Which week of these 3 options...

KristinV02

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone! I know this is asked a lot, and I've done so much research for the planning of our family trip, that my family members are begging me for exact dates so they can put their request for time off into work. I have narrowed it down to the following:

September 13th to 20th
October 18th to 25th
November 15th to 22nd

We have a 6 year old going with us. She loves Halloween and Christmas. I would love to be there during the Christmas decorations and parade, but we are a family that love Halloween, as well. We went in 2012 in September and the crowd level was amazing. We hardly had to wait for rides and the weather was great, minus a few of the typical rain showers. I feel all these months have great options, but I just need some help deciding.

Can y'all help us figure out which week may be the best? THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup2

Have you checked undercovertourist? That's my go to! All 3 options are off peak. Have you priced them out with current rack rates? Not sure if cost would be different. September might still pretty warm. Hope that's a little helpful!

We normally go in September at the time you are thinking and it's a great time to go. There is free dining too! I've also been in October and that was good. I think from reading these boards that November is getting pretty busy due to F&W. You can do the Halloween party in both middle of September to October. Plus your 6 year old can dressing costume if you go to the MNNSHP.

I've always loved September so that's my pick. ::yes::

I have gone with my kids in Oct/Nov as well as Nov/Dec. They were both great for different reasons. But we for sure loved the Nov/Dec. more. The only problem I see with your November dates is that they might overlap with US Thanksgiving. I'm not American so I don't know the dates of it for sure but I do know that WDW is ridiculously busy during the Thanksgiving week/week-end. Now the week after US Thanksgiving is my favorite week of the year to go.

based off the crowd calendar I looked at, Sept has the best -- most days being 1 or 2. November has the second best with basically the same with a few 3's. October is full of 5s.

I personally would chose November based on the weather being a little better than mid September. Plus, you'll see lots of Christmas decor :-)

Thank you all so much for your replies and opinions! :)

jaceraden: We would be going the week before Thanksgiving and heard that it's usually a great weekend before the crowds get there.

I am so ready to just have the dates finalized, but for some reason this year I am struggling on setting them in stone. So many wonderful options!! Y'all are great! :)

Hi, everyone! I know this is asked a lot, and I've done so much research for the planning of our family trip, that my family members are begging me for exact dates so they can put their request for time off into work. I have narrowed it down to the following:

September 13th to 20th
October 18th to 25th
November 15th to 22nd

We have a 6 year old going with us. She loves Halloween and Christmas. I would love to be there during the Christmas decorations and parade, but we are a family that love Halloween, as well. We went in 2012 in September and the crowd level was amazing. We hardly had to wait for rides and the weather was great, minus a few of the typical rain showers. I feel all these months have great options, but I just need some help deciding.

Can y'all help us figure out which week may be the best? THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup2

We've done that week in September 2010 and loved it. The crowds were low, the parks was decorated for Halloween, and the weather was warm.

Thank you all so much for your replies and opinions! :)

jaceraden: We would be going the week before Thanksgiving and heard that it's usually a great weekend before the crowds get there.

I am so ready to just have the dates finalized, but for some reason this year I am struggling on setting them in stone. So many wonderful options!! Y'all are great! :)

We just went the week before TG...it was awesome. Low crowds, decorations were all up, Osborne lights, the castle lit up...great weather.

Be careful with the October dates. Last October saw a rather large spike in crowds as more school districts took fall breaks. If I remember right, most of those breaks were during the 2nd and third weeks. The first and fourth weeks seemed to be ok. These fall breaks took the crowd calendars off guard so you can't really trust the ones from 2013.

If it's not Thanksgiving, then go in November. There is nothing like WDW all decked out for Christmas!! (And your child can still dress up!!)

We enjoy November a great deal. If you want to catch the Food & Wine Festival and/or the Halloween celebration, keep an eye out for the schedule. I think the festival is usually over around mid-November. September is great, but sometimes still humid for my taste. We've never visited in October --- we'll get around to it! ;)

Having done Oct & Nov trips with my school age children, I would choose your Nov dates. The Christmas decorations will be up, the weather is nice & crowds aren't bad. Enjoy your trip!

THANK YOU!!! To everyone. Y'all have just been so wonderful!! I am going to go with November dates this time. :) I am super excited about the Christmas decor and programs and I know everyone else will really enjoy it, as well!! :)

I seem to remember someone saying that you can catch the end of Halloween and the beginning of Christmas sometime in early November. Anyone have experience with this?

I seem to remember someone saying that you can catch the end of Halloween and the beginning of Christmas sometime in early November. Anyone have experience with this?

Yup. Just did that this year. Oct. 26-Nov. 6th. It was pretty cool how the Magic Kingdom was Hallowween one day and really Christmasy the next!

I still prefer The week after US Thanksgiving. Even the resorts are fully Christmasy then.

I would pick November because I like cooler temperatures, but I would also take flight costs into consideration. You would have to wait a few months to start pricing flights, but they can greatly vary.

Food & Wine Festival will be over before your travel dates so your crowd levels should be really good at that time in November. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter