• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you choose?

Zoo Keeper

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my daughter for her 21st birthday:bday: and I'm looking for some ideas to make her trip more special (she's been there 18 times) We are most likley splitting our stay with the second half probably at The Grand Floridian but I am on the fence picking a resort for the 1st half of our stay. Which would you choose: 1.) A Princess Room @ French Quarters 2.) A Little Mermaid Room @ Art of Animation 3.) A Nemo Suite @ Art of Animation Thanks

the Royal Rooms are at POR and I'd choose that :) although with splurging for the GF at the end it might be more economical to go with the LM room at AoA. I know I wouldn't waste the $$ on a suite if it's just you two.

I love POR so I'd pick the Princess room at POR and request Oak manor.
A friend of mine just stayed there and said the rooms are amazing.

Question - Have you ever stayed at POR in the princess room? b/c if you have maybe try something different and go with the LM room @ AoA just to really try something different!!! And - I hope your daughter has a very happy birthday!!

Have a great trip at the World!!! :wizard:

Question - Have you ever stayed at POR in the princess room?

No, we have never stayed at French Quarters. We stayed at Riverside twice. The first time when it was still Dixie Landings in the mansions and the second time in the Bayou

I lean towards the FQ but are any of these themes a favorite to your daughter?

My daughter does love The Little Mermaid and while not a fan of Nemo the movie she loves the musical in AK
She is a fan of most princesses, except Tiana...Rapunzel is her favorite and I think Merida is a new fav (but she knows she won't be in the princess rooms)

I am a little concerned with the transportation since I hear PO always has long lines at the bus stops

I'm the daughter being mentioned :earsgirl:

This has been a discussion point for me and my mom for quite awhile actually. I do LOVE the Little Mermaid (my dream is to play Ariel in the musical) and I love the Nemo musical in AK, like my mom said (I think the movie is okay, though). The downside about the Little Mermaid rooms is that we don't even know what they really look like because they won't be open till September. :confused3 Also I'm not too keen about sleeping on a table if we get a Nemo room.

I'm on the Fence about the princess rooms because Jasmine and Tiana seem prominately featured with little touches by every other one. They're my least favorite princesses (my favorites are Rapunzel, Belle, Ariel and Merida (even if she's not an offical one yet she IS one). Rapunzel's still my number one favorite, Mom.).

Yeah, I think remember seeing long lines at the PO bus stops. But I'm 100% sure if it was PO or another resort. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter