Which would you choose? Option 1 or 2

maja36

Earning My Ears
Option 1: 1 bedroom 1 week stay at old key west, 1st class flight, car rental

OR

Option 2: 2 separate trips, both in studios for 5 days each time, with coach class flight, no car rental

Oh, and DH can only come for 1 of the trips if option 2 is chosen
Oh, and you have 1 child under 3
Oh, and with option 2, older child pulled out of school 2 times instead of just 1

That is a hard one! I would opt for option 2, but then I would really miss having my hubby with. Is their someone who can take his place?

How old is older child and would it all be in the same school year?

Older child is 7 and yes all in one year, and btw, we are not close, coming from Canada. Oh, and it will be our first trip home as members in January 2006, yeah!!!

maja36 said:
Older child is 7 and yes all in one year, and btw, we are not close, coming from Canada. Oh, and it will be our first trip home as members in January 2006, yeah!!!

Hello fellow Canuck! :wave: Hard to decide, :confused3 but, if it was me I'd take Option 1. Mainly because of Hubby not being able to take 2nd vacation :guilty: and taking older child out of school twice for 2nd vacation.

Just my opinion - tempting to take two vacations away from all the snow....
:cloud9:

maja36 said:

OR

Option 2: 2 separate trips, both in studios for 5 days each time, with coach class flight, no car rental

Oh, and with option 2, older child pulled out of school 2 times instead of just 1

I'm all for the cake and eating it too....here's what I would finnagle..(sp?;))

Option #1 Everyone goes for 10 days...depart Canada on a Thursday or Friday, stay onsite at a value or moderate (but you might get some great off season discounts at a deluxe or DVC...hmmm)
Sunday, check in at OKW 1 bedr for the week, fly home the next Sunday - coach (the difference in airfare pays for the extra accomodations and extra tickets)

So you get the same time at WDW as option 2, but your DH can go as well..

JMO!! :) Have fun planning!!

:sunny:

Having 2 small children and one on the way, I would much rather take the one longer vacation for purely logistical reasons.

I really like MBB's idea and if that was possible, I would go for it!

I think I would vote for option 1. Having the larger room, 1st class flight, etc., really makes it sound like a magical vacation. Having to do the 2nd trip by yourself (w/o DH), coach flight with luggage & 2 children, in a studio, pulling out of school twice, etc. It's just my opinion but I think a luxurious 1 week vacation would be my 1st choice.

My vote is also probably tempered by the fact that every time we pull the kids out of school for a week to go to WDW, that also seems to be the year that they catch the flu, strep throat, etc. and end up missing a couple of other weeks of school due to illness. Now that they are in 2nd, 3rd & 5th, we've really tried to limit the amount of time they are pulled out.

Good luck with your choice. Either will be fun.

Lissa

I would have to ditto what lab girl said, she just beat me to it ! 10 days, coach airfare, get the best car rental and used the left over money for chef mickeys ::MickeyMo

maja36 said:

OR

Option 1 is the only choice with the first class flight ticket instead of flying like sardines in coach.

If those are your only options, I would go with option 1. A longer vacation and only taking the older child out once instead of twice, plus not having to deal with the kids as a "single" parent for a trip would be my choice.

Thanks for the input, all those things crossed my mind, 1st class trip comes from points so I can't get the cash, but I would prefer to have dh there with us... and having 1 special dvc holiday every year will really keep the magic going for our family (after all it needs to last for 50 years right?)

Thanks again.

Take option 2 nothing beats multiple trips to WDW no matter what even if it means pulling 1 child out of school.

Glad you picked #1...in picking #2 you would have to take a lot of clothing because it would have been very hard to go to the laundry with no 2nd adult. So you would have to bring the kids and the laundry, and that could take a while!!!

Definitely option 1!!!

Here's what seals the deal....1st class flight, and having your husband for the whole 7 days of the trip. Plus with a little one the 1 bedroom is a blessing...trust me :flower: .

I'm all for multiple trips....but in your instance it will be MUCH more relaxing doing it the Option 1 way. Good Luck!!!

Hi,

I'd pick option 1 myself!!! Go 1st class & enjoy your week!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

... by a long shot for all the reasons that everyone has mentioned! Have a great time!:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter