Whispering Canyon restaurant question

nila

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone !! Is it better to go for breakfast or dinner to get the most interaction and fun at the Whispering Canyon restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge ?? Thanks...

Good question. I thought I read somewhere lunch had the moser interaction/ fun. But could be wrong. I am still trying to get an ADR on our first night there.

For us, dinner was much more fun. However, last time we went we were disappointed because there were much fewer activities during our meal. No more buttercup dance. ;-(

When we ate there dinner and lunch were much more interactive. Breakfast was very quiet with virtually nothing happening. No one responded to the server's call for catsup until the third or fourth time when one young boy finally got up and took a bottle to the table.

I guess dinner is the best choice, is the food good ?? Would you go back ??

Our Ratings of Whispering Canyon: (*rev 12/19/2013*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A (skillets)
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: The eatery is known for its comic antics with the guests. The breakfast antics
have been toned down quite a bit due to complaints from folks who wanted to sleep late,
and those that wanted a more sedate breakfast. Amounts of antics are based upon guest
and server interaction, although lunch seems the most lively.

NOTE2: The food is plentiful, but just above average in quality. The endless shakes are
tasty and ample enough to give even someone with a hollow leg a brain-freeze. However,
the dining is nothing to go out of your way. Endless milk shakes are $6.99; sodas $2.99.
Both are extra, unless you are DDP. Dessert sampler is pretty good with chocolate cake,
jalapeno-lime-cheesecake, and an apple-cranberry-buckle shared family-style. Due to LOTS
of complaints, WCC added-back pulled pork for the dinner menu.

NOTE3: The skillets are not offered at lunch at all times. They are listed as "Seasonal".
When not offered, lunch is ala carte.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter