Which would be better, AP rates or At-par???

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hi there everyone,

There seems to be lots of talk that the new codes are coming out soon...Which do you think would be a better deal, getting an AP and booking the room that way, or paying at par and booking the Dream-Maker with a Silver upgrade. Has anyone ever done either of those things?? Were you happy/disappointed??

We are staying 9 nights if that makes a difference, and likely at PC. The dates are August 22 - 31.

Has anyone ever used an AP rate instead of an At-par rate?

Thanks!!

Beth :idea:

Morning Beth,

We have often booked rooms using our AP's. Those rates are usually quite good. However, last September when we went we did do a package deal with the Ultimate Park Hoppers. I absolutely loved it. Our deal with the hoppers worked out to be much better than booking a room with a code and buying AP's. It depends on what your itinerary is going to be. If this is your only trip in the one year period, and you intend to go to the parks everyday then I'd do the package. It includes both the water parks and Disneyquest. We hadn't done these three things before and they were great. An AP generally pays for itself after 8 days at the parks. The one day difference could be made up by visiting the water parks or Disneyquest.

Does your package include any extras? Sometimes that makes the difference. We received a beautiful Donald print, already framed with our package.

I'd cost out the Silver upgrade as well. You may find that you can't do more than one big meal a day. We did the math and decided that we could do better on our own. We also always eat breakfast in our room.

With the Silver Add On be prepared to eat a lot!

We did this last August. We also had the Fairytale package as Susan but I added the Silver to it. We got to do a lot of the dinner shows where I would not normally do due to cost but with the Silver Add on, well worth the money!

You have to remember you get two wishes a day and each wish is worth approx. $34.00. So when you order your meal, you have to keep that in mind. Also, depending on what time of year you go, you have to have your PS's done ahead of time and this limits any spontenaity (sp). Always watching the clock to make sure you get to your meal on time!

Gook Luck in deciding!

Scratch
pirate:

We usually get the annual pass and go at least once a year. This year our passes had expired and the Can.$ at par came out. We went with that offer and loved it. We stayed for 22 days and it was one of our best trips ever. It was good for us because both the resort and the parks were at par. I figure on $50-$55 per night at the All Star's in value season. That is the equasion I use to see if I am getting a good deal. Of course, the codes don't come out until later. We've never added on the Silver Plan so I can't comment on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter