Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge

Since we will have a rental car I think we will try to drive instead.

We went for breakfast twice and dinner once this past trip (8/21-8/27). We LOVED it. We thought the food was awesome. My kids loved the waffles. My husband loved the "all you can eat" skillet. I found our server to be fun, but no overly obnoxious (my kids were a bit cranky). I think she read our moods and tamed it down a bit. In my opinion, it was one of the best meals we experienced on our vacation. I was afraid to go after reading some not-so-great reviews, but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

:flower:

mainewmn said:
Sort of off topic question but we would LOVE to try this restaurant on our next trip how do we get there from POP resort?

If you are using Disney transportation you would catch a bus to the closest park, then catch the bus to the Wilderness Lodge..Then repeat to get back!

We are suppose to have lunch there, and will be at the Magic Kingdom, so if I take a boat from there to WCC how long does that boat ride take???

I have been to WC twice. This is one of those places I'd hesitate to give up too much time and energy to get to - we went mostly because we were STAYING at WL. Worth a special trip only if you have the time. Kids adored it, food ok. I have lots of pictures of our last visit at WC and I think the dessert was the best part of my meal!
But since we love WL - and WC is handy - !!!......there we were.

I think the food at WCC is pretty typical Disney fare... nothing great, but not bad either. This isn't to imply anything negative, just that the food is "regular" stuff, nothing fancy or exotic, the type of fare you find at a good many restaurants both in and out of Disney.

WCC can be a lot of fun, but there are definitely "quieter" times when not much is going on. Lunch is one of these periods when not a whole lot of things happen. As the restaurant fills up, the antics quotient does too.

I would recommend trying WCC, not just for the WCC experience, which can be very entertaining, but also for an opportunity to explore the WL and vicinity. It's a great place to see.

Have a great trip!

We didn't like it.

I wanted to love this restaurant. But it just didn't do it for us. The food was good. But my wife and I just weren't into the atmosphere. When I am on vacation, I come out of my shell and do not mind becoming the butt of a joke and even quietly relish being picked from the audience to participate.

But WC was just too loud and the CMs seemed like they were trying too hard. It didn't seem genuine. We had a pretty mellow server. But every other server seemed to be trying to out yell the other to see who had the loudest voice. Just didn't do it for me.

I know most people love WC and the food was good. But I don't think we will be back soon.

You people are so lucky! I wish I had newbie servers. I thought the food was great (dinner menu) but the "expereince" was ummm...Oh, I hated it!

Too loud, too whoopin, too much holerin! And oh my gosh, if you ask for the ketchup! All the yelling made my baby cry (it was SOOO loud - we stayed upstairs and you could hear that restaurant from the halls in the back of the resort).

Then they had all the little kids get up and play and run around a whoop and holler too on a stick horse. Fun? I couldn't get my daughter to eat after that. I think if you are a naturally loud person, or somewhat inebriated, it might be fun, but I totally hated the "experience" part.

The pulled pork was great though.

princess:

It is a must do for me every trip but then again I always ask for Jefro and only eat there when I know he will be my waiter. He is the best I swear !

The food is always good , i get the skillet sometimes but other times I get the Pork chops try them they are the best chops I have ever eaten anywhere !

We ate lunch there last year when staying at VWL. I thought the food was tasty, but unremarkable. I had the skillet and ate everything, and it was just about the right amount of food for me.

The "antics" during our seating sometimes went over the top, and our 8yo was put off by it. They relied too much on shouting as loud as humanly possible. If they'd turned it down a couple notches it would have been a more enjoyable meal.

We just had 2 meals there this past week. Last Sunday we had lunch. DD (7) had the grilled cheese and I had the pulled pork sandwich with beans. Thought it was very good. And I had the best "Grand Canyon" Margherita--Gail our server made it and it was just great :cool1: It was a nice relaxing and enjoyable lunch.

On Tuesday night we took our friends and their 2 dd's (8 & 10) there. Alberto (quite "lively") was our server and he started out with the "Yippee-Ki-Yay" thing. He was fun, not too sarcastic. The girls actually spent most of our dinner playing at the Lincoln logs with the exception of "eating" time. It worked out real nice because we were seated at a round table just toward the right as you walk in so we had a full view of them at the Lincoln Log table. It was nice because we had some "grown-up" time while still having our girls in "view". Dh and I had the skillet which didn't disappoint.

Our friends had salad and wings. They were on a "low carb" diet and they were happy with that.

It's been a while since we've been here for either meal and after reading some of the negative comments on the boards lately I was a little concerned but we had a great experience both times we dined this week and wouldn't hesitate going again. Oh, the girls were a great help when the next table asked for ketchup. :rotfl:

We ate there last week and all enjoyed it. Food was good, atmosphere and server were great!

A word of warning to anyone considering WCC: Don't expect a "quiet" and "relaxing" dining experience or you will be disappointed. WCC is a lot of fun if you can handle the noise and extra curricular activities. There is plenty of hootin' and hollerin'. Plenty of pony races and plenty of hokey pokey and buttercup dances. You also need to be able to handle having attention drawn to you by the servers in a number of ways. Easily embarrassed? Maybe you should skip this restaurant.

The "unsuspecting" almost always come away with comments of "too noisy" and "unsettling". Just be aware... it is noisy and it is raucous and it is also very entertaining al long as you know what you're getting into.

I know, I know!

Why, it's from an old Paul Simon album! Right???

--pennyplanner

Bingo!! THERE GOES RHYMIN' SIMON, otherwise known as the album with "Kodachrome" and "Loves Me Like a Rock" on it. The song in reference is called "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor." Good going! For those who need a reference, the album was produced in 1973. :earsboy: :paw:

We ate there in May o5 and didn't have such a great meal. The service was also very slow. Also word of Advice!!!!- We went there the first night we arrived. Maybe was a little too "off the wall" after long trip and plane ride with 4 and 6 year old. However, I still don't think I would rush back. On the positive side, The wilderness lodge was a spectacular sight in itself. I'm glad I got to see it.

We ate there this year and got stuck in the back corner as well. It is no fun back there. Food was okay and the bottomless milk shakes were cool. Our server was nice. neat resort. But it is a journey to get to the place if you stay off site. You have to park at a special place and take a bus to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter