• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

I haven't seen the pictures yet for this update (shhh! I'm at work!) but I think it's so sweet how she cried. I'm glad you were able to convince her you were def. gonna get that for her. Sounds like a great time though, can't wait to see the pix when I get home!

;)Your secret is safe with me.:lmao:

AWWW, so cute how she cried, that she could remember that she gets a gift at dinner, wow.

Oh My Goodness, that dessert looked so good, I would go just for the dessert. Too bad it's princesses and I have two boys, I wonder if DH would let me book a princess meal for us :rolleyes1

Can't wait to see what you did next and a picture of Faiths gift.popcorn::

You never know, your boys might enjoy a meal with princesses.

That is precious, thinking she wasn't going to get her "candle". :cutie: The dessert looks yummy, love the one shaped like the seashell.

It was yummy, and pretty dessert.

Oh, I had to laugh at that ending. When I was a little younger than her I started to cry after dinner with my Grandparents one evening. My Nana yelled in to my Grandfather (whom I call Ba) "What did you do to her!" He says, "Nothing! What's wrong sweetie?" In between sobs I managed to choke out "I...I want ice cream." I had cleaned my plate and when my Nana was cleaning up I thought I wasn't getting dessert!! :rotfl: Oh....I'm 24 now and still hear that story...

Keep that one in your back pocket ;)

What a cute story. You are right, that's one to remember.:goodvibes

Oh wow!! Ariel's Grotto looks AMAZING!!! How neat! Ally would LOVE that--Ariel is her favorite! The desserts look incredible--my mouth is watering just looking at your pics! How sweet that Faith thought she was getting her castle right then--kids are sooo literal at this age! Ally gets very upset too if you sway away from the norm/routine.

Yes, Ally would love Ariel's Grotto!

After our great lunch with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto we stopped for a couple pictures before leaving Paradise Pier.
Image192.jpg

Image194.jpg

Image195.jpg

Image199.jpg

We all really wanted to go on Grizzly River Rapids but only Granita had a poncho. Most people came off soak and wet. I was really wishing DH had remembered to bring extra ponchos I'd requested from home. But you know, there is always something you forget. We even went in the store next door but they were selling ponchos for $8 and piece. We reluctantly decided against the River Rapids. I know the girls would have loved it. But fortunately we rode a similar ride at Sea World.

Next we headed to It's Tough to be a Bug. This was exactly like the show in WDW and we love it.:thumbsup2
DSCN0300_1_0148.jpg

DD8 is really into High School Musical right now and had been asking to see their little street show all day. We had missed it each time and I finally realized that there was only one more showing but it would conflict with the Aladdin Musical. I told her that she and I would try to stop by tomorrow to see it. Little did I know that High School Musical would have no showings the following day.:sad2: I still feel bad about not getting her to the show. But you know you can't do everything.

So we had a little time before we needed to head to the show so we went to Bug's Land. It is a cute area for kids. Papa and the girls must have been getting hot as they stopped for frozen lemonade. We ended up standing in line and riding Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. It is a cute kids' ride.
DSCN0301_1_0147.jpg

DSCN0302_1_0146.jpg

DSCN0303_1_0145.jpg

After departing the ride we asked a CM how early we should arrive for the Aladdin Musical. He said at least 30 minutes so we headed that way. I was surprised by just how many people were already lined up when we got there. The waiting area was shaded and the theatre was air-conditioned inside. We obeyed their rule of no photo during the show so here is the one dark photo of the theatre I quickly took as they were making the announcement.

DSCN0304_1_0144.jpg

The musical was 45 minutes long and I think the girls did enjoy it. They really like Jasmine.

When the musical was over it was almost time for the park to close. CA was closing at 6 p.m. :scared1: One of the "non-perks" of off season.

DD5 was happy to be leaving and getting her castle. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the first thing she asked for when we stood up to leave the theatre. We made our way to World of Disney and Faith found her castle. Unfortunately I was still cameraless and Granita did not take any more pictures this day. After much discussion my masterful DH convinced Faith that it would be a much better decision to have the castle sent home so that it would not be damaged on the way home. She REALLY wanted to play with it immediately but agreed to send it home. Poor child.:love: She waited for that castle all day and then had to leave it with the clerk at the store. She did seem excited to find it at home however.

After our time at World of Disney we all decided on dinner at Mimi's Cafe. DH and Papa had eaten dinner there the night before when they arrived as well as breakfast there in the morning. But the girls had not eaten there yet.

Upon returning to the hotel we decided to take a look at DH and Papa's room. They were in the same room as us just five floors up. They had an excelent view! That view would come in handy in a couple nights! They also had a high ceiling with sun lights. They paid about $20-$30 more a night for this room which I think would be worth it if you had plans to watch the fireworks from your room.

We all settled into bed pretty early to get rested up for our big day at Disneyland tomorrow. It would be DH and Papa's first day at Disneyland this trip.

That food and wine photo op is so cute! CA looks like fun. That waterfall pic is cool too. One of these days we'll make it out that way...we drive everywhere though so who knows when we'll get out that far! :goodvibes

Oooh--love all of your photopass pics!! And that's neat that DL has an Aladdin show! I would love to see that! And I'm so glad that Faith finally got her castle even though she didn't get to take it with her!!

Coming in to your TR a little late but it looks like you had fun! Sorry to hear about GRR, but people DO look really soaked coming off. A wise choice, I'd say :thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Love your pictures. The one with the girls holding the Mickey Balloons is sooo cute. Also love the winery one, we didn't go far enough into CA and didn't see that.
We loved the Aladdin show too, it's done really well.
Can't wait to see your D-land day as a whole familypopcorn::

Love your photopass pics. You always get really good pics, you guys are so photogenic! :)

so glad DD got her birthday castle, I'd love to see a photo.

I'd love a castle for my birthday too princess::

That food and wine photo op is so cute! CA looks like fun. That waterfall pic is cool too. One of these days we'll make it out that way...we drive everywhere though so who knows when we'll get out that far! :goodvibes

Oh boy that would be a LONG drive for you. Every once in a while I think about taking a road trip to California but 15 hours is too much for me.:goodvibes

Oooh--love all of your photopass pics!! And that's neat that DL has an Aladdin show! I would love to see that! And I'm so glad that Faith finally got her castle even though she didn't get to take it with her!!
The theatre for Aladdin was huge. There was even a second story above us and it was all full.:goodvibes

Coming in to your TR a little late but it looks like you had fun! Sorry to hear about GRR, but people DO look really soaked coming off. A wise choice, I'd say :thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Yep the people we saw coming off GRR were a huge clue.:laughing: Thanks for joining in!

Great update! Everyone looks so happy to be there!

Can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

Well of course, Disney is the happy place.:cool1:

Love your pictures. The one with the girls holding the Mickey Balloons is sooo cute. Also love the winery one, we didn't go far enough into CA and didn't see that.
We loved the Aladdin show too, it's done really well.
Can't wait to see your D-land day as a whole familypopcorn::

I like the picture with the Baloons too!

Love your photopass pics. You always get really good pics, you guys are so photogenic! :)

You're sweet.:goodvibes

Great updates - Ariel's Grotto looks fun! :)

We really enjoyed Ariel's Grotto.

so glad DD got her birthday castle, I'd love to see a photo.

I'd love a castle for my birthday too princess::

We took a picture when the castle arrived at home. I'll post it then.:goodvibes

Well we begin this update with our final day in Disneyland although we have two more nights in Anaheim. The last day on our trip was spent at Universal Studios.

Our first mission on this day was to go to Pixie Hollow. Those of you that read my PTR may remember that this is one thing that DH wanted to see.:lovestruc

So in the morning I surprised the girls with the new Tinkerbell dresses I had made especially for this day on our trip. We were at DLR for rope drop and immediately headed back for Pixie Hollow. We would have been first I think if we hadn't taken a wrong turn and ended up at the exit for Pixie Hollow. Once we got there we were the third family in line.:thumbsup2

We ended up with Tinkerbell and Silver Mist. Both girls love the new Tinkerbell movie and knew immediately which fairy was there.

Image206.jpg

Image211.jpg

The girls enjoyed seeing the fairies and the outside scenery was cute. However, after watching video from Pixie Hollow in WDW I was a little disappointed. I had told the girls how we would be shrunk as I heard that on the boards. In DLR they don't do anything to make it seem like you are shrinking to fairy size. There was not a lot of interaction time with the fairies either. I thought it was neat in the video from WDW how there are little lights that move on the wall to make it look like fairies are flying around. One great thing was that we were in and out of there in less than ten minutes.

Tinkerbell did play her part pretty well.
Image213.jpg

Image215.jpg

Image222.jpg

As we left Pixie Hollow Papa decided to buy each of the girls a stuffed fairy. The girls sure scored with the pair of grandparents that were with them. On DH's side it is Papa who spoils the girls. On my side it is Granita.

Here the girls are each holding their new fairy. DD8 got Tinkerbell and DD5 got Rosetta.
237.jpg

Next we decided to do Matterhorn. Granita decided to stay behind with the girls. They all should have gone as it doesn't have any big drops and they would have enjoyed it.

This was my first time riding it. One thing that was interesting was that each bobsled seats 4. However, if all four sit in a sled the two in front and two in back have to stradle eachother. We were directed to one bobsled. I enjoyed cuddling up with DH but I wondered if it ever makes people uncomfortable straddling someone they are not that close with.:confused3

This picture was taken from in the bobsled.
235.jpg

After the Matterhorn we all headed to Space Mountain.:cool1: We all were excited to ride this as we knew it was the updated version that WDW would soon be getting.
236.jpg

238.jpg

I am happy to report that it is ten times better than the old WDW version! It was smooth, the scenery was much better and it was great to be able to sit next to your kiddos.
239.jpg

After space mountain we headed to the speedway which in DLR is Autopia. Both girls absolutely love this basic car ride. DD8 had been talking about getting her drivers license. I had forgotten they do that.

243.jpg

244.jpg

I drove rode with DD5.
245.jpg

Papa rode with DD8.
247.jpg

And Granita rode alone.:goodvibes DH was out getting FPs.
246.jpg

We finished off our tour of Tomorrowland by doing Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear. Last time I did Star Tours I swore I'd never do it again because it made me sick.:sick: Well I was stupid enough to try it again and yes, I did get nauseous. Not even my mother gets sick on that ride. :sad2:

248.jpg

DH got an amazing score on Buzz Lightyear. We had the picture and score emailed I'll have to go look for it.

249.jpg

The girls' dresses look very cute! And comfortable, especially with the hot California weather :goodvibes

Glad you had such a good time on SM. I especially love the music playing during the ride.

Matterhorn is fun, but I always end up a little sore on the way out. :laughing: It's still one of my favorites, though.

What a great day so far! LOVE the pictures with Tink, I think we'll be stopping to see her, she is one of my favorites...

A lot of DL and WDW rides differ with the side by side and straddling seats. That was the first thing I noticed on our honeymoon to WDW, that Splash Mountain was side by side, not straddling- as all log rides in California are. And yes bobsleds can be interested if you aren't so cozy with the person you are riding with ;)

Can't wait to see what is next, and can't wait to see your Universal Day too, it's been ages since I've been there. popcorn::popcorn::

You made their dresses?!?! Wow! I'm impressed--wish I could sew! Love the pics with the fairies--how fun!! In WDW we saw Silvermist, Tinkerbell, and Fawn. Glad to hear you liked Space Mountain--it was closed for refurbishment when we were there--can't wait to ride it next time! And how cool that the girls got a driver's license--that's a cute addition to that ride--wish they had that at WDW. Great update!! Looking forward to more!

Glad you stopped by. I kept thinking I needed to take the time to email you and let you know I received it. Wow, thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the share.:hug: You went above and beyond by seperating all our pictures. And I enjoyed your extra enhancements. Thank you so much.;)

You're welcome. Glad you like your photos. :goodvibesI just caught up on your TR. We went to Utah last week while DD9 was on her one week break. She started 5th grade today! :scared1:

Waiting for more....

I wonder if the castle is the same one DD got? If so be glad you shipped it home. DD wanted it with her and we had real fun getting that on the plane. The flight attendant made us take it out of the bag we purchased for it (the box would have been way too big) since it still didn't fit in the overhead compartment. Luckily we didn't loose any of the gazillion tiny pieces.

I go away for a week and miss a TON!!! Great updates! Yay, DH is there!! The girls must have been THRILLED! Love the girls little dresses, too cute! And the shades.....how funny are they when they open up? CUTE!!:lovestruc Looking forward to hearing more...and btw, love how you all coordinate together! nice job!!!

That SM looks cool. Looks like they added speakers...is their music or space sounds? What kind of music do they play? Love all the red lights in the load zone. Can't wait 'til this one opens back up.

The girls dresses are adorable! BUT what went wrong with the fellas? They're not color coordinated like you ladies! :confused3 Lime green is what DH and papa needed. :goodvibes

Looks like you guys are having the time of your life. I can't wait to hear you compare them at the end.

The fairy pics are really cute but it looks more like the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground! You think? WDW definitely wins the Fairy meet!

Another great installment! Pixie Hollow looks great - the girls' dresses are lovely. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter