Which would you pay OOP?

WantToGoNow

DIS Veteran
We have one more TS than we have credits for. We really don't want to cancel one but can't really decide which we should pay for. Here's what we're planning (we are a group of 6 -- 4 adults, a 5 y/o and a 2 y/o).

'Ohana (dinner)
Sci Fi Dine In (dinner)
LeCellier (dinner)
Coral Reef (dinner)
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

I think the best to pay OOP would be one of the buffet breakfasts but possibly Sci Fi could be cheaper if we didn't order appetizers/desserts for everyone. What do you think?

We are in the exact same boat you are in. We have one two many ADRs. I am either considering paying OP for our Play N Dine character breakfast (I think it is 18.99) or was considering paying OP for Sci-Fi b/c it seems like it might be one of our cheapest TS meals if we just got an entree and a drink. The other couple we are traveling with says that they are going to use their TS credits as we eat and pay out of pocket for the last meal (in case they can't make a meal. Urrrr. Can't make a meal. I want to eat at all the ADRs we have.) Anyways, I don't want to do that b/c our last meal is at Coral Reef and I know it will be expensive.

Sorry I rambled. I am leaning towards paying for the character breakfast though.

Pay for your last character breakfast - it's a two sided bonus - 1. it will be your least expensive and 2. if for some reason you are unable to make one of your first ADR's (hey you never know!) you could turn around and use the credits instead of either scrambling for another meal or losing them.

Why not split it up? Pay for 2 adult meals, and use the plan for 2 at 2 different restaurants. Then, you can share the appetizers and desserts at each place.

I would look at the menu at the Sci Fi and see how much you would really order. I know we don't usually order apps. and desert, and found last year that we couldn't eat both no matter how hungry we were. I'm guessing you would probably spend more than a breakfast buffet, but you never know!

Pick the two best choices, probably Sci-Fi or one of the buffets then plan to pay OOP for the second one. You really don't want end up skipping a TS meal and having an extra credit.

We have to pay for op too and we are going to sci fi so we are chosing sci fi to pay oop. Scifi is my vote.

We're in the same situation. I had originally planned to pay OOP for one of our character breakfasts. (By the way, the Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine is more expensive. I think it's $22.99 for adults. We're doing this one too) Anyway, I decided to pay OOP for our lunch at Sci-Fi. I've read that the appies and desserts aren't great. And with it being lunch, I thought we could use our snack credits if we get hungry in the afternoon. So, my vote is for Sci-Fi.

DS (adult on DDP) and I both love nachos, so for our visit to WCC we're hoping to order them as our entree. That way the four of us will only use 2 TS credits. If it works, great. If not, we'll just pay OOP for them and still only use the two credits.

We're also interested in the nachos at WCC and will be ordering them maybe along with another appetiser and definitely some dessert!!! This is the only meal we've decided to pay OOP for. :wizard:

We're in the same boat. We have eleven TS (plus 2 dinner shows) booked for an eight night stay. We're paying OOP for both dinner shows, lunch at Sci Fi, and breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and Donald's Breakfastosaurus. We figured Sci Fi and the breakfast buffets will be the cheapest, plus if we were going to miss an ADR it would probably be on a morning we might want to sleep in late. Although like you, we plan on keeping all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter