables back there and it would be ideal if they didn't bang around. But I can safely tell you that it does get on your nerves.
We love WCC and do not mind the antics or the noise....but I seriously didn't like the constant pounding on that door.

OP, no they haven't put in a quiet spot. Don't think they will, unless they do think the back corner is quiet. LOL

I studied it enough to reason that they don't do it as antics, but as the door is solid wood there is no way for someone to know if another person is coming out or in, so the pounding alerts the people on the other side they're coming thru it.

Well it was quieter to us compared to eating in the middle of the restaurant! I never noticed the doors banging, but the noise wouldn't bother me anyway. It definitely felt like our own little quiet area away from the rest of the restaurant.

Hi there!
My mom and I ate there in early December (celebration for my Master's Degree) since we were staying at Wilderness and we wanted a sit-down dinner that was close before we headed off for MVMCP.
We were seated automatically in the "library" area, which suited us even though we didn't request it. It's much smaller than the main dining room, but I noticed that it was all older teenagers/adults seated in our area. Our waitress interacted with us somewhat, but not to the level that occurs in the main dining area. Because Whispering Canyon is relativly open, and the sound echos off all the wood in the restaurant and lobby, you are going to hear lots of noise. Hope this helps! :)

As much as I hate to say it... the only way to avoid the "antics" is to just not go. Its just like going to 50's Prime Time Cafe.... you take a chance by going. You may have a "crazy" server or you may have someone who just does their job and doesn't get involved too much. Either way you are going to get some of the noise. However... if you go right when they open... I find it is slightly less noisy and there is a little less going on. But it will get worse as time goes one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter