Which week this year is Jersey week.

Tina1

DIS Veteran
Just thinking of planning our trip this year and wondering which week is Jersey week. Thanks Tina

I think the NJ Teachers Convention is November 9th & 10th.
So that would mean the week of November 6th. :)

::yes::

Dates for the future NJEA Conventions:
Thursday, November 9
Friday, November 10
Saturday, November 11

Thursday, November 8
Friday, November 9
Saturday, November 10

Thursday, November 6
Friday, November 7
Saturday, November 8

Thursday, November 5
Friday, November 6
Saturday, November 7

Thursday, November 4
Friday, November 5
Saturday, November 6

Thursday, November 3
Friday, November 4
Saturday, November 5

Please forgive my ignorance, but this is a new one on me, and we're scheduled to go that week. Is it unusually crowded?...all week or just the last 3 days? How big an affair is it?

TIA!

It's called "Jersey Week" because the schools here are closed for the teachers' convention on the dates listed. A lot of schools are closed an additional day or two that week (some are closed the entire week). The convention is in Atlantic City, not WDW, but there are quite a few families from NJ who go this week since their kids don't miss much, if any, school.

We've been to WDW this week several times. We don't think the crowds are that bad. The weather has always been PERFECT...highs in the 80's with little to no rain. You just run into a lot of people from New Jersey...which isn't so terrible (well, the ones from South Jersey, anyway! ;))

Thanks, Dopey Sharon! By the way my FIL is from NJ, but that was years ago (little town in the west/northwest, I believe, called Basking Ridge).

:wave:

Dopey Sharon said:
::yes::

Dates for the future NJEA Conventions:
I bet they end up changing some of those dates.
First, it's always coincided to some degree with Veterans Day; and second, it's pretty much always been the same week as Election Day. The far-future dates seem somewhat early, especially given that in 2011, Election Day will be the following week, not the NJEA Convention week.

Dopey Sharon said:
You just run into a lot of people from New Jersey...which isn't so terrible (well, the ones from South Jersey, anyway! ;))

hee hee I SECOND THAT!

:smokin: Maddhatir :hippie:

Just follow the cloud of aqua-net and the line of Camaros.

Sorry, couldn't resist. C'mon, that was funny.

mattsdragon said:

Sorry, couldn't resist. C'mon, that was funny.

HEY NOW! contain yourselves! ;)

:smokin: maddhatir :hippie:

At least I didn't mention stretch pants.

Ooops, too late.

We were just there 11/5-10. Since this was our first trip I have nothing to compare it to, but I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. According to the UG the crowd level was at 7 for the weekdays, so I was a little worried before we got there. We were in Magic Kingdom for two days and the longest we waited on a ride was about 15 mins. for Splash Mountain. We did use Fastpasses whenever possible. We also had no waits at Animal Kingdom on Sunday. The weather was perfect, 80 degrees and no rain. I really wouldn't worry about it. Have fun!

kaytieeldr said:
First, it's always coincided to some degree with Veterans Day; and second, it's pretty much always been the same week as Election Day. The far-future dates seem somewhat early, especially given that in 2011, Election Day will be the following week, not the NJEA Convention week.
They need to book the convention center well in advance, so I doubt that the dates will change.

kaytieeldr said:

Actually, no. The above poster was 100% correct. I am a NJ teacher and those are the dates listed on www.njea.org...the website for the NJ Education Association. Since they plan/organize the convention, I would guess those dates are dead on! :bounce:

I got the dates from the NJEA's web site, so I'm sure they are correct.

Sorry to go off OP's original topic but I must defend us North Jerseyans! I am sorry but I am so tired of hearing these stereotypes that haven't even existed in Northern NJ since the early 90s!!!
mattsdragon said:
mattsdragon said:
At least I didn't mention stretch pants.
maddhatir said:
Thats NORTH Jersey :rotfl2:

When was the last time either of you were in NJ or North NJ for that matter? I challenge you to go to Short Hills Mall and tell me if you see aqua net, camaros, and stretch pants. Not being snarky, just sticking up for the North Jersey crowd! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter