Whirlwind Father-Son Trip

trennr

"Nater" DISDad #104
As origianlly posted on...
http://boards.disdads.com/showthread.php?74-Whirlwind-Father-Son-Trip

DS17 and I had a great (yet tiring) time. Here is an abridged edition.

Day1
Left Early on Friday morning 4AM. Met Fed at the FL welcome center. Went to the Disney Character Premiere outlet in St Augustine (WDW owned and operated). Got stuck in crappy traffic from Lake Mary exit to Universal on I-4...checked into the Pop about 4:30pm. Went to DTD...being a Friday night, it was a little crazy.

Day 2
Woke-up early...drove to Coranado Springs to try out the Breakfast Buffet. This change to a buffet was a good Idea! Drove to the MK. Today we had the Keys to the Kingdom Tour...Our guide's name was Matt. It was very interesting...Be careful where you step in Liberty Square. :lol: We spent the rest of the day in the MK. Touring plans said the crowd was projected to be a 9.something...felt more like a 5-6. Longest wait DS and I had was about 40 minutes for our first ride on Space Mountain. We skipped the parade...watched the MM&Y show and Wishes. Park closed at 1AM (non-EMH)...we were there.

Day 3
We sleep until 9AM. Skip Breakfast...drive to Epcot. We see the remains of the Princess Half marathon in the far parking lot to the east...we grab Soarin FP's and get in the queue...only a 30 minutue wait. Through out the day we experience Soarin 3 times and Test track 4 Times...last ride was in the new blue "Chevy" car. we also rode Spacship Earth once...and did a walk thru of WS...taking in the American Adventure...Maelstrom...and the Grande Festa Tour...by 7:30 we had had our fill of Epcot...and on day one we had done just about everything at the MK multiple times...so DS say...how much does it cost to add the Hopper option. (Now your thinking son!!!) We make a trip to guest services...and Upgrade!!! AK is closed...HS and MK are both open to about 10:30 pm...we opt for more MK time. We close out the park again.

Day 4...
We now have Park hopper ability...so we tackle HS first...TSM has only a 40 Minute wait...when we get to the cabin and pick up our glasses...the cast memeber in charge of getting FP ticket sends us up the FP side...we skip about 100 people...SWEET!! so our 40 minute wait turns into about 20-25. From there we check out the One Man's Dream exibit. Then we go check out Star Tours...the ride is much improved...however our 2 scenes were Kashyyyk and Naboo...yawn...DS17 is not into thrill rides...other than Space Mountain and Big Thunder...he does not like roller coasters...so we are done with HS...we head back to Coranado to check out the Lunch Buffet....again...great idea for this QS resturant. Then we head to AK...Kilaminjaro was a walk-on...Dinosaur was a 10 minute wait...but we went straight to the breifing room....we are now done with AK...on the walk back from the tram to our van we find an employee ID badge...we look for a security vehicle...but nothing...so we take it with us to the MK and turn it in at guest relations there. DS wanted to see the CADCT parade...so we watch that....then we go back out and take a boat to the Wilderness lodge. DS wanted to see the Carowood Pacific Room at the Villas and see the cars from Walt's train. From there we take another boat which make the circuit from thw WL to FW to the Contemporary. We get off at the Contempo...and check out that resort...then Monorail hop over to the Poly....back to the MK where we finish the day from the Flag retrieval ceremony to 1AM (EMH night). This was a low crowd day...so we get allot done...We stay until the goodnight kiss...oh yeah...I also have a new favorite way to enjoy a Dole whip...Dole Whip Nate Style. yummy!!!

Day 5...
Wel technically day 4 didn't end until we hit the bed at around 2:30 AM...we sleep in until 9AM again. We eat breakfast with a combo of 1 QSDP meal credit and 2 Snack Credits. one last trip thru a gift shop and we are on the road home by 10:30 AM. we pull into our driveway around 9:30pm.

So...here are a few Pictures from my trip...

Nate...Fed...Fed...Nate
IMG_0094.jpg

Hidden Mickeys in my Room...
IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg

Pix of the Art of Animation across the way...as seen from outside my room at the Pop... I was in the 80's section...room 7420.
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg

Pics from around the Pop...
IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the Everything Pop...
IMG_0118.jpg

Nice Shot of the Castle...
IMG_0106.jpg

New Castles...
Little Mermaid...
IMG_0103.jpg

Beauty and the Beast...
IMG_0104.jpg

Security Camera... Bonus points if you can find the camera...and a Hidden Mickey.
IMG_0111.jpg

Walt's Window...
IMG_0107.jpg

A begrudging shot of my son and the Partener's Statue...
IMG_0167.jpg

Not the best shot...but Dole Whip...Nate Style...that is Orange and Pineapple Dole Whip Swirled into a Pineapple Float...Patent Pending.
IMG_0166.jpg

More Random Photos...

First time I've ever seen this...the Electric Water Parade...
2012_DadSonDisTrip

The Grand from our Boat Ride to the Wilderness Lodge...
IMG_0171.jpg

Hidden Mickey in Dinoland USA...
IMG_0164.jpg

Hidden Mickey on the Tree of Life... Fuzzy patch beside the Buffalo...
IMG_0165.jpg

DS beats me at TSM...
IMG_0131.jpg

Walt's School Desk...
IMG_0132.jpg

Wait Time at the Haunted Mansion during Extra Magic Hours... :lol:
IMG_0176.jpg

Nice report Nate! Looks like it was a blast of a weekend. Hope you guys enjoyed your time together.

Looks like a great trip Nate. It seems like you guys got to do a ton of stuff particularly for it being Princess weekend. How'd you like the new car on test track?

Good stuff, Nate. I look forward to taking trips there with just one of my kids at a time.

Nice Shot of the Castle...
IMG_0106.jpg

New Castles...
Little Mermaid...
IMG_0103.jpg

Beauty and the Beast...
IMG_0104.jpg

Security Camera... Bonus points if you can find the camera...and a Hidden Mickey.
IMG_0111.jpg

Walt's Window...
IMG_0107.jpg

great trip report nate!! glad you guys had a great time.:thumbsup2 that camera, sits just left of the window that the light is on. (dome cover over it)

great pic of walts window. im sure you know why that window is in the location it is in and why it faces the direction it faces. :thumbsup2

So...here are a few Pictures from my trip...

Nate...Fed...Fed...Nate
IMG_0094.jpg

Great pic Nate!!! Who is that armed federal agent standing next to you?? :thumbsup2
Glad you guy got to meet up. Im hoping to meet up with fed again in may or in september.
Fed, they should have a sign at the florida welcomeing center. FLORIDA AND THE FED WELCOMES YOU! :rotfl2:

Great shots Nate. Especially all the hidden Mickeys. Sounds like the boys weekend was a success.

Great pic Nate!!! Who is that armed federal agent standing next to you?? :thumbsup2
Glad you guy got to meet up. Im hoping to meet up with fed again in may or in september.
Fed, they should have a sign at the florida welcomeing center. FLORIDA AND THE FED WELCOMES YOU! :rotfl2:

Hi Dave! Are you back? By the way I'm going to WDW in Sept, we will overlap in our trip. Meet up?

StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

Waldorf: That was the trip report?
Statler : It was botchey!
Waldorf: It was boring!
Statler : It was pointless!
Waldorf: It was... short!
Statler and Waldorf: I loved it!

Seriously, Nice Job! :thumbsup2

StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

Waldorf: That was the trip report?
Statler : It was botchey!
Waldorf: It was boring!
Statler : It was pointless!
Waldorf: It was... short!
Statler and Waldorf: I loved it!

Seriously, Nice Job! :thumbsup2

:lmao::lmao::lmao::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter