• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you do?

saraheubanks1

Earning My Ears
I have two ADRS on Fri. June 11th. Le Cellier at 6:15, and Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dining Pkg. at 5:00. Its our last night on the dining plan. Also we are dining with our two sons ages 2 and 5. I'm worried that Fantasmic will be too late or scary for them, but also that Le Cellier will be too formal. It would be our first time at either place. I need to cancel one though.
Thanks!

While I love Fantasmic, the food at Le Cellier is awesome. It depends on what your priority is. I don't find Le Cellier any more formal than Mama Melrose. There have always been kiddos there when we have eaten. With Fantasmic, if you go to a later showing the crowd is usually much lower and easier to get in to. The show can be a bit much for younger, more sensitive children. If your children do not get scared by fire, a dragon, and a bit of the villians they should be fine. I hope this helps some. Unfortunately we have only done the show with adults.

Le Cellier is not formal at all in my opinion.

I do agree that Fantasmic will probably be late for your children considering their ages but only you know how they handle staying up late. Not sure on the scary part -- again you know your children best where that is concerned.

When we went with out 2 oldest and they were 2 and 5 we skipped Fantasmic because it was too loud and scary for them. Then when we went back when my youngest was 4 and she LOVED it. It was her favorite fireworks show, she called it "Mickey fights the bad guys show". You have to consider your kids and what they can handle. As far as "formality" MM and Le Cel are about the same. The food at Le Cel is much better, but we enjoyed our meal at MM, it reminds me of a chain Italian, like Olive Garden.

ONly you know your kids and what upsets them. I have taken my kids from the time they were 9 months old. They usually fall asleep during the show so it doesn't upsset them at all. When my oldest was younger (5) she couldn't wait to get back to see "Magic Mickey" as she called it.
We did the FP at MM for the first time this past trip and LOVED it. It was nice to not have to wait for 1 1/2 hours w/ little ones. We missed our LeCellier ADR so I don't know about that one. If Fantasmic is something you really want ot do then go for it.

We've done fantasmic twice and it's been fine with our lo's.

1st time they were 1 & 5, then 2 & 6 - not been frighted at all :) they've still napped in the day so are ok with 7.30pm - straight to bed after though ;)

Search YouTube for Fantasmic and watch a little bit of it. Maybe that will help you decide what direction to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter