• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you chose-- Donalds or the Playhouse Disney H&V character meal?

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hi-- looking for opinions/advice.... which would chose-- breakfast at Donald's in AK or Breakfast/Lunch at Hollywood and Vine at DS?

thanks!
Jen

P&D @ H&V my kids are 2 and 4 - they are both really into JoJo and Little Einsteins! we have been twice and liked it twice... never did donalds so I can't compare ... pix's in the link below...

Taking my 6yo to H&V character lunch in August here are some reviews and comments that have me excited for this one:

"I'd like to chime in that my DD (3 at that time) loved it. Since you're probably parents to preschoolers, you'll be able to dance the hot dog dance with the kids too! My DD at that time, didn't appreciate princesses or mickey and friends character meals that we went to, but she loved this one. Plus, I thought the food was pretty good, and the chefs even made a butter spaghetti for my particular DS."

From a 2007 Post:
"It was a really nice experience! My kids had so much fun, they begged to go back so we cancelled another character meal and went back a second time.

Food is very typical Disney buffet stuff, not outstanding but not bad. Character interaction was terrific. It was hard to get my boys to sit and eat, they just wanted to dance with the characters and the emcee."

"We loved it! My girls were 5 and just turned 7 for our March 2007 trip and we had lunch at H&V. The character interaction was wonderful. The characters toured the room several times so we got plenty of time with them. There were also cast members who periodically encouraged the kids to get up and dance or parade through the restaurant. The buffet had many tasty items and there was a separate "kids food" section (although my kids at from both sections). I don't recall exactly what I ate but I know I had salmon that was tasty. The dessert selection was awesome! If your kids like Little Einsteins or Jojo, I think they'll enjoy it. My kids liked it better than the Norway Princess breakfast."

Check out these threads:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23538069#post23538069&highlight=Playhouse meal

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24156325#post24156325&highlight=Playhouse meal

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23179280#post23179280&highlight=Playhouse meal

I think it largely depends on your child's age and interest. Personally, Donald's would win hands-down, because my two boys think Donald is hilarious. They're past the Jojo/Little Einstein phase. Three years ago when we went, I would have picked H&V because my youngest DS carried a stuffed Jojo doll with him wherever he went!;)

Good luck deciding!

I would say the food and overall atmosphere is far better at Safari Breakfast. But DD2 loved breakfast at H&V. She got up and danced, they did songs from JoJo's Circus and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But DD is a huge Playhouse Disney fan, so that makes a difference.

We ate at both and if it is based on food - Donald's. We made an ADR at Donald's before the park opened. If it is possible for you to do that I highly recommend it. We got some great pictures with no one around, had a great breakfast and then were first in line at the rides. My kids love Little Einsteins and JoJo so the H&V character meal was a hit as well. Are you doing any other character meals where you will see Donald, Daisy etc?

To be honest.. I am not sure! I think Daisy is only at Donald's. Donald used to be at CM (last trips we have been there) but I am not sure if he is there anymore. We are doing CRT, CM, Askershaus, LTT, CP and either HV OR DB-- ?

Thanks to this website, I found out that the House of Mouse is on Disney Cartoon Channel and my DDs LOVE that show-- lots of Minnie and Daisy!
thanks again- jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter