• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon Cafe

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!

So I've never been to WDW and I'm considering some places to eat that might be fun for my crew - ds8, dd's 7 and 13 months.

Can anyone help me out with the atmosphere and the raves (or not so raves) about this place? Is this on the dining plan? And if so, is it only 1 TS credit?

Oh, and one more thing, is it just as fun at lunch as it is at dinner? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

We love Whispering Canyon -- is just pure childlike fun! This is one those places where adults have to check their ages at the door and just let loose. We don't use the dining, so cannot help you there. Breakfast and dinner are the best -- lunch food is just as good but it is quiet so the atmosphere just isn't there. We have eaten there when checking in, but we wouldn't make a point of going to lunch.

My family and I were there on May 13 and we found it alot of fun. We were on the basic dining plan and it indeed is 1 credit only. Our waitress was very funny throwing napkins and straws at us and than yelling out for a ketchup call when my 12 yr old son asked. We actually received 27 bottles of ketchup and soon after had to return them to another table when the call came.:lmao:The skillet was huge and included all sorts of meat etc. It was very good and very filling. You will not leave hungry at all. Just remember that this place is fun and lively and not a quiet sit down meal and you should enjoy it alot.:banana:

On the dining plan- yes. 1 table service credit per person, of course.

I have not yet tried this, but this year we are staying at WL and are going to give it a try. I've heard wonderful things about how fun it is from this board, so we're giving it a go this year. We're a bunch of big kids (and DD4 is the little kid), so it should work out perfectly!

We love Whispering Canyon -- is just pure childlike fun! This is one those places where adults have to check their ages at the door and just let loose. We don't use the dining, so cannot help you there. Breakfast and dinner are the best -- lunch food is just as good but it is quiet so the atmosphere just isn't there. We have eaten there when checking in, but we wouldn't make a point of going to lunch.

:thumbsup2

Completely agree. We love all the antics that go on and our DDs love doing the pony races. I too agree that it is a lot more exciting at breakfast and dinner, lunch is very good but it tends to be a little quieter than the others.

I am also considering WCC. I love fun places to eat. I just wanted to add (if you haven't thought about it) is Sci-Fi. Your kids would love it and have a ball there. Our DD was 14 monhs the first time she went. It's been a must since then.

I am also considering WCC. I love fun places to eat. I just wanted to add (if you haven't thought about it) is Sci-Fi. Your kids would love it and have a ball there. Our DD was 14 monhs the first time she went. It's been a must since then.

We did not care for the food at all (we had the skillet). It was just DH and I. We didn't personally care one way or other if the "antics" happened at our table, but the nigth we were there, NOTHING was going on with any of the tables except for a "few tossing of straws". No "ketchup," no "pony rides", no "fork", etc. I'm told it depends on your server. Well, that night they must have had all the servers who don't get into the antics. And, like I said, we didn't care for the food and we won't be going back. But that is just our opinioin. We truly believe if it is something that interests you that you should try it for yourself...you might like it. Like resorts, rides, etc., everyone has their own tastes, preferences, expectations, etc.

We ate lunch there and our food was very good. None of us had the skillet, if that makes a difference. There were some antics but it wasn't like I've read about. Probably would be more fun for dinner, though. Make sure you are seated in the main room to experience all the hijinks.

Hi Everyone!

So I've never been to WDW and I'm considering some places to eat that might be fun for my crew - ds8, dd's 7 and 13 months.

Can anyone help me out with the atmosphere and the raves (or not so raves) about this place? Is this on the dining plan? And if so, is it only 1 TS credit?
You also might want to read the thread "Restaurants to avoid". There are a lot of good comments concerning Disney restaurants. Basically you are at Disney for the fun and atmosphere not the food. There are some exceptions though. Good luck and enjoy. By the way, i would also recommend the WCC.

We have eaten there a few times...lotsa fun...so-so food.
I would say that since you like fun meals ,I would definitely give it a try.

It was my DS and DH's favorite restaurant! It's on our "must go" list for next time! :goodvibes

I agree 100%! It's one of my favorite restaurants on Property.

Love the atmosphere, love the breakfast, love the BBQ for dinner. Dinner is almost the Hoopie Doo Review with different entertainment.

I've never been there for lunch, but have been in the looby and it does look more subdued becuase of a lighter crowd.

I would suggest a 8:00 am to 9:00 am breakfast or a dinner after 6:00 pm.

Enjoy!!

We love WCC. The antics were pretty tame when we went but that was ok. Hopefully next time there will be more as I am willing to 'egg' them on. We really loved the skillet and there was something for everyone. I think the best part is, after a long day at AK, our kids werein 3 different moods...the good, the bad and the UGLY (as in my DS then 4who had a complete melddown at dinner). No one even batted and eye at the different, albiet embarrassing, behaviors displayed at our table.

DH and I had lunch at the WCC on our 40th wedding anniversary back in 07. The cafe was hopping that day. They did the fork, the big drinks, the straw tossing, pony riding and all. One poor lady was talking on her cell phone and the waiter went around the room shooshing everyone telling them to be quiet because she is on the phone. Another waiter sat down with a family that was waiting for 2 more people and yelled at the late guests to hurry that he didn’t have all day as they walked across the lobby. They also brought us champagne in mason jars and had us dance while the whole place sang "Going to the Chapel".
We had a great time! I don’t remember what we ate!

Hi there :) We ate there as it was the provided lunch during the Backstage Magic Tour. We had three tables of people and ate the skillet. We all very much enjoyed our food. I was expecting tons of antics, and I saw none with the exception of the children riding the horses. The no antics was fine with me, though, as I am just interested in good food!

Hello...we ate there last year for the first time and loved it.....will be going again in a few weeks!

Always wanted to eat here. Finally Oct 08 my friend and I did. We had meal vouchers (I think. Not DDP or FD.) We each had the wings then the skillet and dessert. So much food. Highly recommend the wings though. Meal was overall delcious. Looking forward to going back this July.

DH and I had lunch at the WCC on our 40th wedding anniversary back in 07. The cafe was hopping that day. They did the fork, the big drinks, the straw tossing, pony riding and all. One poor lady was talking on her cell phone and the waiter went around the room shooshing everyone telling them to be quiet because she is on the phone. Another waiter sat down with a family that was waiting for 2 more people and yelled at the late guests to hurry that he didn’t have all day as they walked across the lobby. They also brought us champagne in mason jars and had us dance while the whole place sang "Going to the Chapel".
We had a great time! I don’t remember what we ate!

Classic!! I am soooo glad this was such a great night for you. Congrats on your many years of marriage.:love::lovestruc:lovestruc:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter