• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you choose?

billnang

DIS Veteran
I am torn between
GF club view with basic dining plan... OR GF garden view and deluxe dining...

I really can;t decide.. I see good in both of them, and see no use for both...

I would like to have the abilty to have snack available when ever we wanted.. but I also would like to ry NEW restaurants...

I have 4 children 2- 12 yrs old...

Thoughts?
Angela:confused3

For me and my family, having the club lounge snacks and drinks available all day beats the DDP. We had enough snacks that we didn't want to eat out a ton anyway. We still had at least one sit-down meal a day, and bought treats whenever we wanted to.

Especially with little kids, though, I have found that the instant access to the lounge and it's food and drinks beats standing in line and waiting for food.

I agree with you that doing both doesn't make a lot of sense. This is one of those things that is really personal, though, and I'm sure lots of people will tell you that they'd choose the DDP over the lounge.

I also choose club level for the IPO office -- they made ALL of my ADRs for our upcoming trip and that was wonderful (no waiting on hold forever with Disney Dining). We also like having the lounge as a quiet place to relax in addition to our room. We've stayed in both regular rooms and club level rooms at WDW and enjoyed our trips either way.

Hope this helps.:)

I am torn between
GF club view with basic dining plan... OR GF garden view and deluxe dining...

I really can;t decide.. I see good in both of them, and see no use for both...

I would like to have the abilty to have snack available when ever we wanted.. but I also would like to ry NEW restaurants...

I have 4 children 2- 12 yrs old...

Thoughts?
Angela:confused3

WOW. What a delightful dilemma. I wish I had the opportunity to consider those choices.
Enjoy .
:flower3:

For me and my family, having the club lounge snacks and drinks available all day beats the DDP. We had enough snacks that we didn't want to eat out a ton anyway. We still had at least one sit-down meal a day, and bought treats whenever we wanted to.

Especially with little kids, though, I have found that the instant access to the lounge and it's food and drinks beats standing in line and waiting for food.

I agree with you that doing both doesn't make a lot of sense. This is one of those things that is really personal, though, and I'm sure lots of people will tell you that they'd choose the DDP over the lounge.

I also choose club level for the IPO office -- they made ALL of my ADRs for our upcoming trip and that was wonderful (no waiting on hold forever with Disney Dining). We also like having the lounge as a quiet place to relax in addition to our room. We've stayed in both regular rooms and club level rooms at WDW and enjoyed our trips either way.

Hope this helps.:)

Curious, how did you have instant access to the lounge and its food and drinks? Did you not go to the parks? Just walking from anywhere in any park to the front gate to exit the park is so time-consuming. Then getting pack to your resort, more time, etc.. Can't figure out how you had instant access, unless you just stayed at the resort>:confused3

Personally I would go with the Club Level room without the Dining Plan, because I think it's to much food if you plan to spend a lot of time in the lounge. Plus if you make a lot of ADR's how will you have time to eat in the lounge?

I would go club level with the basic dining plan. It would still allow you to have your TS meals but give you flexibility with the kids to have drinks/snacks available during the time you are at the resorts.

I think that the benefit of the DXDP is to capitalize on doing a lot of TS meals, which, for my kids, would be way too much time sitting and not enough time in the parks.

Good luck!!

Well, I decided to make a dining schedle as if I was going to do deluxe and sow the family... Thank goodness for me, they all saw what I saw...

We were going to be running from restaurant to restaurant,,and resort and park time looked limited... and that was with only having 16 out of 21 TS...

So for US we re sticking to our original plan...basic dining with sugar loaf...
Thank you for your thoughts...

Angela

I would do the CL with the basic dining, if you are going to use the resort alot the snacks and such are very convenient.

While I never do the dining plan, we have done a lot of table service lunches in the park, and then the signature restaurants for dinner. I hate to say, after a few days I don't want to see another big meal! Which is the reason why we don't do the dining plans, don't want to be "forced" to over order, and we don't have to try to make sure we use all the credits, etc. Sometimes it is just nice to skip dinner and spend the evening by the pool, and get either room service or go to someplace for a real late dinner.

Anyways, you made a good choice in my opinion. Enjoy Sugar Loaf!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter