Which Wolfgang Puck is Counter Service?

tlcdoula

DIS Veteran
I have read so many great reviews and am a little confused about which one we should goto to use a CS credit.

TIA

Wolfgang Puck Express is a CS credit. We are probably gonna try it next summer for lunch and I also read that their breakfast is amazing!

Just in case you were wondering, Wolfgang Puck Cafe is a TS credit, and it also looks very good but we are going to be in DTD in the early afternoon so we would go to WP Express for lunch and maybe have a TS dinner near our resort.

The Dining Room ("Upstairs") does not take the dining plan.

WP EXPRESS that is a counter service credit is in DTD on the Marketplace side in a back corner with outdoor tables for dining.

WP Cafe that has the Table Credit is in DTD on the Westside area near Disney quest.

Express is very good.

Cafe not so good (except the pizza).

Actually there is express on the WestSide as well. There is outdoor seating and a counter with a few seats to the left of the Cafe. We used our CS credits there and it was very good (the menu is just smaller than the one in the Marketplace)

Actually there is express on the WestSide as well. There is outdoor seating and a counter with a few seats to the left of the Cafe. We used our CS credits there and it was very good (the menu is just smaller than the one in the Marketplace)

I just saw a menu for it listed for july 2009 on allears. This must be new, thanks for the tip! I'm very excited about it. We love the express menu. We went for the balloon ride in july (of course it got cancelled as I got up to it) and this would have been convenient had I known they opened that one over there. It was just the cafe last year.

Was the westside express food as good as the one on the marketplace side? It seems to have the same menu. Just wondering if the quality is as good there since the cafe isn't very good.

Was the westside location as crowded?

(don't mean to hijack the thread, but it might also make a difference on which CS to chose for the OP)

The food was wonderful!! The kids had pizzas and of course the desserts were awesome.

It was not crowded at all when we went. We got there a little after 11 on a Sunday and when we left around noon there were still plenty of tables left.

They have a self-serve soda machine as well...

I am sooo glad that they put in another location.
Disney is finally giving people what they want, more of the quality places instead of the mass produced T.G.I.F. type dining.

I am definitely putting the new location on my visit list this time!
THANKS!

We were at WPE marketplace this past sunday, Aug 23. We went to Goof's to use up our 12 snack credits and went over to WPE, tucked over in the roght hand back corner of the Disney Christmas Shop, to use up our last dining credits. We had 1 adult CS, 3 adult TS, and 1 child's TS to use. WPE took them all. We got a spicy chicken pizza, 4 cheese baked macaroni with organic green's salad, 2 chicken and fries, and a kid's cheese pizza, creme brule', 3 cookies(they were out of brownies, and we got the order to go so we couldn't do the frozen yogurt), and drinks. It was a great meal for the start of our ride home. We were there about 1:30 and it was very busy, but service was fast.

so WPE gets :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

WPE Market Place is a Wolfgang company store and it has some excellent food. WPE West Side is a franchise location. West Side just stripped their menu down to nothing as did other WDW restaurants due to "free" dining.

Do yourself a favor and skip West Side.

Has anyone been able to use a CS credit for Breakfast at the WP Express? The official DDP brochure says it is CS for Lunch & Dinner...

Thanks! All my TS are booked (whew!) and now I'm just filling in the blanks with CS meals...

We went to west side express for lunch yesterday, and it was DELISH!! I highly recommend it!!!

We found WP Express toward the end of our trip. Had a delicious lunch before heading to Typhoon Lagoon. Will definitely make more use of our credits there, as opposed to food court fare next year.

Has anyone been able to use a CS credit for Breakfast at the WP Express? The official DDP brochure says it is CS for Lunch & Dinner...

Thanks! All my TS are booked (whew!) and now I'm just filling in the blanks with CS meals...

Ooh, I hope so. We plan on eating there for breakfast before we head to Port Canaveral for our cruise.

WPE Market Place takes QSC for all of their meals. We ate there almost everyday of our vacation last week.

We'll be doing four waterpark days during our 14 day trip, and we plan on eating breakfast here each of those days (and dinner two of them). I'm assuming nothing has changed and that CS works for breakfast too. Their breakfast pizzas and waffles are incredible. No CS meals we've tried in any of the parks or resorts comes close to what you can get at WPE. Great value!

WPE Market Place is a Wolfgang company store and it has some excellent food. WPE West Side is a franchise location. West Side just stripped their menu down to nothing as did other WDW restaurants due to "free" dining.

Stripped down the menu how? What's up?

Stripped down the menu how? What's up?

I'm talking about the Express, Quick Service Credit restaurant. All of the pasta is off the menu at the West Side. Spaghetti and meat balls, rigatoni, all of it.

The location that is attached to the full-serve, company-owned restaurant is a franchise? Are you sure?

The location that is attached to the full-serve, company-owned restaurant is a franchise? Are you sure?

Well as sure as what the employee told me when I asked why their menu had been changed when "free" dining started. The employee told me that they were owned by a separate company, the same one that owns several of the restaurants on the West Side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter