Whispering Canyon or Hoop De Doo?

CriminyCrafft

Mouseketeer
Hey guys - I've got a one week WDW trip coming up in October which means I can make ADRs next month! ;) So I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether I should book Whispering Canyon Cafe or Hoop De Doo. I'm planning on doing the Haunted Hayride that same night, and Hoop De Doo would be better location-wise, but I'm worried that the show will be lame. Any advice? THANKS!

I love the show. I would be more than willingly to share my youtube videos if you would like to see them so you can judge. I enjoy it.

We did both in January, They were two of our favorites. If you have kids they will love both. As for Hoop Dee Do, being lame, definitely not! It is corny humor but you could say the same about Whispering Canyon. Really it is a toss up and because you are doing the hayride, I would go Hoop Dee Do. Have fun!

Hi,

From our seat the HDDR is about as far from lame as one can get - it is a great 90 minutes of entertainment and the food is very tasty and plentiful also. Went to Whispering Canyon for the first time last year and had a good time there too. Can you do both? Have a great trip!!

Peg & Bob

Hi Mandy would love to see the video you had. Are the seats in any location good or do you really want to by the up close ones? Once you buy a seat, how do you know what seat you are getting? Thanks Lynn

Thanks so much guys. No kids, just two thirty-somethings going. I think I will definitely do Hoop De Doo. I was worried about it because I read somewhere (on allears.net I think) that a large portion of the time was spent calling out birthdays and anniversaries. But I don't care, and I love corny humor. I could possibly do Whispering Canyon as well but my dining schedule is packed to the hilt!

Mandy, I'd love to see your videos! Are they on youtube?

Thanks so much guys. No kids, just two thirty-somethings going. I think I will definitely do Hoop De Doo. I was worried about it because I read somewhere (on allears.net I think) that a large portion of the time was spent calling out birthdays and anniversaries. But I don't care, and I love corny humor. I could possibly do Whispering Canyon as well but my dining schedule is packed to the hilt!

Mandy, I'd love to see your videos! Are they on youtube?

I just put up the links to them. I had a floor seat right near the stage. We go from 5 and get about 7. There is a small part devoted to birthdays and anniversarys but they get the crowd involved during it.

Whoops we posted at the same time! I watched the first video and was smiling the whole time. I'll definitely book Hoop De Doo! Thanks so much for your help!!

We love HoopdeDoo. We haven't been since the late 90's, so we'll be taking the kids next trip. The videos look exactly like I remember it.

Hi Many can you link me in? I am so new to all of this and don't know what the youth tube is. My 8 year old son would go, think he might like it? Food spicey? Once you book your section how do you know where in that section you will sit? Thanks

Hi Many can you link me in? I am so new to all of this and don't know what the youth tube is. My 8 year old son would go, think he might like it? Food spicey? Once you book your section how do you know where in that section you will sit? Thanks

To watch the videos just click on the links I provided and it should start playing.

The food is like southern food. I honestly think the chicken isn't as spicy as KFC or such. You won't know your exact seat you will be in but you will know the tier when you book.

We love HoopdeDoo. We haven't been since the late 90's, so we'll be taking the kids next trip. The videos look exactly like I remember it.

Those were taken about two years ago and they have added stuff to make it much better and cry harder from laughing.

Sorry Mandy for bothering you, but where do I find the links. In your past email is no link and I went on the website and could not find anything. Please help. Lynn

Are you sat based on first come in your tier, should we get there early?

:hyper:

my links are in post seven. You don't have to worry about getting there early, seats are preassigned.

Go for HDDR! We go every trip and we have never had a bad experience. The show is not in any way, shape, or form lame. It's far from it! Here is one of my favorite pictures from the show. It is of the Six Bits (my favorite character):

100_1350.jpg

Go for HDDR! We go every trip and we have never had a bad experience. The show is not in any way, shape, or form lame. It's far from it! Here is one of my favorite pictures from the show. It is of the Six Bits (my favorite character):

100_1350.jpg

Oh I love that picture. The Dolly back in 87 tried to take me when I was a baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter