Whispering Canyon Cafe?

mrp

Earning My Ears
I have PS for the WHispering Canyon Cafe for dinner on 4/14. I have not seen much on the boards about the quality of the food here. I will be traveling with my DH, DS 13, DS11, and my DD8. Two of them are on gluten free diets. I know at most restaurants they are very accomodating to diets. I have heard a lot about the atmosphere here being fun. My kids really like it at O'Hana's and we are going there one night also. I am mainly concerned about the quality of the food. Any help would be appreciated, or any other suggestions of another not-to-miss restaurant for a nice dinner with my kids. Thanks!

We have eaten several times at that restaurant and enjoyed it. The menu has a lot of BBq items on it and a family style all you can eat meal, as well individual meals. I believe the meals come with a salad and cornbread. The kids loved the entertainment the waiters sing and have a horse race, and put hats on people etc. I would recommend giving it a try!

We had lunch there during one of the "down" times since I couldn't stomach the whole pony race, napkins twirlin' thing. The food was very good. There was still some fun but more subdued fun.

We ate there for the first time last November and DH and I had the meatloaf and we really enjoyed it! Fun place...and don't forget to ask for a pepsi and some ketchup! :)

Jill

Oh my, did we have fun here yesterday for lunch! One of the CM's there took to my 10 year old son and I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time! His name was Steve O. He tied my son to a chair and tried to auction off his pin lanyard. My son preceeded to rock his chair onto his back and chased him around the restaurant! One of the other guests got into the fun and held the rope so my son couldn't go anywhere! Steve locked him outside, chased him around the building, my son stole his watch...the fun just kept going and going! It was the highlight of his trip. He even named his new Stitch stuffed animal "Steveo"! When we left one of the other guests said she would never forget that lunch! I don't think I will either! We have eaten there before, but never had that much fun!:hyper:

It is VERY LOUD during peak times. Personally, I did not like it. The food was just OK. The milkshakes were good and come with free refills!!!

The food is okay, but the atmosphere is a hoot. We had so much fun that we went 3 times (we were staying at the Lodge). It was certainly better and more fun than our visit to Ohanas at the Poly.

This place is LOTS of fun, but you are asking about the food, right?

I had the meatloaf, pretty good but mine is better!! MIL had the pork chops, huge portions (3 big chops). They were very good and plenty to share!! DH and DD had the skillet combo meal and love the food. The milkshakes were very good and were free refills.

Although the food was very good, the noise level gave my MIL such a headache she had to leave. You must be in the right frame of mind to enjoy your meal with all the antics going on!!! Go there with a good attitude and you will have a great meal experience!!!

great atmosphere - average food.

My kids tend to be a bit reserved (two girls - dancer and gymnast) and they didn't get too much into the frenzy of activity going on at the restaurant. I had the all you can eat dinner and it had some great things and some only average things. I don't think the girls or my wife particularly cared for their meals too much.

go for the entertainment - that's where the memories will be made. we went more for the food and had an average meal.

We ate at WCC on our honeymoon. It wasn't a planned meal, but since it was raining and we didn't want to go to a park, we had dinner at our resort.
DH and blackened catfish and loved it. I had the veggie pasta and it was very good. The atmosphere was a lot of fun and most of the diners seemed to enjoy themselves.
Even though it wasn't a very romantic location, it was one of the better meals of that trip.

Thanks for all the ideas and comments about the WCC. When my DH looked at the menu there wasn'tmuch that he saw that he thought he would care for. I changed my PS to Yachtsman's Steakhouse. My DH and children are big steak lovers. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter