Whispering Canyon Cafe

The food was okay, it would be really fun for families with outgoing kids, or people that enjoy the antics of the servers and such. I am more the type that just likes to be left alone, so for me it was a little much, but I was clearly in the minority amongst the crowd.

What does anyone think of Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge?
Thanks!

We have stayed at WL, so have been to WCC a few times. The food is good and hearty, but the atmosphere is quite loud. Younger kids will love it. I think the CM's can get a feel for if you and your family would like to participate in the fun or just sit and watch. My kids were definitely on the shy and quiet side and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. One nice thing we found was that we were able to get in without a ressie, if we were tired and just wanted to stay around "home":rolleyes::goodvibes
You hear lots of different things but we enjoyed it there. Hope you do too!

If you want a quite meal this is not the place for you. Our family make this a must on every trip to WDW. The food is solid bbq and I love the all you can drink milkshakes, but for us it is the atmosphere.

We have a 2 year old and he loves the horse races and playing with the Lincoln Logs while we wait. The staff is a ton of fun and since I am a pretty sarcastic person really get the humor. We are returning in September with my brother-in-law and his family who are first timers and this WCC is our first dinner to kick off the week!

Both times the food was just so-so. The kids enjoyed the antics of the servers and guests. The second time we went, I found the antics a bit over-the-top on the whole, but enjoyed our server.

I wouldn't be anxious to do it again...we're staying at the WL next week (YAY! YAY! YIPPEE!) and don't have plans to eat there.

Tracie

Awful food and awful service (over two hours for two people not acceptable). It has joined Hollywood & Vine as NEVER GOING BACK.

We were there in 2008 with family(...and kids) Food was good and we had fun. We're going back in July with friends(..and no kids) because they have always wanted to try it but wanted to go with other people,so we are going to go again. I probably wouldn't have gone again because there are other places I'd rather be,but...

The food was okay, it would be really fun for families with outgoing kids, or people that enjoy the antics of the servers and such. I am more the type that just likes to be left alone, so for me it was a little much, but I was clearly in the minority amongst the crowd.

When we stayed at WL and ate at Whispering Canyon, DH felt as you , the food was ok but he could have done without the noise etc, WL is his favorite resort but the restaurants leave a little to be desired LOL

We went last year when we stayed at WL and liked it and we have an ADR there this year since we're staying at WL again! :woohoo:

The food was fine, the service was fine, but if we weren't staying at WL, we probably wouldn't be going back to WCC again this year.

If you're not staying at WL or it is a pain to get there, I would just skip it if I were you. IMHO, there are lots of great restaurants at WDW but WCC is one that is just not worth traveling too far out of your way to get to!

It's my husband's favorite restaurant. He begged me to go back this year. Kids enjoyed it, too. Great service and good food.

In 2008 we loved it. Fabulous and fun server and it was fun watching all the antics being pulled at the other tables.

2009 hated it. Food was still very good, but the service was awful. No antics, seemingly from any server, but our waiter was terrible. No drink refills, wouldn't clear plates to make room for new plates, would walk right past our table. The manager actually came over to ask how our server was working out, so he got an ear full, but even then the manager didn't offer to get us drinks (we were a party of 6 and everyone's glasses were dry for the entire meal.)

As others have said, it is an extremely loud restaurant and both times the wait was very long, even with ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter