Whirlpool refrigerator - satina or silver finish?

brendat22

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Whirlpools "silver" finish and "satina stainless look"? We want the stainless steel look with out the finger prints that you get on Stainless Steel. Plus stainless steel is not magnetic. Has anyone researched this - I am unable to find anything online that explains the difference.

Thank you!

I don't know the "silver" finish is but we got a Whirpool fridge a few years ago and it was the "satina stainless look". That finish is definitely the one that doesn't show fingerprints as much and it works with magnets.

I second the "satina" type finish. I have a Frigidaire "satina" type finish refrigerator and I love it! It's not stainless steel, but has the look of one. I hate fingerprints but love the look of stainless steel. My dishwasher, microwave and stove (w/black top) are stainless steel and it looks just fine next to all of those. You can check out the difference at probably any appliance store, but I bought mine at Best Buy.

I second both responses. We have a stainless steel stove, microwave, and dishwasher. We decided to go with the satina fridge. Thank God we did because the fingerprints on the other appliances drive me crazy:scared1: . You have to use stainless steel cleaner with those. With the satina, all you need is soap and water on a paper towel and it looks new all the time!!! I've never tried magnets on our fridge (I told the kids it's not magnetic!):rotfl: It looks just fine next to the stainless appliances. To think about how much time I spent worrying about it makes me laugh now!!!:laughing:

Yes, it's satina!

The only drawback -- my daughter was playing with magnets and made a HUGE scratch -- and with satina there's nothing you can do about scratches :(

I know this wasn't your question but I would warn against Whirlpool fridge in general, they already had to replace one for me under the 5 years sealed system warranty (it was two years old) and just last week the brand new one (1 1/2 yrs old) died and they completely tore it down and rebuilt. I would like to say they did all this willingly and without fight but they didn't. Sorry to those who like their Whirlpool but I just can't believe all the lemons end up in my kitchen, it has to be the way they are made.

Sure my stainless steel kept looking pretty, even when it was 93 degrees inside the fridge :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter