Whispering Canyon

schaery

Test Trackaholic
Has anyone been to Whispering Canyon Cafe in Wilderness Lodge? I've been watching for reviews but haven't seen anything so far. Thanks.

I've eaten there at breakfast a couple of times. The food was fine, tasty and well-prepared.

Go to WCC if you want to participate in the hijinks. If you're not interested in playing along with the waitstaff, you can get the same type and quality of food at many, many other places.

If you want a quiet meal, or have shy people in your party, then don't even think about eating here.

whispering canyon is a fun, loud and busy restaurant ...it sits on a raised platform off of the main lobby at wilderness lodge. the waiters enjoy teasing the customers and there are usually "horse" races with the kids around the perimeter of the seating. the food is okay - not great but certainly okay. the lodge is good place to walk around in after dinner. artist point is "down the hall" from whispering canyon
if you have kids, they would probably get a kick out of the evening. have a great time no matter where you end up!

And they have awesome pine cone waffles :thumbsup2 .

When is a good time to eat dinner there if you want to make it back to MK for the parade and fireworks? Also, does this restaurant accept DDP?

Thanks,
Crystal

We ate at WCC for lunch and loved it! The nachos and Walnut salad were great! The waiters were hilarious and the WL is beautiful!!!

We had lunch at WCC on Easter Sunday this past year. The food was good (not great) especially the ribs, good beer selection:thumbsup2 , cool atmosphere, but..... the service was less than good. Without the long drawn out explanation, it took us 2 hours & 15 mins. to go from seated to paying the bill!:scared1:

Maybe dinner would have been better because I've always read good things about WCC.:confused3

We have been there for Breakfast and thought it was great. The service was good, the atmosphere was super fun and we are going to have breakfast there again in September. If I ever get to stay at the WL again, I am sure going to try it for dinner. We loved it. My DH did not go with us before and just from our telling him about it, that was the one place he said he wanted to go this trip.

We stayed at WL in April and had dinner at WCC. The food was very good (my DH recommends the bottomless skillet dinner). It is a fun, loud place. Just don't ask for ketchup! ;)

I do believe they take DDP - you might also want to make ADR's as it can be hard to get in last minute. We did not have ADR's and could not make a last minute reservatiob however we did standyby at about 5:30 and were seated within about 10 minutes or so. There is plenty to look at there so the time will fly if you go that route.

You can take the boat from WL to MK. I would say make your reservation for three hours or so before the Wishes scheduled time. This give you about and hour and a half to eat. Then and hour and a half to catch the boat, ride over, get into the park and stake out your spot.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips. I have an ASR for 5 PM and the parade and fireworks start at 8 and 9 PM respectively that night. That's 3 hours, so hopefully, we'll have enough time.

I am looking forward to trying a new-to-us place to eat and seeing the WL all decked out for Christmas.

They DO take the dining plan...

We have been several times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We really enjoy it. The food is not fancy but very good. The menu is limited but the choices that are available are good ones. I agree that the nachos and shakes are excellent. The pancakes are also really good. The service is fun and loud. Make ADR for breakfast or dinner. It does get crowded. I would recommend it!

Thanks for all the opinions. I thought my DH would enjoy this restaurant as we have seen this resort on the Travel Channel. However, I'm afraid he probably wouldn't care for "hijinks" while he's eating so this may not be the best choice for us. Okay, one more opinion request....how about Restaurant Marakesh in Epcot? I will be making ADRs for the Candlelight Procession on Monday. :santa: The CM at WDW-Dine says I need to be on the phone at 7 a.m. Monday (first day of ADRs) to make sure I get the restaurant I want. I've narrowed the choice down to LeCellier or RM, I think. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for everyone's help.

Go with Canada! We loved it. We too went for the Candlelight package. The food was amazing. Some of the best we have ever had in all of Disney. The atmosphere is also great. Service was tops.

We haven't been to the other one, so I cannot give my opinion on that.

All I have to say that somes up this place and hopefully y'all will catch on to what I mean! :goodvibes

"KKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!"

Okay, Canada it is. I'll be on the phone at 6 a.m. (CDT) Monday to make my ressie for CP 2007. I made ressie for Backstage Magic tour today and was told that were just a few spaces left for that week (12/9-15) already. Had to pay for it today, though. Yikes. Kinda scary doing that as one never knows what might happen between now and then but I do have 48 hour cancellation on that.

Okay, Canada it is. I'll be on the phone at 6 a.m. (CDT) Monday to make my ressie for CP 2007. I made ressie for Backstage Magic tour today and was told that were just a few spaces left for that week (12/9-15) already. Had to pay for it today, though. Yikes. Kinda scary doing that as one never knows what might happen between now and then but I do have 48 hour cancellation on that.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!

Thank you. It's hard not to have a wonderful time at WDW. As far as LC, every restaurant I've read reviews on (which is practically all of them, I think) has had good and bad comments so I guess you just have to pay your money and trust that it will be a good day at that restaurant. Thankfully, the food is not the only reason we are going, just something extra, and if the meal is good then that's icing on the cake. If not, hey, we'll still have all the other wonderful experiences to look forward to and remember back on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter