• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which would you choose...Swan or Dolphin?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
I've been checking out rates for a day we'd like to add to our vacation.....and I can get great ones as an AP holder or as a teacher at both hotels. Actually, for some reason, the Swan is coming out less expensive for some rooms.

Anyway, with cost being fairly equal, which would you choose?

I'm leaning towards the Swan with the heavenly beds....but if there's something else to consider please let me know!

Thanks!

Depends what kind of atmosphere you prefer.

Both are beautiful hotels.

The Swan has a cosier feel to it I think. It's obviously physically smaller, but the reception areas are also small with low ceilings. The Dolphin has a spectacular reception, very pretty, but cavernous, much like being in a train station - big, busy, buzzing...being a bigger hotel there are more onsite facilities and restaurants.

I've stayed at both, and would happily stay at either one again without a 2nd thought, but if I <i>had</i> to choose, I'd choose the Swan because I personally prefer the smaller feel of the place.

sounds like we may like the Swan better too. Actually we ran into the Dolphin last year to take my dd to the restroom (we were trying to catch the boat to MGM but were staying at BWV) and weren't really all that impressed with the lobby. Like you said...it is cavernous. I will grant that its unique though!

Any other differences we should know about?

Thanks!

Multiple differences.

I personally prefer the Swan (as does my DH), but, the kids prefer the Dolphin.

I think the Swan is quieter, more reserved, with a more elegant look to the lobby. I also prefer the Queen beds over the doubles in the Dolphin and the second vanity with sink in the room. Also, the smaller size of the Swan makes for a better return from a long tiring day at the parks or for carrying packages in.

The Dolphin has better (and more) views of Illuminations and larger rooms. The laundry, game room and most of the restaurants are there. Also, the refillable mugs are refilled at Tubbis at the Dolphin.

Either way, I'm a big fan of both.

I like the energy of the Dolphin better than the Swan. The Dolphin has Tubby's, the Dolphin Grill and several shops and even the laudromat. While it is the bigger hotel, it also seems to me to be the more comfortable and lively of the two.

Thanks again....considering we only need one night, the Swan seems to win for us....mainly the beds that make the difference. I much prefer queens over doubles! And the Swan beds sound wonderful. We won't be doing the refillable mugs so that doesn't really effect us. And we'll have done our laundry already in our BWV 1br.

We just wanted to add the night since we have friends from out of state arriving that day....we'll be there at the BCV and BWV for a week before this. It will be interesting to have a trip that's entirely in the Epcot resort area!

We always liked the Swan because it was smaller and more "intimate" but then when we finally stayed at the Dolphin and we were sold on that because it was so convenient and "grand"!

But, we decided to go back to the Swan for our next trip because I'm just dying to try those heavenly beds (they look so cozy on the starwood commercial (E! network has it on a lot))...
you can't go wrong with either-but you miles well go with the one that costs less;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter