Which way is better?

GiJohnsGirl

Mouseketeer
Hubby is in the army so we would have a discount and we are traveling with an infant, 4 ds, me, dh and my mom.

Our choices are Pop, ASmu suite or POFQ? Thoughts on what would be the best investment of our money?

When are you arriving? If you book two rooms, and request a connecting door @ Pop or POFQ, it may save you some money. You have to check. We did that one year, instead of staying at ASmu suites, which was more money. We didn't get the mini kitchen, but it didn't matter to us at the time.
ASmu suites range from $195-$365(2011 room rates) without your discount, obviously.Will sleep up to 6, plus one child in a Pak-n-Play crib. They may share buses with the other All Star Resorts. Family Suites are located in the Jazz Inn and Calypso buildings. (Calypso rooms are preferred rooms and both Calypso and Jazz are closest to the main lobby and food court)

Pop Century only sleeps 4 to a room. So this is where you may check to see if booking two rooms are cheaper than the suites.

POFQ from what I read, sleeps only 4. So once again, you need to see if booking two connecting rooms works better. I also see POFQ has a lot of activities than the other 2 resorts.

I hope I kinda helped. :confused3
ETA: Now I want to stay at POFQ after researching it!

POFQ is incredible, the resort is small and intimate, great food and bus service, very romantic too

The values are a nightmare for us, way too loud, crowded, packed buses and food courts...its a vacation killer for us.

from your list we like pofq the best as well. it's size is it's biggest advantage. it doesn't matter what room you're in you're still close to everything and only one bus stop, the pool is fun. they do have connecting rooms but will tell you they assign them based on the biggest need. if a family has 2 adults and 4 or 5 kids they'll take priority. with that said we were able to get a connecting room there christmas week 2009 with 3 adults, a teenager, and a child. have you thought about the cabins at wilderness lodge? it's still in the moderate category and sleeps 6. coronado springs has bigger rooms as well and is still in the moderate category as well but has a lot of the same amenities as the deluxe resorts. we stayed there once and really enjoyed it.

Have you considered Shades of Green? It is for military personal only, and has great rates for active duty military.

Have you considered Shades of Green? It is for military personal only, and has great rates for active duty military.

:thumbsup2 I was going to suggest that, but the way the post was typed looked like they only had those options.

:thumbsup2 I was going to suggest that, but the way the post was typed looked like they only had those options.

Ditto! Shades of green has great suites with a separate bed room with a king size bed, 2 bathrooms, etc. You can't beat the rate and the resort is lovely.

POFQ in a heart beat over POP! But for us, we can't justify the added cost so our next trip is 9 days at POP. We've stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. We're not at the resort much so mostly just a place to sleep and its perfect!

The food court at POR (quick bus or boat ride from POFQ) is one of our favorates at WDW.

Hi OP. You are not required to have 2 rooms at pop or POFQ unless you choose to as the baby doesn't count towards occupancy. Obviously the family suite would give you the most room and comes with 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. Might be something to look into with young children. Cost wise, I think 2 value rooms will cost less than the suite. While you woukd likely get connecting rooms, it is certainly not guaranteed. We had 2 connecting value rooms at movies in October. It was quite nice.

As far as POFQ versus a value, it is my personal opinion that the price difference isn't worth it. I don't find the moderates to have that much more room.

If you can swing the suite financially, that would be my choice.

I think it's **************.net that says you should stay either at Pop Century or the Polynesian, for Disney magic. From what I've heard, POFQ has quite a following and is a favorite, but isn't as high on Disney theming/magic as Pop or the Poly.

I would vote for the ASMu Family Suite. We just got back from 10 days there and it is very roomy for a hotel room. Has the kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. They give you plenty of pillows enough for 2 for each person and there are 3 separate sleeps in the living room with a Queen bed in the bedroom. Each room has their own TV.

I don't know anything about Shades of Green or what their 2 room suite is like or what it would cost you but if it is less than $230 a night you might look into that. If it has a mini fridge or a kitchenette especially. I would never try to stay in a room that doesn't have a fridge.

I requested Calypso (closest to the food court) building ground floor and that is exactly what we got. We were NOT facing the pool so it wasn't noisy at all. We really enjoyed the resort pool in the evenings they have ping-pong and play trivia and bingo by the pool and every night at 8 pm they show a movie.

Hubby is in the army so we would have a discount and we are traveling with an infant, 4 ds, me, dh and my mom.

Our choices are Pop, ASmu suite or POFQ? Thoughts on what would be the best investment of our money?

Two rooms connecting is cheapest way to go unless your wanting to cook in a suite. just push the connecting room every time you talk to them...we really like POP over All Stars Music as is much larger over at POP as far as layout of the grounds. they have a movie and games at the pool. there are three pools. can you use your discount at shades of green? as that is for military famile's as well. but not sure you can get the free dining there however. to us---IMO---the free dining is better than any room discount on a value room. but some disagree so each just has to decide what is best for them.:thumbsup2

Have you looked into a Deluxe Annex at the Dolphin?

I used their teacher discount to book a room in August. (They have a military discount too.) Our room has 2 double beds and a pullout couch, and it will cost me a total of $269 per night.

It may be worth looking into.

Oh, and please accept my sincere gratitude on this Veteran's Day for all the sacrifices your family has made.

POFQ! The resort is small. With an infant and a Grandma it's by far the best choice!

@ Alice thank you.

We don't mind shades of green, but we are wanting free dining (we are going in Jan). I guess I didn't expect to be even more befuddled after the post lol. The answers sound good so far. We stayed at ASmovies, but we were not particularly pleased with it. However, it gave our son an exciting stay. I will try and see if POFQ fits our budget and I will consider connecting rooms for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter