Which week would you pick?

denily

Mouseketeer
This is for next year...just starting to think about when we'll go...so, what would you pick??
~Jan 6-12 or 13th (week before MLK)
~Feb 24-Mar 2 or 3rd
~April 14-20 or 21st (Easter is April 4th next year...so maybe still some spring break crowds?)
~June 2-8 or 9th (Last week of school and Memorial day is 5/31)

They're all wed-tues (or wed), because of DH's work schedule and DD's school schedule.

I would say April 14th. The spring break crowds should be relatively low by then. Jan and Feb are good times to go crowd wise, but the weather can be a hit or miss. Good luck with whichever week you choose.

I would pick April for sure. It's our favorite time to go. The weather is beautiful, the crowds aren't bad and Epcot has the flower festival. Jan and Feb can be iffy weather wise and June the crowds are bigger.
Have fun whatever you choose, it is Disney after all. :)

Thanks!! I was leaning toward April, but I wasn't sure if Easter being the week before would have a big impact on the crowds!

Thanks!! I was leaning toward April, but I wasn't sure if Easter being the week before would have a big impact on the crowds!

Not sure of our school's schedule for next year yet but we always have a week off for April vacation. We live in MA and I'm not sure if other states also have a week off in April. I know people who go in April and it can be busy.

I like January from among the options here. It wouldn't be good if you want to do water parks and swimming, but I don't mind the cool weather and the crowds are few & far between. There's also a chance for some warm-ish weather too.:earsboy:

I would say go with April!!! We are going again this April and it is our favorite time to go. We have been to Disney in March, April, May, June, July and Oct! April and Oct win hands down for our best time to go for weather/crowds they are both great!!!! Have a wonderful time!

The week after the week of President's Day is one of the lightest attendance times of the year. Plus the weather is at its best - no heat at all. If you have never been at this time you owe it to yourself, you may never have another crack at it again, depending on what your regular limitations are.

April 14-20th will be one of the busiest weeks of the year, schools regularly have Spring Break which does not align with Easter Sunday. Mar 1 and 2nd are usually so light at WDW. If you use the any reasonable strategy, everything will be walk on.

I have been twice this time of year, and it's been like a dream come true.

This is for next year...just starting to think about when we'll go...so, what would you pick??
~Jan 6-12 or 13th (week before MLK)
~Feb 24-Mar 2 or 3rd
~April 14-20 or 21st (Easter is April 4th next year...so maybe still some spring break crowds?)
~June 2-8 or 9th (Last week of school and Memorial day is 5/31)

They're all wed-tues (or wed), because of DH's work schedule and DD's school schedule.

Well, Just a heads up regarding Easter...This year 2008 Easter is on April 12th, but our public schools don't go on spring vacation until April 21st through 25th. So, If you went this year you would have hit our public school's spring breaks. I would probably say our spring breaks will be around this time next year too, since its been this way since I was a little kid.

June, You may get a lot more crowds since lots of southern states will be out by then, although not as crowded as going at end of june, but still lots of people.

The best would be your January or February dates as long as you don't mind some cooler temperatures anywhere from about 50-75 would be a good range on temps. We lucked out the end of january after their big frost and had a few 80s (82 and 83)...

I would pick the Feb dates. We love going in the cooler and slower times.
We went the week in Jan you are considering this year and loved it except we had several run ins with the large brazillian tour groups that are all over the parks that time of year. Just think of lots of large groups of teenagers! :scared: Anyway, we won't go back that time of year again!

The week after the week of President's Day is one of the lightest attendance times of the year. Plus the weather is at its best - no heat at all. If you have never been at this time you owe it to yourself, you may never have another crack at it again, depending on what your regular limitations are.

April 14-20th will be one of the busiest weeks of the year, schools regularly have Spring Break which does not align with Easter Sunday. Mar 1 and 2nd are usually so light at WDW. If you use the any reasonable strategy, everything will be walk on.

I have been twice this time of year, and it's been like a dream come true.

thanks for saying that about the week after President's Week -- that's when our competition is scheduled for next year. We had always gone the week before President's Day and I realize we got very spoiled.

Oh, and the competition is for baton twirlers (the quiet ones, quiet time officially starts at 10 pm in their section)

I'll go for April, we haven't tried it but we want too because some says it's really good month to go, I hope so.:thumbsup2

wow! Thanks for all the input!
We just went this past January and loved it. The weather and crowds were perfect...but I had heard that the week around MLK can be busy, plus the marathon crowds...
We also were there the last week of April 2008. Really nice weather, but the crowds were a little more than this past Jan.

I think it's between end of Feb and middle of April....decisions, decisions.... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter