Which would you do?

What would you do?

• Book the Dolphin

• Book a mod and hope a pin code comes out

Results are only viewable after voting.

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
It has been eons since we were at WDW, ok not really just 6 months but I have been mostly off the boards since then and I feel out of the loop.

We have decided to go back for 8 nights in Oct for our annual trek to the F&W but we do not have a PIN so the prices are pretty steep. Which option would you take and why?

Without the pin the mods are costing me around 1800-2200 but the Dolphin/Swan is $1100-1300 depending on the view.

Pros for each:

WDW resort, well there is nothing like it, the themeing, the CS options, charging to our room etc.

Starwood resort, super close to the F&W and HS, close to some amazing restaurants, free internet, heavenly beds, can rack up points.

Cons for each:

WDW resort, can get super loud and crowded, long waits for buses, have to pay for internet

Starwood resort, no Disney themeing, no charging to my room.

Should I hold out hopes that the pin code will show up one day? I would love to stay at the YC but this trip will be a tad bit more costly because I have to pop for new AP's and TIW card so we thought a mod would be a better way to cut costs.

Also, I cannot remember for the life of me, if I stay at the Dolphin can I book my dining ressies 180 days?

I'm confused - The Swan/Dolphin would cost you $1100-$1300 for 8 nights????

If that's the case, seems like a no brainer to me. I understand about not having the Disney atmosphere, but you're right next to Epcot and DHS.

Yes...they are offering stay one night get the second for 1/2 price, minimum 6 night stay

So you can save $1,000, without any pin, by staying at Swan or Dolphin over a moderate?

Yeah - I'd do that. I personally like the Disney Resorts better myself, but it's not as if you're off property.

It has been eons since we were at WDW, ok not really just 6 months but I have been mostly off the boards since then and I feel out of the loop.

We have decided to go back for 8 nights in Oct for our annual trek to the F&W but we do not have a PIN so the prices are pretty steep. Which option would you take and why?

Without the pin the mods are costing me around 1800-2200 but the Dolphin/Swan is $1100-1300 depending on the view.

Pros for each:

WDW resort, well there is nothing like it, the themeing, the CS options, charging to our room etc.

Starwood resort, super close to the F&W and HS, close to some amazing restaurants, free internet, heavenly beds, can rack up points.

Cons for each:

WDW resort, can get super loud and crowded, long waits for buses, have to pay for internet

Starwood resort, no Disney themeing, no charging to my room.

Should I hold out hopes that the pin code will show up one day? I would love to stay at the YC but this trip will be a tad bit more costly because I have to pop for new AP's and TIW card so we thought a mod would be a better way to cut costs.

Also, I cannot remember for the life of me, if I stay at the Dolphin can I book my dining ressies 180 days?

Well, you know what my choice would be. ;)

Keep in mind that free dining is supposed to be offered to the general public on Monday.

So you can save $1,000, without any pin, by staying at Swan or Dolphin over a moderate?

Yeah - I'd do that. I personally like the Disney Resorts better myself, but it's not as if you're off property.

Yeah that is what we were thinking too....we really love staying onsite and this is pretty much onsite just not a WDW resort but the savings is huge and if, BIG IF HERE, we do receive a pin code the price for the mods is the same as the Dolphin.

For that price I think I would have to try the Swan/Dolphin. It seems like the perfect location for F&W. I know I wouldn't hesistate to stay there in the future if I got a great discount like that.

Not sure about the dining ADR's at 180. I know you can make them day by day at 180 days out, but I don't know if you can make all of them.

Book the S/D and if a pin comes out, cancel as long as you are within the refundable guidlines.

Good luck with your decision.

Well, you know what my choice would be. ;)

Keep in mind that free dining is supposed to be offered to the general public on Monday.

So help me out Queen of CSR...if I get free dining I have to pay rack rate on the room and buy tickets? Then I get free food? LOL

So help me out Queen of CSR...if I get free dining I have to pay rack rate on the room and buy tickets? Then I get free food? LOL

Yes; you would have to pay rack rate on the room and buy tickets. We've got our package booked for September with the room, tickets and diningi plan as you know. I am calling Monday IF they announce free dining to see what the difference in cost would be.

I picked book the Dolphin. That way, as another pp said, if a pin comes out you can switch to a mod. However, there is a lot to be said for being within easy walking distance of EPCOT's WS. Especially if you're going there for F&W. :)

Ok so things have changed...that great deal was a pay in full non refundable, no date changing allowed type of reservation and with our lives we cannot commit to that so here is another question...

A new deal at the Dolphin for 9 nights that I can cancel if needed is $1550. Would you book that over a WDW mod resort??

OK ignorant Florida Resident AP Holder with a question:

Have the pin codes you post of been better than an AP rate?

OK ignorant Florida Resident AP Holder with a question:

Have the pin codes you post of been better than an AP rate?

Yes they have been much better for us the last few years, that is why I am hoping for one.

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it!

H'mm maybe I'd better start poking around here.

Have you really not been up to the World since November? I actually came looking for you and a few others Dining Reports. DH has a work conference down in Stuart so we are doing long weekends on either end. We are staying at the CR Tower so it seems a no-brainer to do the Lagoon resorts.

OK, I voted the Dolphin because it was so less expensive, and I thought you could just cancel it if you get a pin code. Now I see you posted that the original Dolphin deal could not be cancelled, and they have a new deal, still less expensive. I'm assuming the $1500 Dolphin deal can be cancelled without penalty? If so, then I'm torn. It is still cheaper than a mod, but only by $300 or so now. I guess it would depend on if $300 was enough of a deal breaker for you and where you "really" want to stay.

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it!

H'mm maybe I'd better start poking around here.

Have you really not been up to the World since November? I actually came looking for you and a few others Dining Reports. DH has a work conference down in Stuart so we are doing long weekends on either end. We are staying at the CR Tower so it seems a no-brainer to do the Lagoon resorts.

I cannot believe that it has been 6 months since we were there but we are both ok with it. I have been working non stop so the time is flying by and my sister had another baby girl just 2 weeks ago so I have been busy with that and I know I will be babysittting all summer....just under 6 more months and I can get back to WDW! So excited!

I hope you have a great time! Long weekends are great!

OK, I voted the Dolphin because it was so less expensive, and I thought you could just cancel it if you get a pin code. Now I see you posted that the original Dolphin deal could not be cancelled, and they have a new deal, still less expensive. I'm assuming the $1500 Dolphin deal can be cancelled without penalty? If so, then I'm torn. It is still cheaper than a mod, but only by $300 or so now. I guess it would depend on if $300 was enough of a deal breaker for you and where you "really" want to stay.

I am totally torn...I have yet to book a single thing and that means I am falling behind on my dining ressies too! I guess it will come down to flipping a coin LOL

Hey, girlie. You can book your adr's without knowing where you are staying. And Mark says we have to go to that place where you guys had dinner last week when I wasn't there when we are in Marco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter