Which would you choose...Le Cellier or Raglan Road?

3prettyprincesses

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
We're planning to do Epcot and then La Nouba that night. Soooo, would you choose to eat at Le Cellier in Epcot or Raglan Road in Downtown Disney? I've never eaten at either. TIA! :goodvibes

I am probably going to be the first and only one to say Raglan Road. I am so not into Le Cellier.

But there's also the fact that you don't have to find transportation to La Nouba!

I'd go with Raglan Road. I'm not a fan of Le Cellier.

The pie in the sky at Raglan is great, as well as Ger's bread & butter pudding for dessert!

I haven't been to le Cellier but we loved Raglan Road! Ger's Bread & Butter pudding is fabulous!:thumbsup2

We ate at both last week and loved them both! But Le Cellier was our favorite meal of the whole trip and Raglan Road was very close behind. Either way you will have a great meal!

We have also dined at both and enjoyed both. Go with sounds the best because you can't go wrong.

If you can get in, I'd pick Le Cellier. We like the food better there.

Raglan Road hands down. Le Cellier (imho) is way over hyped and not worth the cost and hassle of eating there.

I am probably going to be the first and only one to say Raglan Road. I am so not into Le Cellier.

But there's also the fact that you don't have to find transportation to La Nouba!

ditto.
LC is an average eatery in our opinion (from repeated visits).
RR's food is okay, however both the band & soloist are incredible & worthy of multiple visits:thumbsup2

They just opened a Raglan Road here in Kansas City, just what is the Pie in the Sky? Sounds like maybe I need to take the kids for that one!

They just opened a Raglan Road here in Kansas City, just what is the Pie in the Sky? Sounds like maybe I need to take the kids for that one!

Here is the menu description:

Pie in the Sky - chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad $12.95

Was so goooooood!

We ate at Le Celiier on April 3. I had the best steak that I have had in a long time. The pretzel bread is wicked good also. We have never been to Raglan Road, so I cannot comment.

I hate to go against the grain here..... We ate at Raglan Road in December. It was the worst meal we had on property during our 14 day vacation. The food was bland and greasy. The service was terrible, an all around bad dining experience. I would definately vote for LeCellier.

I've eaten at both and would choose Raglan Road--though I'm probably in a minority because I don't think either are all that great. Raglan Road has decent food and excellent entertainment (and bread pudding!) but throughout our meal, DS kept his hands over his ears. He actually cried a bit because it was so loud. I think if we ever go there again, we'll bring earplugs. I've done that when taking my teen to a concert--we could still hear everything, but it wasn't so painful. At our table, at least, it was incredibly loud.

Raglan Road is very fun and the band is awesome. The first time we went in 2005 it hadn't been open for very long and I wasn't very impressed at all. We gave it another chance when we went in December 2007 and it was amazing! The food was better and the band rocked. And the bread and butter pudding is like the best dessert in all of WDW. So we went back in January and it was great then too. I've been to Le Cellier twice, both for lunch (2004 and 2005). The first time it was great. The next time I didn't think the food was nearly as good as it was the year before (and I ordered the same thing). So I would pick Raglan Road now, since I think it's better and is so much fun (and cheaper too!).

I love both.

If you are seeing the early (6pm or whatever) cirque show, go to raglan road after. You'll get the full experience because you'll see the band (if it isn't sunday).

If you're going to the late show (9pm), I'd eat at le cellier early. See cirque at 9, and then go to raglan road for a drink and dessert. That's a win-win-win.

GB

Like Tasha we found RR so loud as to be painful. Since I don't relish the idea of eating my dinner with earplus, we won't go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter