• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon!

cbear5

Earning My Ears
My family of five is going to WDW April 21st. We are not on the dining plan, as we don't plan to spend alot of time eating at table service restaurants! However we have made two ADR's...one at Chef Mickey's since my kids have only been to WDW once and we have never done a character meal. The second one is at the WCC. I am debating on cancelling this adr particularly because it is at 4:30. Is it really that great of a restaurant? My family just love bbq and they have some pretty good appetites. I think the kids will have a blast! However is it worth the minimum $100 that it is going to cost us?

Does anyone have any photos or great stories to tell about the WCC?

Carrie

We went to the Canyon when my DS was 4. Now at 8, he's still talking about it. It was the one place he definately wanted to back to when we go in May. I had ordered a water, the waiter asked if I wanted a small or large. Being hot and tired, I asked for a large and boy did I get it. He brought a bucket.

We are still laughing about it.

:cool2: We've eaten there and the kids LOVE the antics the waiters/waitress do. There are too many to tell, but my older son dropped his fork and our waitress brought him a "paul bunyon" size fork and a matching size glass of lemonade.:rotfl2: 2 years ago, they made all the men in the restaurant form a circle in the middle of the restaurant and did a hilarious rendition of "my little buttercup".:lmao: If you ask for ketchup, they will announce it to the entire restaurant and everyone who has ketchup will bring you their bottle. Same goes for crayons. If you wear a t-shirt from say Sea World or worse, Universal, they will make a huge stink about it.:rotfl: It is a loud, "crazy-fun" restaurant, but I don't really care for their food. It is "ok", but the antics is great. But just because I didn't like the food doesn't mean you won't.:) Hope this helps and if you do go, you and your family will have a great time.:cool2:

WCC is a 'must do' for us, especially when we travel in a herd! :rotfl2:

My DH & DSnow19 are a couple of thirsty guys. After they ordered 2 refills, the waiter brought back HUGE soda mugs with huge straws.
Then the waiter climbed up on a chair, asked DH & DS where we were staying & advised everyone to steer clear of Stormalong Bay pool! :rotfl:

DS was proposed to by a waitress! He was 10 shades of red but loved every minute!

We brought DH's family there without warning them about the antics,
We were the 1st party seated at lunch. You should've seen DSIL's face when the waitress tossed the paper napkins & straws at the table:scared1:

Good thing DH & I laughed or I got the feeling DSIL was about to launch into her! :lmao:

Oh, and be sure to whip out your cell phone!

Jean

We also have WCC on our hit list this fall. Do the antics take place at all three meals? We are planning on a 10am breakfast but I am a little afraid my kids will miss out on the fun by hitting a late breakfast??

... Is it really that great of a restaurant? ...
Food wise, I would not recommend it if you are only dining at two sit down restaurants and paying cash. It is a restaurant with a gimmick-interaction which can be a hit a miss for your group depending on the waiter/waitress and guest at other tables. We have found drinking and excessive drinking tables get lots of attention here.

I've eaten there many times with just adults and the kids. It's always been fun, this past trip the kids had a blast with our waitress, Cowgirl Candy.

Here is a pic of DH's lemonade when he asked for a large one! LOL:
SeptembertoDecember2007Pics080.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is my oldest DD getting ready for the Stick Pony Race:
SeptembertoDecember2007Pics086.jpg

It sounds like the WCC is going to be great! I think I will be keeping my reservation!

Keep the photos and stories coming!

Carrie

Love WCC, great fun.
We go for lunch. The skillet is 15.99 vs 22.49 at dinner, no shrimp at lunch.
I believe they take lunch reservations until 3:00.
It is a great break from a day at MK. The boat ride over and back is relaxing and we enjoy walking around the resort, including VWL.
Went with our extended family at Xmas and the teens, who are at the complain about everything stage, couldn't stop talking about it. Had a great time. They really enjoyed the skillet, the bottomless milkshake and the antics.

Not only do we love visiting the WL, get hotel to check out, but we love the WCC we always have a good time and have always had great service. Dinner is alittle pricey but even my picky eater loves the skillet. There is something on there for everyone!!

WCC is only of those place that you could only experience at WDW!!!:wizard:

Keep in mind that you don't have to do the skillet. We never order the skillet, generally we order from the menu. The last time (Jan 08) I had the steamed shrimp meal and hubby had the meatloaf, he had tea, I had water. No deserts or appetizers, using the DDE card our total w/o tip was $29. You can even mix and match. THis means that if you want to order from the menu it's OK, but if hubby wants the skillet that is OK too. Same for the kids. The kids can order the skillet and adults can order from the menu. We use to do it this way often when our grandson traveled with us. We ordered menu breakfast platters and he ordered kids skillet (this is a good deal for the kids). This is one of the few AYCE type places that has both the AYCE meal or the menu selections, which we like. While we eat here for lunch or dinner a few times, we do eat here for breakfast at least 20 times a year. (It's one of our favorite breakfast locations, no matter where we are staying.)

if you are not using the dining plan and paying out of pocket, am i allowed to order a child skillet? what about sharing an adult skillet?

if you are not using the dining plan and paying out of pocket, am i allowed to order a child skillet? what about sharing an adult skillet?

Kids can only order kid skillets and adult's must order the adult ones. But if you order an adult skillet and you have little ones under 3 yo, you can share with them. You can not share any AYCE meals, except with under 3 yo children.

We stayed at WL April 07, and loved the Whispering Canyon, a lot of fun. My
teenage sons 14& 16 even enjoyed it. My oldest son drinks a lot so the waitress got him 4 huge glasses if coke, it was very funny. Also, I though the skillets were very good. Enjoy.

We ate here our last trip and this was the one place my dd's said we had to go back to this year. We enjoyed the food, the skillet was great! We love bbq too. My girls got a big kick out of asking for ketchup and everyone bringing them their ketchup. I think we had about 20 bottles!! Then they had to go give them to the next person who asked for ketchup. Now this happened to be a couple who didn't really want to play along, so when it was there turn to give people their ketchup my girls went and did for them. They loved it!! They also cracked up when a lady ordered her 5th drink and the waiter hollered hey everyone this lady has a drinking problem and brought her out a really large drink!! We loved it!

I took my adult son and then 8 y/o GD there, without telling them anything about the restaurant. I was very nervous, not sure how my son would react, if we got a waitress who was really into her role. Well, we did! When we walked to our table, our waitress was on her knees playing 'Ring around the Rosie' with three little girls. She glanced up at us and yelled, "I'll get to ya when I get around to it". A few moments later she came over, pulled some straws out of her pocket, threw them across the table at us, and asked what we wanted. We ordered drinks. She yelled at another waiter to bring our drinks, then asked if there was anything else we wanted. My son looked sort of blank for a minute, then sheepishly said, "menus?" She put both hands on her hips, glared disgustedly at him and said, "What do ya think I am, a waitress?". My son spit and sputtered for a moment, before he said yes. I am a psychiatric nurse and my son looked at me as she walked away and asked, "Mom, did you lose one of your patients?" During the meal, she placed straws in my GD's hair to make a crown and called her the Statue of Liberty and we had about 20 bottles of ketchup brought to our table. When my son asked for a soda refill, she brought him a HUGE jar of coke, bent over him, glared at him, and said in a threatening voice, "Drink every drop Coke Boy". My 27 y/o son gave me a totally panicked look and said, "Help, no telling what she'll do if I don't finish this thing". He then started guzzling coke as fast as he could. As we were finishing the meal, the waitress borrowed a chair from our table, stood on it, then yelled for everyone to stand up. She then made us do the Hockey Pockey. I was shocked at how quick my son leaped from his chair. I told him I didn't think he would do it. He gave me another panicked look and said he was too scared not to, as there was no telling what that crazy waitress would do, if we didn't. There were two young ladies sitting a couple of tables behind us, who had refused to stand. After we did the Hockey Pockey, the waitress came over to our table and asked my GD if her dad was married. When she said no, she told her and my son to go put all of our ketchup bottles on the young ladies tables. Just as they got over there, she screamed out at the top of her lungs, "He's single ladies, grab him!". I don't know who was more embarrassed my son or the young ladies. Just before we got ready to leave, she picked three couples to have a kissing contest and we all got to judge who was the best kissers. A few months later, I was taking my younger son and his wife down to WDW. My GD called me to tell me to be sure and take them to the restaurant with the "crazy waitress", and to not warn them about any of the antics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter