• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon Cafe

loveourgirls

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time visiting the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Can anyone offer any tips or must do's while we are there?

Thanks!

Dang...we were there a couple nights ago, and I remember people telling me to ask for ketchup, but I completely forgot!

Go hungry! Lots and lots of meat! My favorite were the ribs and pulled pork.

That is a fun place! Ask for ketchup :) My child had to have it....

WL is also a nice resort to walk around and check out. The gift shop is nice. We loved it so much last time we ate there we are staying there in less then 2 weeks!

What happens when you ask for ketchup? I'm beginning to think I made a mistake when I made an ADR here. My family will NOT enjoy the goofyness, although I wouldn't mind. :)

On our last trip we had a blast ( at the kiddos expense) with the ketchup but we were told that they no longer do the 'fork' skit anymore. My group looked like a fool dropping our forks waiting for the big one.

Has anyone had their apple pie recently? I've seen 2 different versions of it and am wondering which it is. Sounds good (sugar cookie crust and crisp/crumble topping..? Yes please!) but so does some other stuff in the world that I haven't been a huge fan of (Le Cellier filet at Food & Wine... so much pepper I started coughing!).

What happens when you ask for ketchup? I'm beginning to think I made a mistake when I made an ADR here. My family will NOT enjoy the goofyness, although I wouldn't mind. :)

If your family does not enjoy goofyness than you have made a mistake. Is this the first hint that this is the style of this restaurant?

There's a very high probability you'll experience some "goofyness." That is part of the "draw" of this restaurant for many people. I think the most important thing is to not go in with any expectations. Not every server does all of the "gags." I've seen people post in the past that they were disappointed they didn't have a "good" server because other tables were getting all of the "fun" and they didn't.

This will be our first time visiting the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Can anyone offer any tips or must do's while we are there?

Thanks!

If you are celebrating anything, make sure to wear your pins, ask for ketchup, get a milkshake, they are free refills, take your camera

If your family does not enjoy "goofyness", you should change your ADR to some place different. My family loves fun places, and we had a great time at lunch this past Wednesday!

Ask for ketchup, ask for a straw, if its a birthday make sure to let them know. It's a lot of fun, great distraction for the kids. Food was pretty good too. Wish I would have had room for a shake they looked really good.

My kids can't wait for the stick pony races around the restaurant and the hokey pokey. Ask for a large drink and let your server know how thirsty you are

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter