Whispering Canyon Cafe

fightinillini229

Horizons 1 is now departing...
Anyone ever eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe??? I saw some pictures of the all you can eat skillet, and it looked DELICIOUS, and by Disney standards, not too bad for all you can eat!!

If you do a search, you will find a lot of info/reviews about it. We will be trying it in about 13 days!

Your right, sorry, im kinda new to the board.
You must PM me or post a review when you get back!! Im dying to know youe opinion!

We've only eaten breakfast there, it was great, we do have ADR's for 2/6 for Dinner. Can't wait. The kids will love it.

It was a fun place-a bit loud, but thats part of the fun. The food was pretty good, but not comparable to some of the other Disney eateries. Service was very good. Glad we tried it, but won't hurry back.

We went to WCC on our last vacation and LOVED the skillet. I'm a big fan of BBQ foods and cornbread, so it was right up my alley. We've included it as a "must do" on our next vacation. I'm really looking forward to that pulled pork.. mmmm.

We enjoyed WCC very much. It is very loud and the wait staff are a lot of fun. If you go the Deb's site at http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_wc.htm you can see the menu and get an idea of some of the things that go on there. Be sure the ask for several refills on you drink and ask for ketchup.

LodgeWCCKetchupRobinedit.jpg

DS 6 after asking for ketchup.

LodgeWCCKetchupthief2edit.jpg

Man at a table near us when he tried to take one of the MANY bottles of ketchup from a neighboring table.

LodgeWCCKetchupthief4edit.jpg

Same man in the WCC jail after the ketchup theft.

There are many fun antics that occur at WCC and the child in everyone seems to come out there. Hope you go and have a great time.

We ate at the WCC and had the skillet. It was soooo good. We enjoyed everything it came with. I loved the ribs! Sausage was good, so was the pulled pork. The sides were yummy too. I would definately get the skillet the next time we go back.

We ate there this past Sept and really enjoyed it. The skillet was great, my DH and DS are big BBQ fans. We thought it was a great place. We took the boat from MK to it and it was so nice. :flower:

Thank you all for your replies!!! The rare reviews have made me put it onto my must eat at resturant list for my trip!! One more question, should I make AD reservations for Canyon?? IS it popular or a hidden jem?

I would make an ADR, it fills up fast. We had a fun time, it is great for the kids! Have fun :)

A few words of caution about WCC. Overall, I think most have a good experience, but as with any restaurant, it has detractors. . .and for good reason. The food isn't bad, but I just can't agree with those who find the BBQ great--it's decent, but in a cafeteria-style way. That's not necessarily bad, but as far as superior BBQ goes, it's a far cry from it.

Further, both times we've gone--nine months apart--our servers have been terribly slow and only moderately friendly despite our best attempts to "join" in the frivolity. There has been a lot of discussion on these boards whether one should always expect your server to be "on," but that's really not the point. The point is you may wind up getting one of these servers who aren't truly into the games and shenanigans for which WCC is known.

So, though WCC is a must-visit for some, to others it's less than the sum of its parts. Go and expect to have fun and decent food, but don't place tremendously high expectations on WCC, either. :paw:

We ate there last Thursday and really enjoyed it. I had the skillet, our boys had cheeseburgers and grilled cheese and my dh had the steak. I enjoyed the shredded pork, ribs and cornbread the most, though I liked it all.
The only thing I would do differently is make a slightly later ADR. We had a 5:05 ADR and were seated straight away. The dining room was not even half full for most of our meal. When we were finishing up about an hour after we got there (our service was great) it was full and the staff seemed to be much more into their antics. I would definitely go there again. Our boys really loved the pony "race" and the ketchup call. We took the boat from the MK to the Wildnerness Lodge and thought it was rather quick and easy... only took us maybe 15 minutes. We loved the Wilderness Lodge and marked it as a must stay at resort in the future.

I made my ADR for WCC yesterday for lunch on May 21st :earsgirl: and some times were already taken up!

Our boys had milkshakes (and then got refills of soda) on the dining plan. We could have too, but thought we'd try the boys and get soda ourselves to save a little more room for the food.

I really liked WCC. But, then again, I love EVERYTHING about WL. It is a lot of fun and is great entertainment. I remember sitting in the lobby to read and watching the antics in the WCC. Ahhhh...the memories!

We ate there last week and it was a fun place to eat with DESCENT food. Three in our party had the skillet while the fourth had the meatloaf. Our review of the skillet was that the corn bread and the ribs wore good but everything else we grated as fair.

I hold WCC in high regard. It is a wonderful restaurant with great food. The atmosphere is great. I love the skillet. The BBQ and cornbread are both really good. My husband and mother both had the New York Strip and thought it was good. Definately make ressies and I would reccommend making them after 6:30 p.m. so you can experience it at full speed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter