Which water park for 5 year old

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Would like some opinions on which water park is better for a 5 year old that can swim and loves the water...

I'd recommend Typhoon Lagoon. IMO its more relaxing, and gauged for a younger crowd. Blizzard Beach has a lot of thrill-type rides that aren't necessarily 'swim' rides. TL has great water coasters, an awesome wave pool, and a fun lazy river. Definitely my favorite!

When we went last Septemeber my daughter was five and we went to Blizzard Beach. DS loved it. She had so much fun with the slides. They had a lot for her age. We go to Soak City at Cedar Point a lot but she loved Blizzard so much more. Lazy river, wave pool, lots of slides for children. I have never taken her to Typhoon but I also enjoy that one. I think it will be your preference. They are both great:)

When I was a kid I preferred Blizzard Beach. I enjoyed swimming but was a bit to scared to go too far into the wave pool and ended up getting pushed around the concrete in the shallower end. I thought Blizzard Beach was more enjoyable and I felt like it had more for someone my age.
Now I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. I'm not big on water slides, which Blizzard Beach has a ton of, so the wave pool is my thing.
Really, it depends on what your child is into more.

I feel like Blizzard beach has more geared to that age group, but like other have suggested....which ever bus comes first....

check out Ski Patrol area in BB. It's designed for kids from about 4-12ish. Also, as someone else posted, the wave pool in BB is much calmer then the one at TL. That means less chance of getting scraped up on the rough pool bottom.

BB is the best. There is a kid area and fantastic intermediate area. I do not like the wave pool at TL. It is too rough for little kids. People are always complaining that the waves are too rough and you get knocked to the rough bottom of the pool. My kids had scratches all over their legs. Ouch!

Another vote for BB. I like TL, but that wave pool!! I've gotten hurt and I once had a very scary close call with my DD...
I did really enjoy the snorkeling, but for kids I think BB is a better choice.

My three boys can - and have - spent hours (literally hours) just on the zip line at the Blizzard Beach ski patrol area. They much prefer Blizzard Beach to Typhoon Lagoon. My youngest was five on our last visit.

I love TL for the tropical lush theming. Not only is it beautiful, it provides much needed shade. I was shoveling snow two days ago, so the last thing I want to see on vacation is more snow - even the fake kind. The rides are great and my kids love the wave pool. The last time we were there my son was 5, but I don't remember any scraped knees. We stayed far enough back that it wasn't a problem.

Love them both for different reasons, and went to both last year when DS was 5. If I had to pick one for that age (and he is a swimmer), I would pick BB. Agreed on TL's wave pool being rough. DS and DH were sitting in it and the waves were strong enough to drag them on there backs (serious road rash alert!).

I'd suggest BB - personally I didn't like it, but the reason I didn't like it was because we started going to the water parks when I was a teen and I always preferred TL because I felt BB catered far more to little kids. So, it would be great for you if your kids are young!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter