• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you chose?

mouseketeermama

Mouseketeer
My sister in law and I are taking a Girls Only 30th birthday trip in June. We are trying to decide the best place for us to stay. We plan to spend a lot of time lounging and would love to have some nice dining options. My sister in law has stage 4 ovarian cancer and leukemia, and her kidneys are not doing so well. It takes a lot for her to walk, so we would like a resort where she doesn't have to do too much of it. These are our options:

Wilderness Lodge-$252 per night

Yacht Club-$259 per night

Poly-$353 per night

Contemporary-$279 per night

Board Walk-$266 per night

Can you give me your choice and why you would chose it? We were thinking about CL at the Poly, but I haven't seen any discounts available for it yet, so I just don't think it will work. Our husband's are generous, but not that generous. :rotfl:

Any insight is appreciated!

Are you planning to do any parks? If so which ones? I am a big lover of the EPCOT resort area so my first instinct was to say YC or BW. However, one of the big reasons I love it is because I can walk to EPCOT and DHS and because there is so much energy in the Boardwalk area. However if walking is a struggle for your SIL and you are looking for alot of down time then that might not be a good option.

So, I think I would go with Contemporary. I think the walk to the monoral is shorter than the walk to EPCOT from the YC or BW? I also think you can spend more time lounging around there. You can watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade in the evenings and you would have good choices for meals.

Sending prayers and pixiedust:to your SIL for a full and quick recovery.

My sisters and I had one of our very best Girls Only Holiday staying CL at the Wilderness Lodge. It is so peaceful and Beautiful, I highly Recomend it
Be sure to book directly with Disney or use Dreamsunlimited so when those Summer discounts come out, you can Modify your reservation
Sending lots of Pixie Dust to your SIL

i would first suggest renting a scooter (check out the disabilities board). my parents had difficulty walking, and found they loved having the scooters (they hated the idea initially, of course;)).

there are quite a few dining options at the BW, or you could walk/ferry over to the BC/YC, swolphin, or world showcase (or DHS if wanted).

the BWI pool is imho, the most serene and visually appealing pool on property. also there are entertainers, carny games, etc on the BW nightly.

poly would be fabulous for the resort itself, as well as the options, but the $90 price difference could buy dinner nightly (or part of CL at the BW;))

prayers for your SiL, and best wishes for a fabulous time!

My sister in law and I are taking a Girls Only 30th birthday trip in June. We are trying to decide the best place for us to stay. We plan to spend a lot of time lounging and would love to have some nice dining options. My sister in law has stage 4 ovarian cancer and leukemia, and her kidneys are not doing so well. It takes a lot for her to walk, so we would like a resort where she doesn't have to do too much of it. These are our options:

Wilderness Lodge-$252 per night

Yacht Club-$259 per night

Poly-$353 per night

Contemporary-$279 per night

Board Walk-$266 per night

Can you give me your choice and why you would chose it? We were thinking about CL at the Poly, but I haven't seen any discounts available for it yet, so I just don't think it will work. Our husband's are generous, but not that generous. :rotfl:

Any insight is appreciated!

Wilderness Lodge. :goodvibes

It is small so very little walking. Artist Point is there and is a great restaurant.
The WL is so calm, and relaxing, I would think it would be great to just chill. I would also suggest CL there. Top Notch. :thumbsup2

Good luck deciding!

I would choose The Polynesian. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful and not very big either. The grounds are lush with greenery, palm trees and flowers. At night, the tiki torches are lit which just adds to the ambiance. The Great Ceremonial House has plenty to do, a great store called Boutiki, and two wonderful restaurants and a great little bar that looks out on the resort & MK. The volcano pool is really great too. Also, it is really quick and easy to get back to your resort from the MK for a dip in the pool once it gets too hot. You are a quick monorail ride from the GF, Contemporary and MK. Also the TTC is next to the Poly, so a monorail ride to Epcot also. One of our favorite things about The Poly is watching Wishes from the beach. As you can tell, we LOVE the Polynesian. Hope you girls have a great trip.

A monorail resort would most likely be a good choice because transporatation to the MK and EPCOT (through TTC) would be easier. There are also many great places to eat at the MK resorts.

Have a great trip! ;)

CL at the Wilderness Lodge. It is so peaceful and Beautiful, I highly Recomend it

I would choose The Polynesian. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful and not very big either. The grounds are lush with greenery, palm trees and flowers. At night, the tiki torches are lit which just adds to the ambiance. The Great Ceremonial House has plenty to do, a great store called Boutiki, and two wonderful restaurants and a great little bar that looks out on the resort & MK. The volcano pool is really great too. Also, it is really quick and easy to get back to your resort from the MK for a dip in the pool once it gets too hot. You are a quick monorail ride from the GF, Contemporary and MK. Also the TTC is next to the Poly, so a monorail ride to Epcot also. One of our favorite things about The Poly is watching Wishes from the beach. As you can tell, we LOVE the Polynesian. Hope you girls have a great trip.

I agree with both of these. We love both the Poly and WL for different reasons. If WL CL is doable, the lounge would be a great place to relax as the seating is set up around the railing overlooking the lobby, which is very relaxing, IMO. The Poly is also a great resort as the tropical atmosphere is beautiful and there are plenty of places to lounge and relax.

If you are really going to be lounging around the resort, I'd try to stay CL if at all possible (just have to wait and see about those discount promotions...)

If you want to feel in the middle of everything, then I'd pick the Poly -- you can see the castle and the fireworks from the pool and beach area, so you don't have to be in the park to enjoy them. And there is a very relaxing atmosphere there. It is spread out, but you could try for a building close to the lobby. It's also nice because you can take a boat or monorail to the MK and a monorail to Epcot. Lots of good dining choices on the monorail, too.

WL would be nice if you want to get away from it all -- I think it's beautiful and when we visited we found it quite peaceful.

YC is a very nice resort if you like Epcot -- you can walk there or take the boat there and to DHS. Nice dining options, too.

Thank you all for your insight and well wishes! :cutie:
After a ton of back and forth, we decided to go with The Wilderness Lodge. Christina, my sil, has visited the lobby there before and she just fell in love with the atmosphere. I would love to do the upgrade to CL if we can get a good enough discount. Starting to get very excited now!

I think you'll love the WL! Such s beautiful resort. It's nice and on the smaller end so there's not a lot of walking. Artist point is very nice too! Have a wonderful time! I'm excited for you! :cool1:

Thank you all for your insight and well wishes! :cutie:
After a ton of back and forth, we decided to go with The Wilderness Lodge. Christina, my sil, has visited the lobby there before and she just fell in love with the atmosphere. I would love to do the upgrade to CL if we can get a good enough discount. Starting to get very excited now!

We visited and love the lobby there and loved it, too! I think it's a great choice -- close to the MK but it feels more like a retreat -- I hope you can get a great discount and upgrade! :goodvibes

I am going to vote for Contemp or Poly, they both have good transportation system and that should make it easier if one is not feeling well, they can travel back to the resort faster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter