Which would you do during MNSSHP?

mad madam mim78

DIS Veteran
We are going to MK on the 31st for the party. We also want to be there during some of the regular park day. I want to dress up for the party but I hear they won't let adults in wearing costumes before the party. I don't want to leave to get costumed up.

I think my options are to basically have my hair and make up done and either

A: wear my dress and just put a t shirt over it (would they let me?)
Or
B: take my dress in the park with me and change in the restroom.

Anyone had any experience with this? What should I do?

We are going to MK on the 31st for the party. We also want to be there during some of the regular park day. I want to dress up for the party but I hear they won't let adults in wearing costumes before the party. I don't want to leave to get costumed up.

I think my options are to basically have my hair and make up done and either

A: wear my dress and just put a t shirt over it (would they let me?)
Or
B: take my dress in the park with me and change in the restroom.

Anyone had any experience with this? What should I do?

I don't believe this is true. You will likely be allowed to wear your costume before the party--especially on Halloween.

Yeah I'm not sure. I may have misunderstood something.

Lots of posters say you can't, and others say you can. There are at least a couple of posters I completely trust--at least one of which is a CM--who say you can, and can well before 4:00p.

I have dressed up before the party. I think we were there at 4:30 for a 5:30 ADR. It wasn't on Halloween, but I wasn't turned away.

Another time, I dressed up after dinner, using the restroom, but this was because it was so blasted hot, and I didn't know if I wanted to dress up at all!

I wonder if those turned away are wearing over the top, professional type costumes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter