• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon Cafe

I probably fall into the same boat as many here. I am done with WC (don't like the menu changes) and don't find it entertaining. I find that I am better off eating at MK and getting more entertainment there and don't have the travel time.

I don't think the breakfast changed much.

Lunch is now a la carte only with no all you can eat "skillet" option.

Dinner has ONLY the "skillet" option which is now called a "platter," and is handled somewhat differently from before (instead of a set menu for the "skillet" you now pick the meats you want on your "platter") but still has a separate children's menu for kids who don't want the platter. I think you can still pay a kids' price for the platter even though that option isn't on the menu.

Yikes! When did they change the menu to JUSt the skillet? We were there last March and we all had such great meals....but no one ordered the skillet. I'm really surprised they did that! We have eaten at WCC lots of times and always had a great meal...sometimes WItH a skillet and most times without! The kids LOVE it and when we went last year with 12 of us (8 adults and 4 kids) everyone had an amazing time! all the adults loved their dinners and the kids had a GREAT time! We had a great time with our waiter too!

I cannot comment on the lunch or dinner but we love the breakfast here. There are just enough antics without it being to over the top.

We absolutely LOVED eating here a couple of years ago and this was going to be a surprise for Hubby's birthday the 1st night we arrive at Disney. Now I'm wondering if I should pick somewhere else :confused3

we have gone to WC every time we go and loved it...BUT..over thanksgiving we went and the food was bad...the atmosphere was great...Food yuck! We have decided to take it off our must do list:(

Well, I'll be the voice of dissent on this one... We ate at WCC last October, after the menu change, and we thought it was awesome. It was a highlight of the trip and one of the first reservations made for our trip last January. When we ate there, again, rave reviews from the family. There are three meals we mentally revisit from our last trip, and that's BOG, TE, and WCC. We thought it was just fabulous. Honestly, I saw no significant change in quality post menu change... Though the jalapeno cheesecake was nasty.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Kansas City style Smoked Pork Ribs with corn by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin, Kansas City style Smoked Pork Ribs, Western-style sausage, Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Herb-crusted Yukon Gold Potatoes by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Kansas City style Smoked Pork Ribs, Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin, Western-style sausage, Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Herb-crusted Yukon Gold Potatoes by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Whispering Canyon Chocolate Cake by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter