whiskey in room?

We sailed prior to the new "rules", and we were not able to buy whiskey on board and consume it. They sold it, but held it til the last day (duty free style). I am hoping they have changed that policy, but I doubt it.

Duty free will not be able to be consumed in room. I'm not sure if they let you buy a whole bottle form the bar but that would be a pretty penny.

It would be worth the cost to keep hubby happy lol

If he is a big Whiskey drinker you should see if they are offering the Whiskey tasting on your cruise! It is only a small fee more (ours was like 15 but that was mixed drinks not whiskey) and you get to taste several different pours.

If he is a big Whiskey drinker you should see if they are offering the Whiskey tasting on your cruise! It is only a small fee more (ours was like 15 but that was mixed drinks not whiskey) and you get to taste several different pours.

I did this a few years ago. We received decent pours of an Irish, blended Scotch, single malt Scotch, Canadian, and a bourbon. Afterward our CM gave us a pour of whichever one we enjoyed best. For me none of the tastings were anything new but it was still fun and I'm thinking of doing another one on our next cruise.

Another time I saw someone buy a bottle of single malt at about 3 times what I'd pay locally. I used to bring a small bottle on board with me to enjoy in the evenings on our veranda before dinner but guess I'll have to get my fix at the bar now.

I wonder if you can buy a bottle at one of the bars.
I would imagine not. Disney sells single pours at the bars (understanding you can get a bottle of wine at dinner). So the question is how much can a single guest purchase without another guest present. If I remember at WDW it is 2 drinks per ID.

I think you can buy a bottle at the first port of call (Nassau?) and bring it back on the ship.

I think you can buy a bottle at the first port of call (Nassau?) and bring it back on the ship.

And they will hold it for you and give it back to you when you leave the ship unless you are successful in sneaking it on.

Has anyone bought a bottle of whiskey/hard liquor at the bar? I will budget for it if I can. I'm more of a follow the rules type. Not judging, just would rather have peace of mind than the thrill of getting away with it.

I would imagine not. Disney sells single pours at the bars (understanding you can get a bottle of wine at dinner). So the question is how much can a single guest purchase without another guest present. If I remember at WDW it is 2 drinks per ID.

On the ship they do not limit guest purchase. I have bought a round of shots for 6 total people and they didn't bat an eye. And another time, my friend came back with 3 drinks in hand.

On the ship they do not limit guest purchase.

Well that would certainly go against the reasons they are giving for the new policies! I believe one email (or in-person conversation?) mentioned the number of calls to Guest Services from children about how their parents are passed out in their cabin due to alcohol being one of the reasons for the new policies....

Well that would certainly go against the reasons they are giving for the new policies! I believe one email (or in-person conversation?) mentioned the number of calls to Guest Services from children about how their parents are passed out in their cabin due to alcohol being one of the reasons for the new policies....

Never heard that reason. I did hear some people claim it was due to kids getting into their parents alcohol but I wouldn't believe that either.

Never heard that reason. I did hear some people claim it was due to kids getting into their parents alcohol but I wouldn't believe that either.

Given that you can still bring on wine and beer, I doubt that is the reason for the new policy, nor is it because they are afraid that someone will get drunk. I suspect it has more to do with people bringing hard liquor on board, mixing it and taking it out into the public areas and not buying DCL's drinks. People have been doing that with wine and beer too, but I would imagine that the margin on mixed drinks is a lot higher than wine or beer. If people keep flouting the rules with wine by taking a glass into dinner and trying to find ways to get around the corkage fee, I expect the policy to change again to be more restrictive.

Given that you can still bring on wine and beer, I doubt that is the reason for the new policy, nor is it because they are afraid that someone will get drunk. I suspect it has more to do with people bringing hard liquor on board, mixing it and taking it out into the public areas and not buying DCL's drinks. People have been doing that with wine and beer too, but I would imagine that the margin on mixed drinks is a lot higher than wine or beer. If people keep flouting the rules with wine by taking a glass into dinner and trying to find ways to get around the corkage fee, I expect the policy to change again to be more restrictive.

Whether it's the *actual* reason or not (and I say not), it was the very reason given in writing and on the phone to DISboard members. They posted their emails and shared their phone call conversations over on the thread about the alcohol policy change. So even though it just can't logically BE the reason (it really has to be money), it's the reason some CMs were giving.

Whether it's the *actual* reason or not (and I say not), it was the very reason given in writing and on the phone to DISboard members. They posted their emails and shared their phone call conversations over on the thread about the alcohol policy change. So even though it just can't logically BE the reason (it really has to be money), it's the reason some CMs were giving.

Yep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter