Which would you stay at if money werent an issue?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
Boardwalk or yacht Club (standard room only, 5 day base ticket)....

thoughts? and why would you choose the one you chose?

boardwalks' main pool is down, beach club has a nicer one anyway. short walk to epcot, walking to dhs is doable but closer to a half hours.

boardwalk is friendlier imo, worked at both hotels and preffered being at boardwalk or in sandcastle club at beach. boardwalk as a community hall you can utilize although not dvc! the staff there are great, i would know :rolleyes1

OOPS! I just noticed my DOUBLE POST :surfweb: Sorry for that guys...

On a side note I forgot to mention that what I REALLY wanted to stay at was the Beach CLUB for the entire week. But it's completely booked SOooooo the only other alternative I thought of was Boardwalk Inn or Yacht Club.

Then I began thinking of a possible split stay between POP and Beach Club?

Thoughts on that? Would I REALLY like BI or YC better than Beach Club and POP????

*thinking*

Need advice....

OOPS! I just noticed my DOUBLE POST :surfweb: Sorry for that guys...

On a side note I forgot to mention that what I REALLY wanted to stay at was the Beach CLUB for the entire week. But it's completely booked SOooooo the only other alternative I thought of was Boardwalk Inn or Yacht Club.

Then I began thinking of a possible split stay between POP and Beach Club?

Thoughts on that? Would I REALLY like BI or YC better than Beach Club and POP????

*thinking*

Need advice....

on my last trip while i was on my college program my brother and i split an adult trip between contemporary on concierge level for 4 nights with a 6 night stay at caribbean in a preffered room. went smoothly! they moved luggage, food and everything for us no problem. it was worth it to us, but it depends on how many nights you're staying. and i would stay at pop first as going from contemporary to a moderate was a little.... you know :rolleyes1

LOL...

Spring Break... I know there's going to be LOTS of kids there. Not that I'm against kids (I Have 2 of my own... just they dont want to go with me this trip -- grandparents have something special planned for them! Can you imagine?!?!)
I half expect the different between a value and deluxe to be BIG esp on the kid side of things.... ??

I did think it might be odd to go from a deluxe to a value rather than the alternative. The only reason I said deluxe first is because I think my first two days were in EP and HS.... seemed to work out best for me based on my reservations and times of park openings etc.

Usually my trip starts to wind down by the 4th day... and on the 7th day I'll be flying home at 8:30 am so why pay big bucks for the 6th night??? thoughts on that??

:scratchin

If money were not an option I would stay at Contemporary or Boardwalk. I would suggest AKL but it's so far away from everything. If you want to be around Crescent Lake then I think Boardwalk is best. Contemporary is beautiful and I think luxurious plus it's on the monorail system. Good luck!

LOL...

Spring Break... I know there's going to be LOTS of kids there. Not that I'm against kids (I Have 2 of my own... just they dont want to go with me this trip -- grandparents have something special planned for them! Can you imagine?!?!)
I half expect the different between a value and deluxe to be BIG esp on the kid side of things.... ??

I did think it might be odd to go from a deluxe to a value rather than the alternative. The only reason I said deluxe first is because I think my first two days were in EP and HS.... seemed to work out best for me based on my reservations and times of park openings etc.

Usually my trip starts to wind down by the 4th day... and on the 7th day I'll be flying home at 8:30 am so why pay big bucks for the 6th night??? thoughts on that??

:scratchin

so many things to consider! spring break, pop is going to be a MOB SCENE. do you think you could swing maybe a deluxe to a moderate? i would recommend that maybe staying at POFQ? nicest of the moderates in my opinion, small and quaint. i mean, you'd be saving some money since you were gonna spring for a deluxe for five days! might be less craziness too, since smaller and such

so many things to consider! spring break, pop is going to be a MOB SCENE. do you think you could swing maybe a deluxe to a moderate? i would recommend that maybe staying at POFQ? nicest of the moderates in my opinion, small and quaint. i mean, you'd be saving some money since you were gonna spring for a deluxe for five days! might be less craziness too, since smaller and such
Unfortunately, I think the cheaper you go, the more spring breakers you're going to encounter whether it's young kids or college-aged kids.

REALISTICALLY though.... even if money isnt really an issue on this trip the idea of paying for a deluxe on the last night DOES bother me. I can't see doing it.

The first day is one thing because Im arriving at 12:45 but my last day there, I'm leaving to catch the ME by 5am! My plane is at 8:30am....

hopefully I can catch the ME that early!!! :scared1:

I usually stay at BW, since it is my home resort. But YC does have the nicer pool. Everything else is about equal, as far as walking to MGM or Epcot. BLT is nice also.

Unfortunately, I think the cheaper you go, the more spring breakers you're going to encounter whether it's young kids or college-aged kids.

as a college-aged kid, i have to say we're definitely prone to staying at pop. as a college-aged kid with good discounts and money, it's a lot of AoA and caribbean beach...

i don't know, it's disney world and i wouldn't let kids bother me but again, that's just me. if you can't justify that deluxe on the last day, do it the other way! you work hard year round, stay at that nice hotel and finish off with something that'll save you some $$$

Neither. My dream WDW vacation is a Contemporary/Beach Club/ AKL split stay. :)

If you were splitting between a value and a deluxe, I would definitely do the first part at value. You said your trip starts to slow down towards the end, it would be nice to have a bigger room, a balcony, and more resort amenities for that relaxed part of the trip. If you are going to be in the parks alot during the first part of your trip, it doesn't really much where you stay. You'll be so exhausted from the fun at the parks that you won't notice all those noisy brats at POP, lol.

as a college-aged kid, i have to say we're definitely prone to staying at pop. as a college-aged kid with good discounts and money, it's a lot of AoA and caribbean beach...

i don't know, it's disney world and i wouldn't let kids bother me but again, that's just me. if you can't justify that deluxe on the last day, do it the other way! you work hard year round, stay at that nice hotel and finish off with something that'll save you some $$$
I agree.

Yacht Club. The walk to DHS only takes DH and I 15 mins. 20 if we are movingl slowly.

I haven't looked at many of the resorts, but if Money wasn't an issue, I'd definitely stay at the Grand Floridian.

As it is though, I'm going to be staying offsite for my first solo trip this May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter