Which WDW Spa would you recommend?

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Out of the three WDW has listed, which spa have you been to and which one would you recommend? :confused3
I see there is one at GF, SS, and the DR, which I assuming these are all full service spas. Then Disney has treatments available at these locations:
# Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
# Disney's BoardWalk Inn
# Disney's Contemporary Resort Hotel
# Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Hotel
# Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Hotel
# Disney's Yacht Club Resort Hotel

Just wondering how your experiences were at any of these places. I'm guessing that GF is most likely the most luxuriant and most pricey.

Thanks! :)

Forgot to add I'm a mommy of two little boys, so I'm looking for one "Mommy Day" while we are on vacation, so my DH can have a "boys day" with the little ones. It's a hard choice as I have never been to any of the spas yet, and they all look so wonderful! Thanks again! :)

If you are wanting a real spa experience you have 3 choices.

GF Spa
SSR Spa
Mandara Spa at the Dolphin

The others are not spas; they just offer a minimal number of spa treatments at the fitness facilities. The treatments themselves are probably similar but the environment will be different (hence the price difference).

I have not done the Mandara but I've done GF spa twice and the SSR spa several times. GF and SSR spas are both Nicky Bryant spas, run by same company, so they are similar. However, I like the facilities at the SSR spa much better. They are newer, lighter, fresher which for me, makes it more relaxing.

If you haven't found it yet, the website is relaxedyet.com for SSR and GF spa details.

Been to both...in fact just got back from the world this week...I indulged at the SSR on Xmas day. Must say I like SSR the best. Be sure to use the steam room as well as the whirlpool before your treatment...very relaxing.

Been to both...in fact just got back from the world this week...I indulged at the SSR on Xmas day. Must say I like SSR the best. Be sure to use the steam room as well as the whirlpool before your treatment...very relaxing.

Nice! I do love the steam rooms too! Very lovely! I used to work at a beautiful spa in Destin, Florida at the Hilton and we had the greatest steam rooms.

And fleeflicker, here is the link to the packages available and the prices:
http://relaxedyet.com/index.asp

You just need to click on "spa locations", then choose one, it will show the prices. I think the prices are pretty much all the same. Not as bad as I thought they would be either!

We have used the GF...the AKL..and the SSR spas over the last few years.

I would have to say I enjoyed the GF the best but I loved the steam room at the AKL..the smell of eucalyptus in that room was absolutely fabulous! My hubby and myself thought it was awesome. I don't recall the other 2 spas offering that when we were there.

Don't forget, we live in sinus valley Ohio. My hubby refers to it as the 'armpit of American'. :sad2:

Enjoy whatever spa you use! :)

DD, then 9 at the time and I did GF spa a couple of times ago, and while pleasant was not worth the price to us. I was really looking for a spa experience and didn't find it. I did read that SSR was much better and considered doing it this trip, but it just didn't work out time wise. Good luck - whatever you choose I'm sure you'll love the relaxing time away!

My sister and I did the full day "mother and daughter day" at the GF and it was wonderful. I would do it again if I had the chance. We had a great time and the people there were so nice and understood how we were sisters and not mother and daughter and didnt getting mad about us booking the service I have had problems with this before, but they were very nice. I have not been to any of the other spas, but I would only go there, because of the wonderful people.

Looks like SSR would definitely be a great place to try! :)

DD, then 9 at the time and I did GF spa a couple of times ago, and while pleasant was not worth the price to us. I was really looking for a spa experience and didn't find it. I did read that SSR was much better and considered doing it this trip, but it just didn't work out time wise. Good luck - whatever you choose I'm sure you'll love the relaxing time away!

I understand about the prices!! :eek:

I'm trying to apply for a job at one of the spas too, so I would like to scope out everything while I am there. I am a Florida licensed Massage Therapist and Nail technician. I love it!! And Disney tourists would be my favorite kind!! :lovestruc

Ive tried both GF & SSR- GF for couples massage on our honeymoon and SSR for massages/facials..... Hands down SSR for me!! Newer facilities, brighter, big difference for me was GF had separate waiting areas for men and women and SSR, I waited in a robe with my husband. So if you don't mind the co-ed waiting area, I would say SSR.

Ive tried both GF & SSR- GF for couples massage on our honeymoon and SSR for massages/facials..... Hands down SSR for me!! Newer facilities, brighter, big difference for me was GF had separate waiting areas for men and women and SSR, I waited in a robe with my husband. So if you don't mind the co-ed waiting area, I would say SSR.

Congrats on the weight loss - wow that is an accomplishment! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter